Do you as residents of DC want higher Taxes now ?

Created by taxpayer 112 on Jan 5, 2013

214 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Pay Attention

New York, NY

#22 Jan 10, 2013
T-SPLOST did fail - probably because of the possibility that most of the money would have been spent outside of Douglas County.

However;

DC Parks SPLOSTs - PASSED

DC Courthouse SPLOST - PASSED

DC Jail SPLOST - PASSED

Those were the things Bigdave1 and taxwhiner mentioned as unnecessary spending.

Well boys - pay attention - your fellow citizens voted YES for all these items. This is as close as we can come to an actual democracy in Douglas County.

Right or wrong, smart or stupid, good or bad - these items passed. Since they passed, the commissioners were working toward the will of the people when they offered the SPLOSTs to them.

Whiner's sweetheart Tom (and Rita before him) could not have done any of these things without the consent of the Board and the voter's direct approval. If there was a huge reluctance within the population for the items listed above they would have all been voted down.

You lost the vote. Your fellow citizens let you down, not Tom Worthan.

The commissioners keep getting re-elected and the SPLOSTs for Douglas County keep passing.
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#24 Jan 10, 2013
The Douglas county voters had little choice of candidates.
Obama was elected President and if he screws up I will blame him. He is directly responsible for his own actions. The same goes for our county commissioners.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25 Jan 11, 2013
Pay Attention wrote:
T-SPLOST did fail - probably because of the possibility that most of the money would have been spent outside of Douglas County.
However;
DC Parks SPLOSTs - PASSED
DC Courthouse SPLOST - PASSED
DC Jail SPLOST - PASSED
Those were the things Bigdave1 and taxwhiner mentioned as unnecessary spending.
Well boys - pay attention - your fellow citizens voted YES for all these items. This is as close as we can come to an actual democracy in Douglas County.
Right or wrong, smart or stupid, good or bad - these items passed. Since they passed, the commissioners were working toward the will of the people when they offered the SPLOSTs to them.
Whiner's sweetheart Tom (and Rita before him) could not have done any of these things without the consent of the Board and the voter's direct approval. If there was a huge reluctance within the population for the items listed above they would have all been voted down.
You lost the vote. Your fellow citizens let you down, not Tom Worthan.
The commissioners keep getting re-elected and the SPLOSTs for Douglas County keep passing.
Ok, letís take the biggie as I have done some research on it, the $114million (just to build it) Jail SPLOST. First, by TWís own words at the topping out (party). The jail project had FAILED twice before. Next if you look at the posted election results for Nov.3, 09 you will see 3,918 yes or a whopping (50.21%, if you call that a majority) & 3,886 NO or 49.79%. For those that canít do math that is 32 votes.
Now in a county of 130K residents I would have to say IMO that this & the other facts in hand, perhaps a recount should have been the order of the day, duh!!!!!
Sounds like they may have used some of the tricky wording that was tried in the T-SPLOST but the voters were just too smart for them.
As for your comment on the T-SPLOST failure, I not sure now but I think it failed in 9 of the 10 counties it was to effect. Of course Atlanta /Fulton needed your tax dollars for the developers & some twenty year projects. Also needed money for their new streetcar & stadium donít ya know (not in DC).

But you are correct we need higher taxes in DC so TW will have his name on more projects when he leaves office. Thatís the way you get famous as a politician is by spending other peoples money.

Location hidden

#26 Jan 11, 2013
PS; this is for TW relative or campaign manager that posts here in his defense all the time. I think the saying goes something like , if you take the office you take the heat with it. Or the buck stops here,or if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.
Truthiness

New York, NY

#27 Jan 11, 2013
taxpayer 112 wrote:
PS; this is for TW relative or campaign manager that posts here in his defense all the time. I think the saying goes something like , if you take the office you take the heat with it. Or the buck stops here,or if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.
I don't see Tom complaining anywhere. I read posts from people like you that keep blaming Tom for the acts of the total board of commissioners and the outcome of the SPLOST votes when logic dictates that Tom is only part of why these taxes are passed. Your brokenheartedness over Tom's refusal of your love is blinding you to the facts.

I know that you have a campaign poster of Tom on your wall and you look longingly at it all the time thinking of what could have been.

