First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BOB

Carrollton, GA

#21 Mar 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
This is a legitimate question. Why do people go to pain management clinics instead of their primary care phisicians? They both write perscriptions. Just curious.
Pain management is for long term. Primary physicians help you through short periods of time with pain.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#22 Mar 21, 2013
BOB wrote:
<quoted text>
Pain management is for long term. Primary physicians help you through short periods of time with pain.
Ahhhhh. Thanks.
in pain

Marietta, GA

#23 Mar 31, 2014
Synergy wrote:
This is a legitimate question. Why do people go to pain management clinics instead of their primary care phisicians? They both write perscriptions. Just curious.
regular doctors are reluctant to write pain medications and really leave it to the pain management doctors. Some of the reason for this is they deal with illness and common medical issues. Another reason is with all the people who mis use the medication for pain, they have made it highly regulated and leave these types of pain medications to the anesthesiologists. I resent all those who take medications for fun or improperly...it makes it difficult for those chronic pain patients to get proper care for real painful conditions for which this medication taken properly helps to make them able to have more quality of life.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#24 Mar 31, 2014
in pain wrote:
<quoted text>
regular doctors are reluctant to write pain medications and really leave it to the pain management doctors. Some of the reason for this is they deal with illness and common medical issues. Another reason is with all the people who mis use the medication for pain, they have made it highly regulated and leave these types of pain medications to the anesthesiologists. I resent all those who take medications for fun or improperly...it makes it difficult for those chronic pain patients to get proper care for real painful conditions for which this medication taken properly helps to make them able to have more quality of life.
Thanks for clearing that up. So, the pain management docs are all anesthesiologists?
If some of the pain management docs are regular MD's, what would be the advantage for a doc to choose to be a pain doc instead of a primary care doc?
XTC

Douglasville, GA

#25 Mar 31, 2014
Careful wrote:
Be careful what you write, or he will be the one suing you.
<quoted text>
He can't sue you unless he gets a court order for Topix to release your IP number. The courts rarely do that unless its blatant slander, furthermore he doesn't want to get the legal system involved.
Perhaps this post will alert the Atlanta authorities to look into his prescription records.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How come we didn't get no sno 23 min Equality 5
Police cars on Pressley Mill 15 hr real deal 3
Wreck off of Capps Ferry Rd this morning. 2-23-15 20 hr Fireman 12
Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13) Fri Wade Wilson 16
Will there be school for Douglas county tomorrow (Sep '09) Thu Destiny 31
Education is a wonderful thing ? Thu Suckaduck 4
what celebs live in douglasville? (Sep '09) Thu My Bad 64

Powder Springs News Video

Powder Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Powder Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:05 am PST

NFL11:05AM
Atlanta Falcons release veteran guard Justin Blalock
Bleacher Report11:26 AM
Bears, Steelers Among Top Spots for FA RB Jackson
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons