Graduation Rates in the State

Graduation Rates in the State

Posted in the Powder Springs Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 07

Douglasville

#1 Dec 2, 2012
Graduation Rates have been calculated for the state:

67% graduation rate

with only 35% young black males finishing high school -
we are only above Neveda and New Mexico

This concerns me greatly! What chance do we have if we cannot even get our young people through school? What chance do they have against the world?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Dec 2, 2012
Maybe the world will take care of them, rather than them taking on the world...

Isn't that how it's supposed to work?
DarkMeat

Douglasville, GA

#3 Dec 2, 2012
Bill in Dville wrote:
Maybe the world will take care of them, rather than them taking on the world...
Isn't that how it's supposed to work?
Ah! A "makers/takers" argument. Yawn. How droll and unproductive.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Dec 2, 2012
DarkMeat wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! A "makers/takers" argument. Yawn. How droll and unproductive.
Ah! Just same old DarkMeat answer. Yawn. Let's see....how many times have you used that same response??? Me thinks DarkMeat needs some new material.:)
DarkMeat

Douglasville, GA

#5 Dec 2, 2012
You're missing the point. And there is one. Seriously. Think about it.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 2, 2012
DarkMeat wrote:
You're missing the point. And there is one. Seriously. Think about it.
Why don't YOU offer something productive instead of accusing others of not doing so.
Think about it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#7 Dec 2, 2012
This thread reminded me that I was watching ESPN's Game Day yesterday morning (in downtown Atlanta), one of the fans in the background had a sign saying,

GO DWAGS

It was visible several times...

Maybe it was an Auburn fan???
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#8 Dec 2, 2012
Here's an AWESOME one, from Wall Street.

http://llwproductions.files.wordpress.com/201...

Since: May 12

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Dec 3, 2012
This means that only 67% graduate in 4 years. It doesn't mean that they don't graduate. It is still bad, but people always think it means that 33% never graduate and that is not true.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#10 Dec 3, 2012
trystme wrote:
This means that only 67% graduate in 4 years. It doesn't mean that they don't graduate. It is still bad, but people always think it means that 33% never graduate and that is not true.
OK, what % graduate at some point after 4 years?

A better question is, "What % don't graduate at all?"...and "Why?"...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#11 Dec 3, 2012
It's interesting how if you look at a list of the states with the worst high-school graduation rates, almost ALL of the are hard-core Republican strongholds.

And Republicans say they believe in education.

Perhaps that's what leads to this little nugget of information:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentine/2012/05...

Since: May 12

Alpharetta, GA

#12 Dec 3, 2012
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, what % graduate at some point after 4 years?
A better question is, "What % don't graduate at all?"...and "Why?"...
Unfortunately, they don't publish those numbers.

Since: May 12

Alpharetta, GA

#13 Dec 3, 2012

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#14 Dec 3, 2012
ChicknButt wrote:
Perhaps that's what leads to this little nugget of information:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentine/2012/05...
It is truly sad when people reject science and rational thinking for dogmatic reasons.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#15 Dec 3, 2012
ChicknButt wrote:
It's interesting how if you look at a list of the states with the worst high-school graduation rates, almost ALL of the are hard-core Republican strongholds.
And Republicans say they believe in education.
Perhaps that's what leads to this little nugget of information:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentine/2012/05...
Well, I didn't read the article because it started off by stating that it was written by an anti-Republican, so.........

What I can say is that apparently all of the STUPID people in GA voted for Obama because someone would have to be totally brainless to vote for someone with a proven failing record. There is just no other explanation.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#16 Dec 3, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I didn't read the article because it started off by stating that it was written by an anti-Republican, so.........
What I can say is that apparently all of the STUPID people in GA voted for Obama because someone would have to be totally brainless to vote for someone with a proven failing record. There is just no other explanation.
That is so blatantly contradictory. The biggest failing record in the history of the country happened the last time we let the Republicans run the White House. The second biggest failing record in the history of the country happened the last time we let the Republicans run the Capitol Building.

It takes more than a set of blinders to be able to think what you posted, it truly takes putting your head in the sand.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17 Dec 3, 2012
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so blatantly contradictory. The biggest failing record in the history of the country happened the last time we let the Republicans run the White House. The second biggest failing record in the history of the country happened the last time we let the Republicans run the Capitol Building.
It takes more than a set of blinders to be able to think what you posted, it truly takes putting your head in the sand.
lol You voted AGAIN for the failure. There is no denying that. Not enough spin IN THE WORLD.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#18 Dec 3, 2012
A blind anti-Obama post from Synergy!

Shocker!

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#19 Dec 3, 2012
I think the main reason that kids are not graduating is because of living in a single parent family. I would like to see the statistics on how many of the kids graduate while living with 2 parents and those living only with a single parent.
Many of these kids do not have a father or man to guide them and give them the discipline that they need to make it successfully through life.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#20 Dec 3, 2012
ChicknButt wrote:
A blind anti-Obama post from Synergy!
Shocker!
A clueless, uninformed, Obama kool-aid drunkard post from ChickButt Sybil. Not surprised at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
54% increase in your trash pick-up 10/1 1 hr taxpayer 112 1
Hot water heater question ... 1 hr taxpayer 112 6
Chickfila Sun Unrepentant rebel 1
New Superintendent for DCSS Sat Tolerman 47
Animal clicking noise? (Jan '13) Sep 22 Tolerman 36
carl sweet (Jun '12) Sep 16 Robbed 4
Jesse Sosobee Sep 15 Earline 1

Powder Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Powder Springs Mortgages