Cobb County Schools - wasted day and tax payer money

Posted in the Powder Springs Forum

whatever

Temple, GA

#1 Sep 22, 2009
Why did Cobb county schools remain open Monday September 21, 2009?
My Elementary student said they spent all morning in the gym due to electrical issues and lack of A/C.
My neighbors middle schoolers watched movies and wrote "journals".
While High schooler were in a gym most of the day.
The CCSB then let all middle schooler go home with (an hours notice) 3 hours early, high schooler who had a ride were free to leave school.
So we paid for gas to bus these kids to what amounted to the cobb county school district daycare program. We paid to operate the buildings and added traffic which hurt the emergency responders getting to areas where roads needed to be closed. We also have a fair number of teachers that do not live in cobb county that had to brave the weather to get to and from work adding to the traffic problems.
interesting

Lincoln, NE

#2 Sep 22, 2009
I would just be happy my children were safe!! It counted as a full day of school?!? Most are on salary, so that is figured in the distance & travel time. There were a lot more idiots out there on the roads who shouldn't have been. If you didn't want your children to go to school, it was your option to keep them home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know where to find Mike Rine? (Feb '11) 8 hr Morals no 3
Someone's going to prison 21 hr Dont Drop the Soap 2
SECTION 8 HOUSES in mirror lake (Apr '08) Tue Really 101
Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13) Mon jstrong196 21
officer involved shooting downtown atlanta Mon XTC 3
Sex education class Mon kimbo 1
Red Palmer Mon Puleeze 7
More from around the web

Powder Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE