formerresident

Decatur, GA

#124 Feb 6, 2013
Make it a place where you can trust paper when purchasing property brand new.
Taxpayer 112

Douglasville, GA

#125 Feb 7, 2013
not pc anymore wrote:
Trying to get a feel from the people of Douglas County and Douglasville. How do we change it for the better? Have all the bad apples recalled by the voters? Freeze the budget? Raise or lower taxes? Schools reverted back to old lines and the new one only redrawn? School board members recalled? Home properties frozen back to year 200? or leave them alone? Lets hear some serious ideas. Maybe we can get the leaders to review our ideas. Maybe not. Snicker.
First off I can't speak for any thing about the city.
But as I have said before as it relates to DC. All of your ideas are very good & especially about recall. It seams that TW never comes up with a tax increase until AFTER his election. IMO there is only two reasons that someone would vote him back in (and I don't care who is running against him)is if they WANT higher taxes or they profit from him being in office, I could go on on but thats my opinion.
veledran

Hopkinsville, KY

#126 Feb 7, 2013
There is very little for people to do, unless they are elderly. I spoke with someone with the county, and they had mentioned that the powers that be only wish to fund items for seniors and baseball fields.

I used to go to the Deer Lick Park miniature golf course on occasion. I went there more recently, after not going for a couple of years, to find that it is in a horrible state. The "grass" has been torn up, wood is rotted, rope has been cut, holes have been filled with debris, people have used it to let their dogs do their business on.

The mall has very little in it that is interesting. The only festival here is geared to a small group of the population. The skating rink has been a place for drug dealers since the late 90's.

If you don't give people things to do (especially young people), they will find things to do. Unfortunately, this usually means drugs and vandalism.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#127 Feb 7, 2013
It's gas. How do you change it for the better? For starters, you start looking at natural resources.
"WE THE PEOPLE"
Truthiness

New York, NY

#128 Feb 7, 2013
taxpayer 112 wrote:
Douglasville / Douglas County. How do you change it for the better?
Well in my opinion the best way to help the county is to remove the BOC chairman & his tax & spend mentality.
This 2011 post by taxwhiner/tomlover 112 was rejected by the voters in 2012 when they relected Tom Worthan and every commissioner that was on the ballot.

Yet here he is again in 2013 whining/loving the same topic - I guess he forgot to log in:
Taxpayer 112 wrote:
<quoted text>
First off I can't speak for any thing about the city.
But as I have said before as it relates to DC. All of your ideas are very good & especially about recall. It seams that TW never comes up with a tax increase until AFTER his election. IMO there is only two reasons that someone would vote him back in (and I don't care who is running against him)is if they WANT higher taxes or they profit from him being in office, I could go on on but thats my opinion.
There is a third option - people want the government services that the Board of Commissioners are giving them.

For some reason taxwhiner/tomlover can't figure it out. Now just 3 months after the election he wants to spend more tax money on another election. Then he states that he does not care who runs against TW - I guess he would vote for a spread-the-wealth democrat over TW.

taxwhiner/tomlover 112's own post show that he really doesn't care about the tax money, he only cares about Tom Worthan.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#129 Feb 7, 2013
This was my home for many years so this is my honest feedback

1. You build a walkable city. You have it downtown. You did great in arbor station, recently, but you have not taken this far enough.

2. You look for natural resources. You have them. You are wasting them.

3. You show that innovation really does work and matters, not empty words.

4. The leaders should not show up at our doors only when seeking a vote.

5. You look for problems. You stop sweeping them under the rug. Under every problem is an answer, even in gitmo. Sorry, had to throw that in.

6. You blend the old and the new.
Taxpayer 112

Douglasville, GA

#130 Feb 9, 2013
Well I see TW's new high dollar doggy director that he (TW) searched the entire country for is already in trouble & making t/v headlines for DC.
Hell TW even had to to an interview to defend him & once again he (TW) compared DC to counties twice the size of DC so he could defend his actions.
Just got to spend them taxpayer dollars, & of course we don't have time to do a background check just spend.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/276634/40...
Steve y2

Douglasville, GA

#131 Feb 10, 2013
Really, isnt it ashamed, the tallest building in DC is the jail. Now the police and sherrif will be throwing more and m ore people in jail and throwing away the key. Law enforcement officers here have onky one goal :lock up as many people as they can , guilty or instant.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#132 Feb 12, 2013
To answer the question at hand , the only way to change DC for the better is to get rid of TW with his tax & spend mentality.
You can't get out of a hole unless you stop digging or just collect more taxes from the residents that is.
taxpayer 113

Douglasville, GA

#133 Feb 12, 2013
Please - lets get new blood into the elected offices in Douglas County.

