Police chief on leave pending investi...

Police chief on leave pending investigation

There are 9 comments on the MDJonline.com - Marietta, Georgia story from Dec 30, 2010, titled Police chief on leave pending investigation. In it, MDJonline.com - Marietta, Georgia reports that:

Police Chief L. Rick Richardson has been placed on paid administrative leave pending an investigation by the Cobb Sheriff's Office regarding the sale of a police vehicle, Powder Springs Mayor Pat Vaughn confirmed to the Journal Thursday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MDJonline.com - Marietta, Georgia.

bamafan

Hiram, GA

#1 Jan 1, 2011
its about time, maybe powder springs will get a real police chief
slick rick

Hiram, GA

#2 Jan 2, 2011
pat vaughn is a dumb *** and has been played to be a fool by rick and his brother for years. she was probably made out to be a fool on the stand, and figured out that rick stuck it to her so now she is mad and wants his a**. pat vaughn and rick both need to hold hands and walk away for the city and hand the keys over to the county
Reseacher

Detroit, MI

#3 Jan 2, 2011
Perhaps you should gather your facts before passing judgement with slanderous remarks. Everyone has an opinion....next time let yours be an informed intelligent one made by someone who has researched ALL the facts!
facts

Douglasville, GA

#4 Jan 3, 2011
I have to agree with Researcher. If you dont have all of the facts it is best to keep your opinions to yourself.("slick rick") I have researched all of the facts and cant speak for the chief but I happen to know that his brother was an excellent police officer that was serious about his job and cared for each and every officer on the force. If anything they stuck it to him when they fired him.(which by the way, he was cleared of ALL charges that the mayor and chief tried to accuse him of. The ONLY thing he was guilty of was trying to keep the men safe and making it a great dept.*notice how it has gone down hill since he has been gone!!!
Carolina Blue

Hiram, GA

#5 Jan 3, 2011
I think I'm about to throw up from all the bullcrap comments about how good Rick and Ray Richardson are / were for Powder Springs.

The fact is that Ray Richardson did anything he wanted to in the department and railroaded more than a few good police officers into leaving Powder Springs.

Rick let him get away with it and simply said "I didn't know what was going on". Well if you are the Chief of a police department it's your job to know "whats going on" even if your brother was the "Deputy Chief".

Ray ran the department with threats and fear and intimidation for years. Every officer that worked for Powder Springs knows that is a fact!

Rick simply sat back and let him do it! Ask any officer that worked with Rick and Ray. They will tell you (off the record of course).

Reseacher

Detroit, MI

#6 Jan 4, 2011
To facts...I decided to research your comments. There were no charges against Ray Richardson, therefore there were no charges to drop. Check your facts before you accuse people of pressing charges....You might not want to open up a can of worms....Carolina Blue seems to have a different opinion.

Slayer

Hiram, GA

#7 Jan 6, 2011
Reseacher wrote:
To facts...I decided to research your comments. There were no charges against Ray Richardson, therefore there were no charges to drop. Check your facts before you accuse people of pressing charges....You might not want to open up a can of worms....Carolina Blue seems to have a different opinion.
You're an idiot, along with the Richardsons
Cindy

Hiram, GA

#8 Jan 11, 2011
The only thing Ray was good at was plotting one officer against another and keeping the department in turmoil. That is a FACT!
facts

Lithia Springs, GA

#9 Jan 18, 2011
Carolina Blue, I have had the privilege to talk to several of the officers and they are telling me a totally different story. If a person is innocent how can they be "railroaded" into leaving. It seems to me they would man up and defend themselves so that should tell you something. I dont recall the dept being ran with threats or intimidation. Again if your not guilty of anything, threats and intimidation wont work. GROW UP! Researcher, I should have said accusations not charges. He was found innocent of all the accusations made against him. I am not opening a can of worms. The can was opened with the first negative post against him. Slayer, Real intelligent. Cindy, if this were a fact it is sad that the officers were so easy to turn against each other. THOSE ARE THE FACTS! My prayers go out to each of you who have nothing better to do than go online to bad mouth someone behind their backs. So sad. I hope nobody ever does this to any of you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Pounds 12 hr Dville Dawg 3
2016 Election - Douglas Co Commission Chairman (Dec '15) Wed Forgiving 76
mugshots and crime (Sep '11) Sep 27 Tolerman 12
Please help.....being stalked/harrassed in Austell (Apr '07) Sep 26 Jason 18
Powder Springs historic district is HAUNTED. Sep 24 BLendIN Georgia 1
Barber shop Sep 23 Charles 2
Vote For Donald Trump (Feb '16) Sep 23 Simpson 32

Powder Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance