Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

whyus wrote:
I'm sorry you lost your job, as an employer you might want to try to improve your skills in spelling and how to form a sentence. This reflects how much education you have or lack. When I was hiring I gave basic skills tests to over 100 applicates, all were from DC. I had to hire outside the county in order to get 5 people who could pass the basic skills test.
Well thank you. Thank you for pointing it out to me, about my spelling and my sentence's too. Sometimes i can write like crazy and won't see it. But I can get a friend to help me out on my spelling and my sentence's too. We have put applicates all over Douglas county. But i guess we have to go to another county to fill some applicates out. But thank you for letting me know.
whyus

Winder, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

If you don't care about where you work or the type of work go apply at a temp agency. They are a true benchmark of the job market.
someone who cares

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

whyus wrote:
If you don't care about where you work or the type of work go apply at a temp agency. They are a true benchmark of the job market.
Well that's true abouth the temp agency. My husband put in lot's and lot's of applicants to the temp agency and never calls us back. But i told my husband, we have to keep on calling them untill we get the job or go on the interent and find a job. Thank you for the advice!!
Belinda

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Judged:

someone who cares wrote:
<quoted text>Well that's true abouth the temp agency. My husband put in lot's and lot's of applicants to the temp agency and never calls us back. But i told my husband, we have to keep on calling them untill we get the job or go on the interent and find a job. Thank you for the advice!!
I'll get on the bandwagon.... It is APLICATIONS.
someone who cares

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Belinda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it's the APLICATIONS. So many jobs are laying off, it's hard to find a job this days. My husband went to his old jobs and they are not hiring right now. But his old jobs said they keep him in mind, i hope so. It sucks big time!!!!
Going Going Gone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Judged:

Belinda wrote:
<quoted text>
I will too, its APPLICATIONS Belinda ...oh me Douglasville - At least be correct when YOU correct someone. I think I am going to scream.
Belinda

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Going Going Gone wrote:
<quoted text> I will too, its APPLICATIONS Belinda ...oh me Douglasville - At least be correct when YOU correct someone. I think I am going to scream.
Point taken.
unconcerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

Judged:

Kim wrote:
I am new to the area and having a VERY difficult time finding work. I have filled out applications for businesses that say they are hiring until my fingers are falling off. No one will call me back even for an interview. I need to work NOW not three weeks from now.
I have never had such a difficult time finding work, ANY work in my life. What gives? I am 38 and have over 20 years experience working with the public in several different vocations which include but are not limited to veterinary medicine, food service industry,and construction.
If anyone can provide me with any leads to work that starts right away and is legally and morally acceptable, I would be ever so grateful. I am a hard worker, responsible, punctual, drug free and a quick learner with my own transportation. I have a resume and references available. My email is scubafort@yahoo.com.
I need to stay in the Douglasville area as I am trying to support elderly parents with health concerns that were displaced by hurricane Rita.
Hoping for some Southern Hospitality.
Thanks in advance,
Kim
get on welfare like every other living breathing citizen in douglasville is ON, then you wont NEED a job
not on welfare

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

unconcerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
get on welfare like every other living breathing citizen in douglasville is ON, then you wont NEED a job
Then my husband and I must not be living and breathing. For that matter than neither are my sons and their spouses because none of us are on welfare and we live in Douglasville.
Tru Dat

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Judged:

I would suggest leaving.
jeremy hale

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Judged:

Say's something about our education system in goergia. Kids are getting dumber and we are spending more for less. What is wrong with that .
major sgt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Kim wrote:
I am new to the area and having a VERY difficult time finding work. I have filled out applications for businesses that say they are hiring until my fingers are falling off. No one will call me back even for an interview. I need to work NOW not three weeks from now.
I have never had such a difficult time finding work, ANY work in my life. What gives? I am 38 and have over 20 years experience working with the public in several different vocations which include but are not limited to veterinary medicine, food service industry,and construction.
If anyone can provide me with any leads to work that starts right away and is legally and morally acceptable, I would be ever so grateful. I am a hard worker, responsible, punctual, drug free and a quick learner with my own transportation. I have a resume and references available. My email is scubafort@yahoo.com.
I need to stay in the Douglasville area as I am trying to support elderly parents with health concerns that were displaced by hurricane Rita.
Hoping for some Southern Hospitality.
Thanks in advance,
Kim
check the city of douglasville,They are always on the patrol for another police to work I-20.Do you know what a mexican in a car with tinted windows looks like? YOUR HIRED
major sgt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

we had a welcome wagon but it was impounded on I-20 when it got pulled over by the police and it didnt have any drugs.
major sgt

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

the county might be able to use you as a witness if you can place yourself anywhere around the accident with dep.black.Prehaps you were walking down the road as he came around the corner and witnessed him almost hit you and run off in the ditch.ANYTHING to keep him right of the center line
major sgt

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

not on welfare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then my husband and I must not be living and breathing. For that matter than neither are my sons and their spouses because none of us are on welfare and we live in Douglasville.
its very simple to do, just a few pages of paperwork and you can get your check in the mail.
major sgt

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

Judged:

I have everyone in my immediate family, extended family and 3 of my neighbors on HUD, and welfare.We stays in mirror lake.
Whatthe

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

Judged:

Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
Job tip, you say it well!! And you told it like it is. Yes we are the same old south we always have been. We hate and we go to church on Sunday because the bible tells us so. we had the kkk way back then but now we got our church that teach us to hate. Instead of teaching Love Thou Neighbor, they teach us to Hate Thou Neighbor. They teach us to forgive the crooked politicians and condemn the low man on the totem pole. As a southerner, I'm ashamed of a lot of people that represent the south.May God Bless!
I don't know WHERE YOU go to church, but my church doesn't teach hate. If you attend that type of church, you shoud go elsewhere. Blanket statements such as yours are ridiculous and positively not true.
neighbor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Judged:

douglas county does not WANT you to work here.They want you to spend your money here, pay your taxes yet work in atlanta.They have no industry amount to anything, and thats the way they LIKE it..ITs nice not to have do anything for the tax money they receive.I would suggest you MOVE out of douglas county.DONT go to carroll county either, they are WORSE.
Events Unlimited

Lucedale, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

Meeting Room for church services or Small activity events
Hi,
We have a meeting room with capacity of 72 in Lithia Springs, Ga. clsoe to douglasville and carrollton ga.
send email to eventsnotears@yahoo.com if you are interested in leasing. price is very reasonable.
ANON

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

neighbor wrote:
douglas county does not WANT you to work here.They want you to spend your money here, pay your taxes yet work in atlanta.They have no industry amount to anything, and thats the way they LIKE it..ITs nice not to have do anything for the tax money they receive.I would suggest you MOVE out of douglas county.DONT go to carroll county either, they are WORSE.
Could you be any more uninformed?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of57
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Powder Springs Discussions

Search the Powder Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 56 min rename 39,422
Douglas School System 6 hr Poppa 3
Pennsylvania school stabbing, 6 hr Conchilla 30
Christian metal reaching out, touching new souls (Apr '07) 6 hr Conchilla 5
best survey sites to earn extra money 6 hr Stay at home mom 1
Hey Bud 13 hr Conchilla 80
Students Pepper Spray Dozens of Classmates, For... 22 hr Dville Man 3
•••
•••

Powder Springs News Video

•••
•••

Powder Springs Jobs