If only Quarterman had won, then Tom would have had the time for me. Why couldn't Rita helped me out. Oh Romona - you failed too.

Who is going to help taxpayer 112 out?

Location hidden

#28 Jan 11, 2013
Truthiness wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see Tom complaining anywhere. I read posts from people like you that keep blaming Tom for the acts of the total board of commissioners and the outcome of the SPLOST votes when logic dictates that Tom is only part of why these taxes are passed. Your brokenheartedness over Tom's refusal of your love is blinding you to the facts.
I know that you have a campaign poster of Tom on your wall and you look longingly at it all the time thinking of what could have been.
If only Quarterman had won, then Tom would have had the time for me. Why couldn't Rita helped me out. Oh Romona - you failed too.
Who is going to help taxpayer 112 out?
I am sure it is obvious by now to ALL the intelligent people that you & he have a much closer relationship than I.

And if you don't think TW is the leader of the band when it come to getting his pet projects (raising taxes) passed then you need to spend some more time at some meetings or even watching the PGC23
Truthiness

New York, NY

#29 Jan 11, 2013
taxpayer 112 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure it is obvious by now to ALL the intelligent people that you & he have a much closer relationship than I.
All the intelligent people know that most of your posts are just rants against the people's choice for how the government should be run in Douglas County. Your lack of knowledge and understanding of how government works is as evident as your love is for Tom in nearly everything you post.

As far as a relationship with Tom - I only cast a vote for him once every four years. So you do not need to hate me, I do not have any more of a relationship with Tom than you. It is not me that is standing in your way.

Maybe one day you will overcome your broken heart for Tom and leave your hate behind.
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#30 Jan 11, 2013
Truthiness wrote:
<quoted text>
All the intelligent people know that most of your posts are just rants against the people's choice for how the government should be run in Douglas County. Your lack of knowledge and understanding of how government works is as evident as your love is for Tom in nearly everything you post.
As far as a relationship with Tom - I only cast a vote for him once every four years. So you do not need to hate me, I do not have any more of a relationship with Tom than you. It is not me that is standing in your way.
Maybe one day you will overcome your broken heart for Tom and leave your hate behind.
I have a good understanding of government unlike many people. We give and the government takes. That is unless you are in the moocher class.
The whole country is being run by self serving politicians not by true leaders that care for the American people.
USA RIP

New York, NY

#31 Jan 11, 2013
runninghot wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a good understanding of government unlike many people. We give and the government takes. That is unless you are in the moocher class.
The whole country is being run by self serving politicians not by true leaders that care for the American people.
The American People are getting the government that they deserve. No one gets elected in this country on a platform of reduced government services and reduced government spending. Most people always want something from their government - especially if someone else is footing the bill.

There is always talk about "throwing the rascals out" before elections, yet unless the incumbent does something truly stupid they generally get reelected every time. Look to the 2012 election; billions spent and what changed? Nothing other than the fact that Obama no longer has to worry about getting any more votes for himself.

I would love to be able to vote for a Jack Ryan (Tom Clancey's Sum of All Fears / Executive Orders). The trouble is that there is never a Jack Ryan-type person on the ballot. Just the same over promising, under delivering politicos from either party.

However, based on current events taxes may be the least of our worries.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#32 Jan 11, 2013
USA RIP wrote:
<quoted text>
The American People are getting the government that they deserve. No one gets elected in this country on a platform of reduced government services and reduced government spending. Most people always want something from their government - especially if someone else is footing the bill.
There is always talk about "throwing the rascals out" before elections, yet unless the incumbent does something truly stupid they generally get reelected every time. Look to the 2012 election; billions spent and what changed? Nothing other than the fact that Obama no longer has to worry about getting any more votes for himself.
I would love to be able to vote for a Jack Ryan (Tom Clancey's Sum of All Fears / Executive Orders). The trouble is that there is never a Jack Ryan-type person on the ballot. Just the same over promising, under delivering politicos from either party.
You are very correct in your statements. If there is ever a GOOD GUY the media shreds him up with lies and deceptions along with the blessings of ruling politicians. The voters are not very educated with facts so they are easily deceived. They believe what the news media tells them to believe. Until the voters wise up there is little chance this country will survive as the U.S.A. as we know it.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#33 Jan 11, 2013
Before I ever walked into the first WSA meeting I met with somebody about this issue and he said, oh you have to go to a board meeting, T W is on that board. I said who is TW? He said oh TW, he is the most powerful person in DC. I said really? What does TW do?

Can't remember the answer. Wait, now I do. He is the one who broke Tax whiners heart.
Bread and Circuses

Douglasville, GA

#34 Jan 11, 2013
Careful folks we don't want to start putting too much emphasis on real issues in these threads.

Lets get back to the entertaining - and useless - yammering about politicians who are going to be in office for four more years.

Because that is what the people want - entertainment!
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#35 Jan 11, 2013
I know that for sure. I don't think they are going to like it one dang bit when I make a claim on the land, that there homes sit upon, that the locals gave us without our knowledge or consent. All due to fraud.
Let's not talk about all that. They want me to maintain well I am going to have to claim the land, that their homes sit upon, to pay for it. That part is the cleanest clearest part of the entire mess. All done via QCD. All legal and legit. Let them start dealing with this mess too. Enough is enough.

You can mark this one nuts, spam and clueless, but go check the legal paperwork, arbor station. Section five. I am going to sell the land that your homes sit upon, so that I can pay for the public drainage easement deeded to the public good, that the city won't claim. Not too funny. We are the original buyers. Your land was deeded to us, after we closed on our home, without our consent.
I seriously hope they do some research. Perhaps they can talk to the most powerful person in DC.

Location hidden

#36 Jan 12, 2013
Back to the list that has never been posted.

Hey !!!! TW, Hostess Bakeries are coming to GA & employees aprx. 18k workers across the country.

BUT THERE NOT COMING TO DC TW, duh!!!

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/272122/16...

Location hidden

#37 Jan 12, 2013
I can understand TW why you would not want a company like HB to come to DC & broaden the tax base.
If that happened then you could not justify raising taxes on the property owners, right.
Bread and Circuses

Douglasville, GA

#38 Jan 12, 2013
taxpayer 112 wrote:
I can understand TW why you would not want a company like HB to come to DC & broaden the tax base.
If that happened then you could not justify raising taxes on the property owners, right.
Thanks for getting this thread back on track.

Taxpayer, your grasp of the issues is what keeps me coing back for more.

Douglasville, GA

#39 Jan 12, 2013
USA RIP wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read this article and thought about your thread in this post. This is what I have been saying over and over. We have a one party system disguised as a two party system. We are being played for fools as the politicians continue to play good cop bad cop with us. This country needs a new party that will actually do what it says it will do for America and its taxpayers.
I don't know whether or not this idea can get off the ground or not. There is always hope.
Checkout this link:
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/0...
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#40 Jan 13, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read this article and thought about your thread in this post. This is what I have been saying over and over. We have a one party system disguised as a two party system. We are being played for fools as the politicians continue to play good cop bad cop with us. This country needs a new party that will actually do what it says it will do for America and its taxpayers.
I don't know whether or not this idea can get off the ground or not. There is always hope.
Checkout this link:
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/0...
I don't think the news people will allow it to happen. They will lie about it as they did the tea party and people will believe it. Nothing will change for the better. Morons voting for morons.

Location hidden

#41 Jan 16, 2013
I sure would like to see a list of the 54% of fools that want to give TW more of there hard earned tax money to waste on his pet projects.

Or could they all just be the same jerk.
He will post shortly now.

Douglasville, GA

#42 Jan 16, 2013
taxpayer 112 wrote:
I sure would like to see a list of the 54% of fools that want to give TW more of there hard earned tax money to waste on his pet projects.
Or could they all just be the same jerk.
He will post shortly now.
He or she could be a very rich person that has escaped from a mental hospital. We should have pity on him or her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 28 min Synergy 55,693
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 14 hr JayPo 2,056
Does anyone know if Dependable Tire in Lithia S... (Sep '11) 14 hr Charles 21 33
An independent $38,000 pay study 17 hr Broad Street 4
Dallas Man Dies En Route to Motorcycle Rally 20 hr Anonymous Obsesso 1
Judge Neal Dettmerring Sun Res ipsa 8
Crossroads Church Sat Bozo the Clown 70
•••

Powder Springs News Video

•••
•••

Powder Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••