112 is right!

TW is the only politician in history to spend tax money.

As soon as we get rid of TW then everything will be perfect.

Close the courthouse. Close the jail. Close the parks and that money pit pool. Close the libraries. Close the landfill. Get rid of the Sheriff's Office. Get rid of the Fire Department. Get rid of the judicial system workers. Get rid of the District Attorney's Office. Get rid of the WSA. Sell the road equipment. Sell the van pool vans. Sell all county vehicles. Sell all county buildings. Sell all county land.

Well, except for the Animal Shelter - those poor animals need care.

After we close/get-rid-of/sell everything we can shut down the Board of Commissioners and then TW can never come back.

It is a brilliant plan.

Who is with me?
Taxpayer112

Douglasville, GA

#134 Feb 13, 2013
Such stupidity does not even deserve a response. Talk about a confused mind. WOW !!!!!
Truthiness

New York, NY

#135 Feb 13, 2013
Taxpayer112 wrote:
Such stupidity does not even deserve a response. Talk about a confused mind. WOW !!!!!
Yet you did respond.

taxpayer 113's post is no less ridiculous than any taxpayer 112 post, but at least 113's follow logic - in order to lower county spending, county services must be cut. It is taxpayer 112's posts that are the ranting of a "confused mind".

Unfortunately for either "taxpayer" the county's voters do not agree with taxpayer 113 plan - they keep re-electing the commissioners that keep providing the services that the voters want - TW or no TW.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#136 Feb 13, 2013
O me there is 113 posting with his second ID, same bs just his other screen name.
I guess all the services he listed must keep going each year so TW can keep using the same line of bs. Maybe we are just paying them/him to much to start with, ya think duh!!!!.

Services , bs we have the same services as any other county & some less. But we do spend 45% on his pet project (public safety).

If DC is all that bad (new $114 Million jail with SPLOTH ) then what is really being done with the 45%. Call an ambulance to your home & see if that is free. Or see if you get free trash pick up, I don't. Or how about the WSA must be free where you are I have to pay a bill.
Can't sell the road equip. as we just leased new & now we are taking bids to see if DC can save any money by NOT using new equip.

Yes he is sure right we need to stop all those FREE services we getting.
Truthiness

New York, NY

#137 Feb 13, 2013
Taxwhiner 112 - can you do me a favor?

Try to make one post where you do not mention Tom Worthan.

It will go a long way toward your credibility.

I thought that you would be on board with taxpayer 113, he is offering a plan that would eliminate the reasons for your tax bill from the county. He did forget about closing the schools though - that is a large part of the tax bill for most people in DC. You never seem to whine about school taxes so I guess you are over the age limit for paying it - except those pesky E-SPLOSTs though.

Again with the whining about things that the taxpayers actually approved via a vote that all citizens could participate in. News flash to you - it passed. Besides, I thought all you anti-county government types blamed the Sheriff for the Jail not your boyfriend TW.

Which brings us to a new thought in your brain: the word "free" - it must have been the word of the day on Sesame Street. Who said anything was free? Everything has a cost that we all pay for either by buying an item, buying something that sponsors something (i.e. beer=televised sports) or by our tax dollars. Only stupid people and people that pay no taxes think that government provided services come without a cost.

By the way, it is just me here telling the Truth. Your legions of fans are your problem. You can keep posting your nonsense and I will keep pointing out you how wrong you are.

Maybe I will help you be less "confused".
Bread and Circuses

Douglasville, GA

#138 Feb 13, 2013
Whoo-hoo!

Two of my favorite folks together in this thread - the tax guy and former resident.

Those two are like two peas in a pod - for providing me with entertainment.

Keep it up!
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#139 Feb 13, 2013
This is my idea of how to improve Douglas County. Douglas County needs to make a deal to swap counties with a county in Alabama.
Face it Douglas County has passed the point of no return.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#140 Feb 13, 2013
okay bread and circus you want entertainment...
look at the dc planning notes for 2011 and 2012. There are five months of notes in our open transparent government. I thought there were 24 months in two years. Silly me.

Since: Feb 08

Douglasville, Georgia

#141 Feb 13, 2013
formerresident wrote:
This was my home for many years so this is my honest feedback
1. You build a walkable city. You have it downtown. You did great in arbor station, recently, but you have not taken this far enough.
2. You look for natural resources. You have them. You are wasting them.
3. You show that innovation really does work and matters, not empty words.
4. The leaders should not show up at our doors only when seeking a vote.
5. You look for problems. You stop sweeping them under the rug. Under every problem is an answer, even in gitmo. Sorry, had to throw that in.
6. You blend the old and the new.
You mentioned that "we the people" is a resource. What are some of the other resources Douglasville is wasting in your opinion?.....and How would you blend the old and the new?
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#142 Feb 13, 2013
We and that included me, are very ignorant about our water supply. We take water for granted. Had I not ever experienced this mess in my own backyard, I would be included in that ignorance. If we don't protect it, it is not going to be here.

