Do you as residents of DC want higher...

Do you as residents of DC want higher Taxes now ?

Created by taxpayer 112 on Jan 5, 2013

214 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#63 Jan 31, 2013
Taxpayer, do you have any idea how many homes in this county went into foreclosure due to water problems? The number of subdivisions, blamed on economy, shoddy builders, but actually due to where they are placed?
You should look at this. It is an eyeopener. The taxpayers are paying a heavy price, and I know you are concerned about taxes, and money spent wisely.

“I am a taxpayer”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#64 Jan 31, 2013
This is the only part of (it's) post that I will address as the rest of it like all it's posts is nothing but bs & childish crap.

"Do you understand what the tax is about and why the ENTIRE Board of Commissioners voted in favor of this"?

Like all the educated residents in this county already know, no mater what tax is put on mfg. or on any business it will just be passed on to them. The state saw fit to eliminate it. And yes TW gave a reason, it would take some tax burden off of the property owners. Stop SPENDING will take the tax burden off of the property owners.
O yes the hotel motel tax was raised by 3% also, more money TW can spend on parks & trail.

Some more info for the uneducated in this group.

"the ENTIRE Board of Commissioners voted in favor"

Let me give you a little insight as to how the
" ENTIRE Board of Commissioners vote" works.
There is only five(5)on the board. Now him (TW)& his in his pocket co-chair big M are 2 of the five vote, now for those that can't add it only takes one (1) more to pass ANYTHING.
Now comes the old DC two step, you give me something for my district & you got my vote, 3 votes, duh it passed, duh.
How do you think the new budget (that raised property owners assessments)got passed. Vote 3-2 in favor, duh !!!!!

You take the office, you take the heat. If you can't it, get out of the kitchen.
Tow Mater

Atlanta, GA

#65 Jan 31, 2013
Tow Mater wrote:
If I wanted to buy a brand new wrecker, how much should I expect to pay?
I'm thinking Galaxy.
I'm asking you "taxpayer 112"
Galactic Nacho

Douglasville, GA

#66 Jan 31, 2013
formerresident wrote:
Taxpayer, do you have any idea how many homes in this county went into foreclosure due to water problems? The number of subdivisions, blamed on economy, shoddy builders, but actually due to where they are placed?
You should look at this. It is an eyeopener. The taxpayers are paying a heavy price, and I know you are concerned about taxes, and money spent wisely.
How many homes?

Nacho isn't from around here but when the man says you wanna buy some bueno property in the everglades he knows to hide his wallet.
The Dude

Douglasville, GA

#67 Jan 31, 2013
taxpayer 112 wrote:
This is the only part of (it's) post that I will address as the rest of it like all it's posts is nothing but bs & childish crap.
"Do you understand what the tax is about and why the ENTIRE Board of Commissioners voted in favor of this"?
Like all the educated residents in this county already know, no mater what tax is put on mfg. or on any business it will just be passed on to them. The state saw fit to eliminate it. And yes TW gave a reason, it would take some tax burden off of the property owners. Stop SPENDING will take the tax burden off of the property owners.
O yes the hotel motel tax was raised by 3% also, more money TW can spend on parks & trail.
Some more info for the uneducated in this group.
"the ENTIRE Board of Commissioners voted in favor"
Let me give you a little insight as to how the
" ENTIRE Board of Commissioners vote" works.
There is only five(5)on the board. Now him (TW)& his in his pocket co-chair big M are 2 of the five vote, now for those that can't add it only takes one (1) more to pass ANYTHING.
Now comes the old DC two step, you give me something for my district & you got my vote, 3 votes, duh it passed, duh.
How do you think the new budget (that raised property owners assessments)got passed. Vote 3-2 in favor, duh !!!!!
You take the office, you take the heat. If you can't it, get out of the kitchen.
You are a colossal idiot.

When the BoC votes 5-0 for (or against) something you find fault and then compare it to voting 3-2 claiming improper collusion. What happened - did you forget to point out how a 4-1 vote is wrong too?

I guess that you would only be happy if you were the Douglas County dictator.

I am beginning to think that these folks that keep teasing you about having a thing for the Chairman are actually correct in their assesment. As I can see no other logical explaination for your focus on TW and what he does.

50.00001% to 49.99999
5 to 0
3 to 2
Even 4 to 1

If you are on the winning side of these votes it passes, that is how American governments work.

Get over it and pay your taxes.
Truthiness

United States

#68 Feb 1, 2013
taxpayer 112 wrote:
That is really funny since ALL of your posts are "bs & childish crap". Your latest is more proof.

It is obvious that Tom has not seen your display of affection for him on here on Topix. You will need to try a different approach.

“I am a taxpayer”

Location hidden

#69 Feb 1, 2013
Tow Mater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm asking you "taxpayer 112"
I don't know what the hell you are talking about but if it were me, I would call what even a Galaxy company is. Perhaps they can help you .

“I am a taxpayer”

Location hidden

#70 Feb 1, 2013
Its sure is amazing how many screen names one unformed voter can have on this site. But I guess that come from being a TW lover.

As far as paying taxes is concerned , if you will just pay mine I will leave the site to you & TW. Now you will need to do this each year he is in office as they will surely go up each year.
Truthiness

United States

#71 Feb 1, 2013
taxpayer 112 wrote:
I will leave the site to you
PLEASE - please leave Topix.

Your pointless posts b!tch!ng about TW this and TW that are getting boring. You had a few points about the T-splost but your TW obsession is getting old.

Hey - I will make you a deal; if you (and your alter-ego Just me 114) quit posting about Tom - specifically - I will quit pointing out the lack of logic in your posts.

