android

Douglasville, GA

#82 Apr 9, 2013
Xc
Gideon

Douglasville, GA

#83 Apr 21, 2013
parent wrote:
yes, I'm a woman and I do admit to being emotional. I am logical and take offense to the all emotional comment. I have never been wronged by my husband and have a wonderful relationship with him. I do know a few people, friends, co-workers, children who have gone to see him. So no, my comment of a few people is actually true. Their opinion of him is mixed. More have said they didn't like him or didn't like his methods. Only one liked him. I even had contact with him at the local charter school and like I said he gave me the creeps. And this feeling came before I knew of any of the other people he's helped. I even had the opportunity to let my child see him. I refused. I don't like his methods. A person on this forum asked for opinions, and that's just what I gave, MY opinion. So, if you please, my opinion is based on my experience, don't knock it until you've seen what I've seen. I don't knock those who have used this indivdiual and liked his methods, I even admitted there are some. I just gave my opinion, obviously, you have a differing one, good for you. Now if you please, quit degrading me for writing back to a person who asked!
This has nothing to do with her being a woman. From personal experence I can tell you she is correct.
Clint is not someone you want as a family counselor, or anykind of a counselor.
Whoknows

Douglasville, GA

#84 Apr 28, 2013
concerned wrote:
My wife went to see Clint, as our marriage was in trouble. After several meetings with him, they decided I should be included to work on the marriage.(the 5th marriage counselor in 20yrs, the 1st attended by one of us by ourselves initially) From the moment I walked in, I felt like I was on trial. He didn't ask me were I felt like the marriage was headed, he didn't ask me what I thought was the problem was. He attacked my character and all fingers pointed at me, I was the problem! Every thing was my fault. Anyone knows that there are two sides to every story, especially a 20yr marriage. No one person can be responsible for all of the problems in a marriage. For someone to do counselling the way he did with our case should be a crime, I think we would still be married if it weren't for Mr Payne! I would not recommend Mr Payne to anyone for anything, period!
Most people think that all counselors are the same and that they have your best interest in mind. Thats true for most but not all.
Before you see a srink, its important to question him about his values and methods, especially when they involve family issues. If his value system is different from yours, then you should seek another. You might still have been married had you done that.
Andrew 86

Douglasville, GA

#85 May 4, 2013
Whoknows wrote:
<quoted text>Most people think that all counselors are the same and that they have your best interest in mind. Thats true for most but not all.
Before you see a srink, its important to question him about his values and methods, especially when they involve family issues. If his value system is different from yours, then you should seek another. You might still have been married had you done that.
Yep, good advice.
Lois

Douglasville, GA

#86 May 8, 2013
Jennifer wrote:
Clint Payne is not a Christian Counselor. He may be a christian, but is psychology does not follow Christian teachings according to the Bible. Clint does not believe that commitment is important in marriage nor does he believe that marriage is a covenant between a husband and wife and God. He is very quick to advocate divorce between couples in conflict and has no problem with gay/lesbian relationships.
If you are looking for a secular counselor, go to Clint, but if you want true Christian counseling with Christian values and morals, look somewhere else.
We have Christian car repare shops, plumbers, landscaper, counselors, etc. Christian anything presents itself as moral and honest, but are these people really Christians? Only God knows for sure, but we should be able to tell by their beliefs and actions.
If you want to be assured you are receiving true Christian counseling then I would check out the focus on the family website. There you can find a link to Christiam counselors in your area.
These people have committed their practice to only use Christian values and methods.
Mr Payne is not on this list.
cannondale

United States

#87 May 9, 2013
Gh
cannondale

United States

#88 May 9, 2013
This is very disturbing to hear these comments on Clint. I met him several years ago -- he really helped me with issues with my son - and issues with my ex. He is a great guy--and a good Christian. Some folks on this topix are really hateful---
honestly

Covington, GA

#89 May 10, 2013
Clint is a GREAT counselor... He helped my husband and me tremendously! He has kept in touch ever since and checks in periodically! I do the same just because he helped so much! Love him!
Uri

Douglasville, GA

#90 May 12, 2013
This guy may have helped a few people , but he.sure has a lot of people pissed off. Thought counselors were supose to help people not hurt them.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#91 May 12, 2013
Counselors are change agents. Somebody is bound to get pissed off. We resist change.

I would hate for any one of you to be sitting in the midst of a group trying to kill themselves, and you are supposed to figure out how to change it, while everybody is attacking you for trying, but they need you at the same time.
You are just trying to survive, using every skill you have, while the blah, blah blahs go on, and use some sanity, when all sanity has disappeared, including your own trying to figure out how to solve, when they need you to help them, and resist you helping them at the same time.

This is why many counselors prefer individual, rather then family and the bigger the family, the more of a mess it is. The more generations, the problem has been happening, the more difficult to solve. The patterns are ingrained.

The only thing you can do is try to find the common goal, and move forward, and create a new path.
Uri

Douglasville, GA

#92 May 13, 2013
Formerresident, its not that complicated. Successful counseling involves being fair, considerate of the feelings of others and adhering to common core values. The reason there are so many problems with this counselor have less to do with the patients amd more to do with his methods. Catering to one individul in a family at the detriment of orhers is hurtful and teaches one to be self centered and uncompassionate. In a sense your your destroting the very essence of the aspects that contribute to healthy families. These methods do nothing promote self seeking behaviors and damage marriages and harm children.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#93 May 13, 2013
I don't know this counselor. I validate the considerate piece and adhering to common core values. The process of family counseling though does take moving people towards a common path, when they are trying to destroy each other in the process. It takes specific training to do it well and it is process.

