joyland

Douglasville, GA

#41 May 17, 2013
dville resident wrote:
DA David McDade,sheriff Miller and Dr.Kay are all mixed together in illegal shit! It is no surprise the DA is being investigated...... its just ashame that he isnt on tial! I loved the look on his face when dale russel pounded him with all the questions or what abput the thank you letter for dale russel "bringing all of this to his attention"!!!!!! Are you kidding me Mcdade?!?!? You are the district attorney and you are paid to investigate criminal cases and you cant even detect a problem in your own office!?!?!?!?!? Wow thats GREAT!!!!!!! Dade, Miller and Kay need to be behind bars! They are worthless!
McDade is not going to investigate his mistress. Everybody knows that she has all kinds of things to hold over his head.

“I know, right!”

Since: Nov 08

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#42 May 17, 2013
I'm not too familiar with McDade, which is a good think I guess, but when you mention Phil Miller, my feathers tend to get ruffled.

Douglas County is very fortunate to have Phil Miller as our Sheriff. Have you read his resume? He has an astounding track record. I was very happy to read that his son is following his footsteps.

This county has experienced huge changes over the years, and Phil Miller has done a wonderful job of keeping up with the times doing his best to keep the thugs out of this county.
Wake Up Douglas County

Ellijay, GA

#43 May 17, 2013
Just another crooked politician abusing the system to his and his stooges advantage. Using money for their personal gain which instead should be used for drug treatment programs for those who have problems turning away from drug abuse. How many people has he prosecuted to the fullest when they claim that the crime they are being charged with was just a mistake. Yet he claims mistake and is willing to reimburse and everything should be forgotten. Two systems of justice. One for us and one for government workers. Sad day for America and Douglas County.
Dville resident

Cartersville, GA

#44 May 19, 2013
Kindred Spirit wrote:
I'm not too familiar with McDade, which is a good think I guess, but when you mention Phil Miller, my feathers tend to get ruffled.
Douglas County is very fortunate to have Phil Miller as our Sheriff. Have you read his resume? He has an astounding track record. I was very happy to read that his son is following his footsteps.
This county has experienced huge changes over the years, and Phil Miller has done a wonderful job of keeping up with the times doing his best to keep the thugs out of this county.
your feathers get ruffled when people talk about Phil miller????? Lol you have got to be as corrupt as he is then! Phil miller tells his sheriffs deputies and I quote "the only difference between you and the inmates is they got caught and you didn't" wow that's great!!!!! Phil miller is a worthless sheriff. Let me prove my point by saying.......... David McDade paid his mistress over $80,000 a yr and Dale Russell brought that to his attention correct???? Ok let's set back and see if your wonderful sheriff gets the GBI involved like he should.......... I bet he doesn't and do you know why he will not?? That's easy.... Bc he is in on it also! Just wait and see.......... Phil, McDade and Kay are really close and if one is involved in something the other two are close by.
Beth

Atlanta, GA

#46 May 20, 2013
I taught Sherrif Miller. He was one of the smartest students I've ever taught. He could have gone into any profession he wanted, but he chose public service. I am proud of him. I don't believe he would ever do anything wrong or hurt anyone on purpose. He is honorable and was a good kid who never lied, hurt others, or put himself above others.

Since: Jul 07

Douglasville

#47 May 20, 2013
just watched channels 2 report on McDade and his "office" manager and her family. WOW...nice to know that we paid them all well, and she has a car that she is able to drive even though she lives 8 miles from the courthouse. Great job if you can get it!
Earl

Tucker, GA

#49 May 21, 2013
Just watched this. Fox 5 ran a follow up

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/22303742/do...

Douglasville

#50 May 21, 2013
I love when people do stupid stuff and think they can get away with it! You may get away with it for a while, but it will catch up to you sooner or later

Since: May 12

Atlanta, GA

#51 May 21, 2013
Who is supposedly the mistress? Tammy Agan?

Since: May 12

Atlanta, GA

#52 May 21, 2013
Mugsy wrote:
I love when people do stupid stuff and think they can get away with it! You may get away with it for a while, but it will catch up to you sooner or later
But, we still keep voting for him, so yes, he will get away with this too.

Douglasville

#53 May 21, 2013
I think when the last mayor proved to be so corrupted it brought attention to Douglasville and the old regime. We are watching the fall of the good ol' boy network right before our eyes
Biscuit Seahorse

Douglasville, GA

#54 May 21, 2013
It is appalling that our city and county don't have some very strong rules about how drug money is handled. First of all, what is the prosecutor's office doing with any drug money at all? I can see the need to buy equipment and vehicles for our police and sheriff's employees, but the prosecutor? Since when is this O.K.?
There is a fox in the henhouse over here. Good work, Fox5. You are to be commended. But you need to go a lot farther for us if you can.
In the meantime, the people who need the benefit of the drug money, other than law enforcement (but not the prosecutors) are the drug addicts and users. ALL of the money needs to go to help people who have fallen into this evil trap. I don't have any problem with the police and deputies getting equipment they need, vests, weapons, electronic surveillance equipment, labor money to help stop and capture people involved in these crimes. But we need to prevent the drug problems as much as can be done, not throw money at fat cats with big egos. McDade should be very ashamed and come clean over this. It is required of him. He is trying to lie and intimidate his way out of this. Don't let him.
Brittany

Douglasville, GA

#57 May 22, 2013
Do you know who the investigator is over the Mcdade case ?
Biscuit Seahorse wrote:
It is appalling that our city and county don't have some very strong rules about how drug money is handled. First of all, what is the prosecutor's office doing with any drug money at all? I can see the need to buy equipment and vehicles for our police and sheriff's employees, but the prosecutor? Since when is this O.K.?
There is a fox in the henhouse over here. Good work, Fox5. You are to be commended. But you need to go a lot farther for us if you can.
In the meantime, the people who need the benefit of the drug money, other than law enforcement (but not the prosecutors) are the drug addicts and users. ALL of the money needs to go to help people who have fallen into this evil trap. I don't have any problem with the police and deputies getting equipment they need, vests, weapons, electronic surveillance equipment, labor money to help stop and capture people involved in these crimes. But we need to prevent the drug problems as much as can be done, not throw money at fat cats with big egos. McDade should be very ashamed and come clean over this. It is required of him. He is trying to lie and intimidate his way out of this. Don't let him.
Biscuit Seahorse

Douglasville, GA

#59 May 22, 2013
No, Brittany, I don't know if there even is an investigator other than the whistle blowers over at Fox 5 News. The Commissioners can't reasonably take part in investigating McDade because several of them are McDade's closest friends.
Prosecutors such as McDade are often more powerful than all the judges, lawyers, detectives and juries involved in cases involving criminal wrongdoing. What we have here is someone so powerful that he can run off with the drug money that law enforcement is collecting in its investigations.
Who is to stop him? Are our law enforcement people simply working for the prosecutor's office? In that case, McDade is the chief employer of everyone in the Judicial System here. Hey, folks, wake up! This guy is now exposed as being on the take. What are we going to do about it?

McDade's smokescreen about being there for the victims and their families is a very blatant marketing ploy designed to keep people looking in the wrong direction. We do need victim advocates, but we don't need crooks who take advantage of being in the victim advocate business.
Earl

Atlanta, GA

#60 May 22, 2013
Interesting article in the Pickens County newpaper.

http://www.pickensprogressonline.com/index.ph...

According to Lee Mc Grath, Legislative Counsel for the Institute for Justice, a Virginia-based property rights group with libertarian roots, Georgia is the poster child for civic forfeiture gone wild. McGrath said Georgia’s law is “one of the five worst in the nation, and the very worst in the South.” He believes Willard has not gone far enough to protect citizens.
McGrath would like to see Georgia adopt a North Carolina-style law which meets the “fundamental criteria” of requiring that all seizures be accompanied by a conviction and that all monies seized go into the state’s General fund. Noteworthy is that fact that Georgia’s Constitution prohibits the ‘ear marking’ of such funds and, in tight budget years, they usually go to continue basic (and often un-related) services.
dr zeus

Douglasville, GA

#63 May 22, 2013
Earl wrote:
Interesting article in the Pickens County newpaper.
http://www.pickensprogressonline.com/index.ph...
According to Lee Mc Grath, Legislative Counsel for the Institute for Justice, a Virginia-based property rights group with libertarian roots, Georgia is the poster child for civic forfeiture gone wild. McGrath said Georgia’s law is “one of the five worst in the nation, and the very worst in the South.” He believes Willard has not gone far enough to protect citizens.
McGrath would like to see Georgia adopt a North Carolina-style law which meets the “fundamental criteria” of requiring that all seizures be accompanied by a conviction and that all monies seized go into the state’s General fund. Noteworthy is that fact that Georgia’s Constitution prohibits the ‘ear marking’ of such funds and, in tight budget years, they usually go to continue basic (and often un-related) services.
that's what happend to social security. instead of being used for it's special purpose it got lumped in the general fund. that didn't work out.
Running

Covington, GA

#64 May 22, 2013
Using seized money for drug rehab...

Remember that drug addicts have chosen to snort, smoke, shoot, drink, etc. everything they can get their hands own for years. They are in major denial, they almost always blame others, they lie, they would steal from their own grandpa to get their hands on what they need, some would kill for it, they play the ultimate victim, they cannot tolerate a simple emotion that makes them feel bad, lonely, or bored for more than 3 seconds, and they are excellent at denial and playing along with the system to get out of rehab and back on drugs. Their families, and their families, and third generation families suffer. Drug abuse is linked to and is the main cause of all types of crimes. Treat the poor drug abuser? Are you kidding me! What a waste of time and resources. Better to help their children to cope through programs targeted to put the drug abuser and his sources away for a long time.
It was their choice; no one forced them to do it. And drug rehab programs, regardless of the type, are woefully inadequate. Private resort type programs often do not let outsiders in to investigate their methods or success rates and public facilities and programs spend their money on services instead of research. Both have many "patrons" who go right back out and use, drink again. I say stop spending any money on these losers. Seized drug money should go to help the children of these abusers and should continue to be spent on any and everything to get these creeps away from society.....yes, even if they are 18 years old.
Earl

Atlanta, GA

#65 May 22, 2013
While the North Carolina law does seem too centralized and non descript in how it will use the funds, the article does point out the problems of how the Georgia seizure allowances are too broad. It's plausible to imagine the over reach of how a person's money and property can be seized in Georgia without being convicted in the crime that caused the seizure. Another interesting point is each County government must report to the State on how the money is being used. Whatever the close political/friend relationship that McDade has with several commissioners, the Board of Commissioners is ultimately responsible for the audit report. It really all boils down to what Georgia law allows. I know this sounds pessimistic, but I would imagine that a large number of DA's and law enforcement people around the state would take advantage of this seizure law in any way they could. Pushing boundaries is the American way once you have had a little taste of power. Especially a lawyer/politician who has had two decades worth of the taste. Money and power is the name of the game, while the average voting public has no clue of what is going on. The north Georgia conference story with the timeline of the visit to the Mexican restaurant during the "one hour" seminar is just over the top. You see things on the national level and think things are bad, just look around Douglas County. A buffet of political deception. Take your pick from a former Mayor paying himself for a twenty minute phone call to a DA and his entourage living it up at a north Georgia mountain resort and spa.
too short

Villa Rica, GA

#66 May 22, 2013
Looks as though after tonights Fox5 story, the Agans will be under the microscope with McDade.
mothers finest

Crossville, TN

#67 May 22, 2013
The Howards, Tammy and Wendys family should be investigated also....never know what they would find going back many, many years, they really know how to move the bucks around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smore BBQ closed 7 hr JohnGrady 5
Sex Scandal at Douglas County High Sch???? 15 hr Sortof 5
Douglasville PD: Here's How to Become Car Break... Thu Grob Hahn 1
I'm the Chief of Police Thu Steroids 37
President Obama Best President since Kennedy Thu Anon 74
cactus car wash Thu TipThem 3
Persons and Womack responsible for robbery and ... Thu NoDebateCauseYour... 23

Powder Springs News Video

Powder Springs Dating
Find my Match