Deal?
Bread and Circuses

Douglasville, GA

#72 Feb 1, 2013
Don't do it tomlover 112!

Keep posting - entertain me.

“I am a taxpayer”

Location hidden

#73 Feb 3, 2013
Truthiness wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE - please leave Topix.
Your pointless posts b!tch!ng about TW this and TW that are getting boring. You had a few points about the T-splost but your TW obsession is getting old.
Hey - I will make you a deal; if you (and your alter-ego Just me 114) quit posting about Tom - specifically - I will quit pointing out the lack of logic in your posts.
Deal?
NO PROBLEM !!!!! I will cease immediately, just as soon as he is out of office.
Then you can go back to just being a county employee using county taxpayer money to play on the computer all day. But what will you do with all your time & other screen names that you use to spread your bs to keep your county job.

And by the way if I heart your feelings because of your love for TW, you know I am truly sorry.

“I am a taxpayer”

Location hidden

#74 Feb 3, 2013
Bread and Circuses wrote:
Don't do it tomlover 112!
Keep posting - entertain me.
Well it sure doesn't take much to entertain you. How about I give you an empty box, I have been told that works well with pre-K children.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#75 Feb 3, 2013
I'll jump in the pool....

Taxpayer I am kind of with you, it's time for a change.

Former Resident - I think you and I have communicated before. WSA = crooked. I had some troubles at my old (newly built '05) home...water flowing way out of an easement that was plotted. I contacted the developer, builder, and WSA with certified letters. One day cars start pulling up at the house: Sharon, the builder's black Escalade, Richard's POS pickup truck and the WSA car. As soon as they all started asking about each other's kid's, I knew I was f*()Yked. I moved...all is well.

Taxes: I'll gladly pay more. Here's what I need: When is someone going to realize that DC is being hindered by the I-20, Highway 5, and Douglas Blvd. MESS? It is awful. Highway 5 and 20 overpass needs to be demolished and converted to 4 lanes like Fairburn Rd. was. 5 and Douglas blvd: the county needs to buy up Dunkin and that gas station and expand that intersection for two left turn lanes in each direction. That terrible traffic is hindering the county's growth. I am pretty easy going and I avoid it like that plague.

Next: THANK YOU to whoever just built a Dollar General on 166 between Post and 5. I hope you are the person that finally spurs development on that 2 mile stretch. It's good for all: to the people that live there - it will raise property values so you can sell to a commercial interest. To the people in the area - it will raise our values that we are finally close to something. Next we need that old crappy gas station by the school to be bought up, demolished (sorry to the little botique there, there will be room for you in the new place), and rebuilt in to a 4 or 5 until plaza...

So yes...let's get some new forward thinking people in office, and let's get some roadwork going. Otherwise, ATL will keep expanding to the NE and leave us behind. And at this point, behind isn't an option or we become even crappier.
The Dude

Douglasville, GA

#76 Feb 3, 2013
Joe, you have hit the nail on the head with the I-20/Highway 5/Douglas Blvd. area - spending all that money on Lee Road when Highway 5 is as messed up as it is is crazy. However, you have to know that taxwhiner will be against spending any money on it though because he is against all spending.

Besides, we need to build a Highway 92/railroad interchange too - just ask the City.
on the rocks

Carrollton, GA

#77 Feb 4, 2013
according to king obama everybody need to pay more tax so he can keep vacationing every other week.
Truthiness

United States

#78 Feb 4, 2013
taxpayer 112 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO PROBLEM !!!!! I will cease immediately, just as soon as he is out of office.
Then you can go back to just being a county employee using county taxpayer money to play on the computer all day. But what will you do with all your time & other screen names that you use to spread your bs to keep your county job.
And by the way if I heart your feelings because of your love for TW, you know I am truly sorry.
I knew that you could not do it. Your desire to talk about Tom is too great.

Also - as usual, you are wrong. I am not a county employee and receive no taxpayer money. Sorry to disappoint you. How I spend my lunch time and breaks should be of no bother for you.

As far as multiple screen names, I am who I am. Pay Attention, the Truth will set you free:

I have never said anything pro-Tom Worthan here. All I have done is point out that your never ending rants against Tom Worthan are NEVER GOING TO GET YOU WHAT YOU SAY YOU WANT - lower taxes. Since you keep on whining about Tom Worthan ignoring even the simplest logic, I have concluded - as others on Topix have - that you seem to have a "thing" for Tom Worthan.

Whether or not that "thing" is love or hate, I honestly do not know. Unless Tom has done something specifically to you (run over your dog with his car?) hate seems too weird, so I like to think that it is love. This seems to be the option others have chosen as well.

Your thoughts on how the county government should work is not supported by election results and normal-human thinking. Even a possible supporter of yours like Joes Beer Joint wants to spend MORE tax money on roads - so I am sure you will b!tch about than when you come back. Tax and spend - it is how all politicians work and politicians are part of the second oldest profession as Reagan once said.

Regardless, as The Dude said, get over it and pay your taxes. Life is too short.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smyrna police car 5 hr Terradice 3
Animal clicking noise? (Jan '13) Nov 14 Jackerwright 37
News Chapel Hill celebrates veterans Friday Nov 14 Ella 2
Why do so many Blacks drive with DEALER tags? (Oct '13) Nov 13 taxpayer 112 27
MARTA BUS stop in douglasville (Sep '08) Nov 13 POLEMICS 29
Fire truck holding up traffic?? Nov 12 Tolerman 7
Mormons are racists (Apr '12) Nov 9 Edgar 68

Powder Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance