5 Year Old Shoots And Kill 2 Year Old

Posted in the Powder Springs Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rightwing

Stone Mountain, GA

#1 May 2, 2013
Where is the NRA president now ?Will the NRA offer to buy the coffin?Are will they spend a million dollars on advertisement stating that guns don't kill people children do ?What a shame a pretty little 2 year old is dead all because here parents were too stupid to put her safety over the NRA president retirement fund !Guess this is just a bother political weapon against Obama !
Rightwing

Stone Mountain, GA

#2 May 2, 2013
"In this part of the country, it's not uncommon for a 5-year-old to have a gun or for a parent to pass one down to their kid,"

The little Crickett rifle is a single-shot rifle, and it has a child safety.

Where ?
D-Ville Dad

Atlanta, GA

#3 May 2, 2013
I don't care who you are or where you are from. 5 is too young to have access to an unsecured loaded weapon. It was the responsibility of the parents to keep the weapon secured and unloaded and they failed in their responsibility.

The NRA should be out there talking about how guns can be kept securely but notice that they are totally absent now. I think they care only about the money generated by gun sales and safety is no longer a concern for them. It used to be different when individual dues paid for them, now it's all corporate money.
Rightwing

Stone Mountain, GA

#4 May 2, 2013
D-Ville Dad wrote:
I don't care who you are or where you are from. 5 is too young to have access to an unsecured loaded weapon. It was the responsibility of the parents to keep the weapon secured and unloaded and they failed in their responsibility.
The NRA should be out there talking about how guns can be kept securely but notice that they are totally absent now. I think they care only about the money generated by gun sales and safety is no longer a concern for them. It used to be different when individual dues paid for them, now it's all corporate money.
You have hit the nail on the head........this is so sad for these children,I would never do this to my little girl who I love so much,I have several guns,but my kids will never get their hands on them.
I sure as hell will not get a 5 year old comfortable with a dangerous weapon like a gun ! What elese are they giving these kids drugs too ?
Wayne LaPierre

Carrollton, GA

#5 May 2, 2013
Rightwing wrote:
<quoted text>
You have hit the nail on the head........this is so sad for these children,I would never do this to my little girl who I love so much,I have several guns,but my kids will never get their hands on them.
I sure as hell will not get a 5 year old comfortable with a dangerous weapon like a gun ! What elese are they giving these kids drugs too ?
Now you have it. Parents - guilty, guns - inanimate tools.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#6 May 2, 2013
D-Ville Dad wrote:
The NRA leadership is completely in the pockets of the manufacturers.

There is way too much irresponsibility with guns in this country, and the NRA doesn't care at all.
Midnight Rider

Douglasville, GA

#7 May 3, 2013
If some of you uninformed idiots would actually read something besides the Huffington Post you would see that the NRA does have safety education as one of its major priorities and has done so for a while......Google NRA Eddie Eagle Program and read it....if you can.
jake kesey

Lampasas, TX

#8 May 3, 2013
Rightwing wrote:
"In this part of the country, it's not uncommon for a 5-year-old to have a gun or for a parent to pass one down to their kid,"

The little Crickett rifle is a single-shot rifle, and it has a child safety.

Where ?
My 8 year old son has this same rifle. It has a pin that blocks the bolt. Even if its loaded you can not fire it IF its locked.

The parents in this case are fully responsible

I keep his rifle pin locked, the key is in my hand gun safe and the ammo locked in an ammo can. So because of these stupid people my rights have to be restricted?
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#9 May 3, 2013
jake kesey wrote:
<quoted text>
My 8 year old son has this same rifle. It has a pin that blocks the bolt. Even if its loaded you can not fire it IF its locked.
The parents in this case are fully responsible
I keep his rifle pin locked, the key is in my hand gun safe and the ammo locked in an ammo can. So because of these stupid people my rights have to be restricted?
If you can get most Americans to become intelligent and responsible I promise I'll never say a word about gun-control. Good look with that.

Until then, maybe some reasonable safety restrictions and precautions can prevent more unwanted deaths of children. That kid getting into his irresponsible mothers guns and killing 20 elementary school kids in class should make a pretty good case for why it's needed.
jake kesey

Lampasas, TX

#10 May 3, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>If you can get most Americans to become intelligent and responsible I promise I'll never say a word about gun-control. Good look with that.

