3 Girls hit by drunk driver on a Doug...

3 Girls hit by drunk driver on a Douglas County road.

Posted in the Powder Springs Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 12

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Nov 6, 2012
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/three-girl...

Anybody know where this happened or how old the girls are?

Since: May 12

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Nov 6, 2012
Never mind it says Maxham Road, I didn't see that at first. That is going toward Austell right?

Since: Jul 12

Lithia Springs, GA

#3 Nov 6, 2012
trystme wrote:
Never mind it says Maxham Road, I didn't see that at first. That is going toward Austell right?
It does go toward Austell but a small section is in Douglas County.

http://www.zipmap.net/Georgia/Douglas_County....

“Jesus loves me (and you)!”

Since: Jul 10

Douglasville, GA

#4 Nov 6, 2012
My question is.... Why were three girls between the ages of 13-15 walking the streets at 1:30AM???
dr zeus

Hogansville, GA

#5 Nov 6, 2012
for giggles wrote:
My question is.... Why were three girls between the ages of 13-15 walking the streets at 1:30AM???
Still the drunks fault but I'm w u. Wtf? 130? Parents need to b biautch slapped!
tired of it

Herndon, VA

#6 Nov 6, 2012
Most certainly the drunk is at fault here but the parents need to be punished also. Maxham Rd is not a road I would let my kids walk down at 1:30 in the afternoon much less in the morning. Those parents should have known what their kids were doing.
a girl

Douglasville, GA

#7 Nov 6, 2012
i know the 3 girls . please , pray for them . they are in critical conditions .

Douglasville, GA

#8 Nov 7, 2012
Oh I completely agree the drunk driver is at fault here. I have and will continue to pray for the girls and their families. But honestly, the parents of the three girls need to be questioned in regards as to why their YOUNG teenage daughters were out on the streets at 1:30AM!
michelle

Powder Springs, GA

#9 Nov 7, 2012
trystme wrote:
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/l ocal/three-girls-hit-on-dougla s-county-road-driver-char/nSyH c/
Anybody know where this happened or how old the girls are?

about 13 years

Since: Feb 08

Douglasville, Georgia

#10 Nov 7, 2012
I believe I saw a news account where it mentioned the girls were walking to the store, but like many here I'm astounded they were out that late in that area walking.

Now if it had been the weekend my eyebrows might not be up so high, but during the week....?

Still, the driver is obviously at fault.
Kay

Conyers, GA

#11 Nov 8, 2012
for giggles wrote:
Oh I completely agree the drunk driver is at fault here. I have and will continue to pray for the girls and their families. But honestly, the parents of the three girls need to be questioned in regards as to why their YOUNG teenage daughters were out on the streets at 1:30AM!
Dnt speak on nothing u Dnt knw about
Kay

Conyers, GA

#12 Nov 8, 2012
dr zeus wrote:
<quoted text>
Still the drunks fault but I'm w u. Wtf? 130? Parents need to b biautch slapped!
no u need to b slapped cuz u Dnt knw shxt about wats goin on stupid!!!!!
tired of it

Cambridge, MA

#13 Nov 8, 2012
Kay wrote:
<quoted text> no u need to b slapped cuz u Dnt knw shxt about wats goin on stupid!!!!!
Then enlighten us...cause I cannot see any reason to allow my child to walk to a store at 130 in the morning. I pray for the girls but I also hope that the parent(s) have to answer to wtf they were doing when this happened. If this makes you mad then I guess that you are either the parent in question or one that thinks that its ok to let your child do the same thing.
tired of it

Cambridge, MA

#14 Nov 8, 2012
And let me just stress that I truly hope the girls are ok. This is not their fault...it is the drunks AND the piss poor parenting they are getting.

Douglasville, GA

#15 Nov 8, 2012
Yes, please Kay enlighten us. Because I believe there is absolutely NO reason girls that age should be out walking to the store at that time. Again, I do not blame the girls and I completely 100% believe that it is the drunk drivers fault! BUT, the parents NEED to be questioned about why their young teenage daughters were out at that time. If they weren't out, they would not have been hit. Just sayin'.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#16 Nov 8, 2012
51% drunk's fault 49% parent's fault, because let's face it....there is no reason young kids should be out at that time of the night...so Kay, tell us, why were they out? And, I am ready for my slap....

Douglasville, GA

#17 Nov 8, 2012
Joes Beer Joint wrote:
51% drunk's fault 49% parent's fault, because let's face it....there is no reason young kids should be out at that time of the night...so Kay, tell us, why were they out? And, I am ready for my slap....
HAHA! You are right! My % was off!
tired of it

Herndon, VA

#18 Nov 8, 2012
Kay wrote:
<quoted text> no u need to b slapped cuz u Dnt knw shxt about wats goin on stupid!!!!!
Well waiting for your response. Please enlighten us all on why we dont knw shit and why we are stupid. Cause I think I am parenting all wrong. I actually care about them.
NEWERA

Norcross, GA

#19 Nov 8, 2012
If you have 13-year old daughters walking around near Thornton Road at 1:30 at night on a weekday - either there better be some VERY extraordinary circumstances going on (like a house on fire), or you're a shitty parent. On second thought, it just makes you a shitty parent no matter what is going on.
tired of it

Herndon, VA

#20 Nov 8, 2012
NEWERA wrote:
If you have 13-year old daughters walking around near Thornton Road at 1:30 at night on a weekday - either there better be some VERY extraordinary circumstances going on (like a house on fire), or you're a shitty parent. On second thought, it just makes you a shitty parent no matter what is going on.
Totqally agree...and there is something called a curfew...I am surprised that the police didnt see them either...not that it is their job to babysit...but that road is a major roadway and there is always cops on it. Cqnnot stress enough that piss poor parenting is involved. Guess they need to start running those ads that they used to....its 10 oclock....do you know where your children are? Maybe that will prompt some people to get off their ass and go check. But do it every hour after 9PM If you need to send your young teenage daughter to the store at that hour...whatever is needed can wait. Or you should be ten toeing your lazy ass. These are the same people u see on the news everyday that "just cant understand why something like this could happen"...look people...if you are gonna lay in bed and end up pregnant....either give that child to someone who wants it or take care of your kids!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bereavement pay for city of Dville employees 2 hr Hooper 1
Bishop Eddie Long - Hypocrit, Bi-sexual, False ... (Sep '10) 18 hr Atheos Aphobos 55
racism in Douglasville.. (Feb '12) 22 hr General Robert E Lee 111
Why do so many Blacks drive with DEALER tags? (Oct '13) Jan 16 Lester R 23
Why does Kaiser Permanente hire so many blacks? (Nov '11) Jan 14 sanrad 49
How do you get your property qualified for sect... (Jul '10) Jan 13 Stella Landry 71
Review: 770 Cheap Rides Inc (Feb '13) Jan 12 Tolerman 41

Powder Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Powder Springs Mortgages