There are many people who have some great ideas. I have heard them for many years but do not go forward and get involved because we don't really have systems for them to even though we think we do. I would really make a concerted effort to involve people, outside of places where they have to speak publicly in front of a microphone. It can be intimidating to attend a city meeting, and speak about an issue with the council sitting high up on chairs.

We mapped out the city wrong, and we have wasted key land for quick dollars.
I would integrate residential and commercial property better. It would help police manage crime. It would reduce traffic. One such place is Creekwood. The other might be where that log cabin is placed. I haven't studied it, but it just seems like it could be better managed area.

Everybody has a story, a unique story, uniquely their own. I would set up systems to get these stories, because I think if done right, you could generate some economic recovery.

There are many folks struggling today to earn money. Many laid off from jobs, told to find other jobs, which there is a shortage of. Many living on unemployment, which we keep extending. There are some who are selling stuff they make for extra pennies. If the leadership helped some of them market, which the government has resources to do, I think all would benefit. The government would collect more tax and the people would sell more product.

We throw away old people, like they don't matter once reaching a certain age, yet old people have so much to offer young people, and if we systemized some partnerships I think all would benefit. Maybe parties.

We throw away children who don't fit into the box. More and more are dropping out of schools because they aren't learning the same way. I would increase the alternative education system options.

I have lived all over this country, and I am sad to say, that Georgia is the only place where I have met more people who had no idea how to read. I didn't attend school in Georgia, so I don't understand why that is, but it is very sad to me.

Blend old and new? Create walking biking trails and go green. Planning. Three years down, I bought the perfect land, or not so perfect land as the key place to start. I think if you bought about five homes, and removed them, you would have made a huge difference in integrating residential and commercial property.You would be able to create a walking trail through most of the city and county.
Just a few ideas. Sorry for the essay.
Stoner

Douglasville, GA

#143 Feb 13, 2013
formerresident wrote:
We and that included me, are very ignorant about our water supply. We take water for granted. Had I not ever experienced this mess in my own backyard, I would be included in that ignorance. If we don't protect it, it is not going to be here.
There are many people who have some great ideas. I have heard them for many years but do not go forward and get involved because we don't really have systems for them to even though we think we do. I would really make a concerted effort to involve people, outside of places where they have to speak publicly in front of a microphone. It can be intimidating to attend a city meeting, and speak about an issue with the council sitting high up on chairs.
We mapped out the city wrong, and we have wasted key land for quick dollars.
I would integrate residential and commercial property better. It would help police manage crime. It would reduce traffic. One such place is Creekwood. The other might be where that log cabin is placed. I haven't studied it, but it just seems like it could be better managed area.
Everybody has a story, a unique story, uniquely their own. I would set up systems to get these stories, because I think if done right, you could generate some economic recovery.
There are many folks struggling today to earn money. Many laid off from jobs, told to find other jobs, which there is a shortage of. Many living on unemployment, which we keep extending. There are some who are selling stuff they make for extra pennies. If the leadership helped some of them market, which the government has resources to do, I think all would benefit. The government would collect more tax and the people would sell more product.
We throw away old people, like they don't matter once reaching a certain age, yet old people have so much to offer young people, and if we systemized some partnerships I think all would benefit. Maybe parties.
We throw away children who don't fit into the box. More and more are dropping out of schools because they aren't learning the same way. I would increase the alternative education system options.
I have lived all over this country, and I am sad to say, that Georgia is the only place where I have met more people who had no idea how to read. I didn't attend school in Georgia, so I don't understand why that is, but it is very sad to me.
Blend old and new? Create walking biking trails and go green. Planning. Three years down, I bought the perfect land, or not so perfect land as the key place to start. I think if you bought about five homes, and removed them, you would have made a huge difference in integrating residential and commercial property.You would be able to create a walking trail through most of the city and county.
Just a few ideas. Sorry for the essay.
Smoke a lot of weed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min Synergy 56,871
Douglasville Doesn't Care About Public Safety 5 hr well 9
Coupons/Sale for Six Flags Fright Fest? 10 hr Blurpo 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Tue tammy101 2,072
LA Fitness ... The New Golds Gym? (May '09) Tue XTC 177
where do they work Tue XTC 12
Loud Concert All Weekend Tue Midas 5

Powder Springs News Video

Powder Springs Dating
Find my Match

Powder Springs Jobs

Powder Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Powder Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Powder Springs

Personal Finance