Until then, maybe some reasonable safety restrictions and precautions can prevent more unwanted deaths of children. That kid getting into his irresponsible mothers guns and killing 20 elementary school kids in class should make a pretty good case for why it's needed.
So what are you suggestions for "reasonable safety restrictions and precautions"

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#11 May 3, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can get most Americans to become intelligent and responsible I promise I'll never say a word about gun-control. Good look with that.
How can you guarantee that she wouldn't have had the guns anyway? That is what is so insane about the libs and their "gun control". It simply won't change anything. That's just common sense. Anyone who wants a gun can get one. It's easy. My life shouldn't be made more restrictive because of ANOTHER law that won't make one bit of difference.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12 May 3, 2013
jake kesey wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you suggestions for "reasonable safety restrictions and precautions"
Just more government control supported by liberals. They don't know how to act without laws giving them instructions.
D-Ville Dad

Atlanta, GA

#13 May 3, 2013
jake kesey wrote:
<quoted text>
How about liability insurance like we have for cars? I need to have my car insured in case I accidentally kill or harm you. We could do the same for a weapon. And how about a few requirements about using and storing weapons safely. If I use my car in an unsafe manner I get a ticket. If I use my car when drunk I get arrested. If I keep doing it I lose my license. These parents stored this weapon in an unsafe manner which resulted in the death of a child. They should be held accountable.
D-Ville Dad

Atlanta, GA

#14 May 3, 2013
Midnight Rider wrote:
If some of you uninformed idiots would actually read something besides the Huffington Post you would see that the NRA does have safety education as one of its major priorities and has done so for a while......Google NRA Eddie Eagle Program and read it....if you can.
I am well aware of the NRA safety programs. I've taken the courses. But you hear them say nothing about them these days. I think since they have gone from a model of individual donor support to a model of corporate support that they care only about corporate profits and no longer give a damn about safety if it does not directly enrich their corporate sponsors.

It is interesting to me that a few years ago they were all for universal background checks but now they won't hear of it. What has changed? Their source of funding.

But I'm not going to waste time debating NRA or gun policy on this forum it is a complete waste of time because there is no reasoned debate here.

My original point was the parents are responsible and I still stand by that point. I am responsible for the weapons in my home. You can bet my kids will not find them loaded and unsecured.
Check Again

Douglasville, GA

#15 May 3, 2013
D-Ville Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
It is interesting to me that a few years ago they were all for universal background checks but now they won't hear of it. What has changed?
Not true at all. See www.factcheck.org That is a website that really does some homework on political issues and shows how both sides (progressive & conservative) twist facts.
jason

Carrollton, GA

#16 May 4, 2013
that's one vote obammie wont get.
jake kesey

Canyon Lake, TX

#17 May 4, 2013
D-Ville Dad wrote:
<quoted text>How about liability insurance like we have for cars? I need to have my car insured in case I accidentally kill or harm you. We could do the same for a weapon. And how about a few requirements about using and storing weapons safely. If I use my car in an unsafe manner I get a ticket. If I use my car when drunk I get arrested. If I keep doing it I lose my license. These parents stored this weapon in an unsafe manner which resulted in the death of a child. They should be held accountable.
So you ok with the police coming into your home for a weapons inspection? I don't think so.
jake kesey

Canyon Lake, TX

#18 May 4, 2013
D-Ville Dad wrote:
<quoted text>How about liability insurance like we have for cars? I need to have my car insured in case I accidentally kill or harm you. We could do the same for a weapon. And how about a few requirements about using and storing weapons safely. If I use my car in an unsafe manner I get a ticket. If I use my car when drunk I get arrested. If I keep doing it I lose my license. These parents stored this weapon in an unsafe manner which resulted in the death of a child. They should be held accountable.
So you saying is ok for the police to come into your home for an inspection? More laws and regulations is your answer?
jake kesey

Canyon Lake, TX

#19 May 4, 2013
D-Ville Dad wrote:
<quoted text>I am well aware of the NRA safety programs. I've taken the courses. But you hear them say nothing about them these days. I think since they have gone from a model of individual donor support to a model of corporate support that they care only about corporate profits and no longer give a damn about safety if it does not directly enrich their corporate sponsors.

It is interesting to me that a few years ago they were all for universal background checks but now they won't hear of it. What has changed? Their source of funding.

But I'm not going to waste time debating NRA or gun policy on this forum it is a complete waste of time because there is no reasoned debate here.

My original point was the parents are responsible and I still stand by that point. I am responsible for the weapons in my home. You can bet my kids will not find them loaded and unsecured.
I agree 100% with your last paragraph.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#20 May 4, 2013
D-Ville Dad wrote:
<quoted text>

That's great. If you're responsible I doubt your kids will suffer gun-related tragedy in their home. How about the parents who aren't so responsible and their kid DOES find a weapon and takes it to the playground your kids play at? Who's responsible really isn't the biggest problem a parent is faced with after the damage is done.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/12/us/san...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/new-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 8 min Ga Girl 56 56,841
Douglasville Doesn't Care About Public Safety 57 min well 9
Coupons/Sale for Six Flags Fright Fest? 6 hr Blurpo 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Tue tammy101 2,072
LA Fitness ... The New Golds Gym? (May '09) Tue XTC 177
where do they work Tue XTC 12
Loud Concert All Weekend Tue Midas 5

Powder Springs News Video

Powder Springs Jobs

Powder Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Powder Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Powder Springs

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]