It is also very difficult to do counseling in one's own family where you are part of the system, and being scapegoated. Usually the identified problem is speaking truth, that nobody wants to hear, and the process of blaming one is very damaging, when the architects, the parents establish, maintain, and reinforce the dysfunction. There isn't a trained professional who doesn't know what I am referencing. We are used to it. The IP is the one who brings the family into counseling, and is the advocate of change. Every family therapist knows that real change for the family happens at the parent level.
Steve y2

Douglasville, GA

#94 May 26, 2013
What is the truth is evident to everyone but the counselor, and he is one of the.architects encouraging the blamer. As you can see , this is a serious issue with the.counselor which leads to nothing but negative results.
Dye 89

Douglasville, GA

#95 Jun 19, 2013
concerned wrote:
My wife went to see Clint, as our marriage was in trouble. After several meetings with him, they decided I should be included to work on the marriage.(the 5th marriage counselor in 20yrs, the 1st attended by one of us by ourselves initially) From the moment I walked in, I felt like I was on trial. He didn't ask me were I felt like the marriage was headed, he didn't ask me what I thought was the problem was. He attacked my character and all fingers pointed at me, I was the problem! Every thing was my fault. Anyone knows that there are two sides to every story, especially a 20yr marriage. No one person can be responsible for all of the problems in a marriage. For someone to do counselling the way he did with our case should be a crime, I think we would still be married if it weren't for Mr Payne! I would not recommend Mr Payne to anyone for anything, period!
OMG I just looked up this guy's website. He calls his place" The SERENITY CENTER". Guess a good laugh is good for the soul.
Concerned

Douglasville, GA

#96 Jun 23, 2013
Dye 89 wrote:
<quoted text> OMG I just looked up this guy's website. He calls his place" The SERENITY CENTER". Guess a good laugh is good for the soul.
This is the very reason many people shy away from any kind of therapy. This counselor needs to reevaluate his beliefs and methods before it becomes a destructive pattern. Hopefully if it hasn't already.
Wyoming

Douglasville, GA

#97 Jun 27, 2013
Had a session with this guy a while back, he is kinda creepy.
whoknows

United States

#98 Jul 9, 2013
cannondale wrote:
This is very disturbing to hear these comments on Clint. I met him several years ago -- he really helped me with issues with my son - and issues with my ex. He is a great guy--and a good Christian. Some folks on this topix are really hateful---
Hateful or truthful
Wow

Douglasville, GA

#99 Jul 25, 2013
My wife went to see Clint, as our marriage was in trouble. After several meetings with him, they decided I should be included to work on the marriage.(the 5thdoesn't age counselor in 20yrs, the 1st attended by one of us by ourselves initially) From the moment I walked in, I felt like I was on trial. He didn't ask me were I felt like the marriage was headed, he didn't ask me what I thought was the problem was. He attacked my character and all fingers pointed at me, I was the problem! Every thing was my fault. Anyone knows that there are two sides to every story, especially a 20yr marriage. No one person can be responsible for all of the problems in a marriage. For someone to do counselling the way he did with our case should be a crime, I think we would still be married if it weren't for Mr Payne! I would not recommend Mr Payne to anyone for anything, period! Wow, this doesn't surprise me at all! From my own experience I would never recommend this 'counselor' unless both partners were 100 % committed to there marriage. If one is even the slightest bit wavering (happens at least once in all marriages) then Clint will influence them to divorce. From my experience this guy just doesn't understand the dynamics of a long term relationship and seems to think that divorce is the answer. I also don't think that he has much confidence in his own ability to be effective and unbiased when it comes to anything other than simple communication issues. This was a crime to your family. There is certainly nothing spiritual or Christian about what he did to you.
wakeup

Suwanee, GA

#100 Jul 25, 2013
Wow wrote:
My wife went to see Clint, as our marriage was in trouble. After several meetings with him, they decided I should be included to work on the marriage.(the 5thdoesn't age counselor in 20yrs, the 1st attended by one of us by ourselves initially) From the moment I walked in, I felt like I was on trial. He didn't ask me were I felt like the marriage was headed, he didn't ask me what I thought was the problem was. He attacked my character and all fingers pointed at me, I was the problem! Every thing was my fault. Anyone knows that there are two sides to every story, especially a 20yr marriage. No one person can be responsible for all of the problems in a marriage. For someone to do counselling the way he did with our case should be a crime, I think we would still be married if it weren't for Mr Payne! I would not recommend Mr Payne to anyone for anything, period! Wow, this doesn't surprise me at all! From my own experience I would never recommend this 'counselor' unless both partners were 100 % committed to there marriage. If one is even the slightest bit wavering (happens at least once in all marriages) then Clint will influence them to divorce. From my experience this guy just doesn't understand the dynamics of a long term relationship and seems to think that divorce is the answer. I also don't think that he has much confidence in his own ability to be effective and unbiased when it comes to anything other than simple communication issues. This was a crime to your family. There is certainly nothing spiritual or Christian about what he did to you.
You were a lousy husband, huh? She went first. She's the one tha wanted help. You didn't want to go I bet. Don't blame another person for your mistakes. Look at yourself and why she was unahappy with you. If you don't fix it, it will happen to you again. Just going by what you didn't say in your post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Neal Dettmerring 5 min The Truth 10
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 19 min Just a Thought 2,058
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 34 min Chopper Read 55,785
Douglas BOE second highest paid in state (May '13) 4 hr Raymond 70
Does anyone know if Dependable Tire in Lithia S... (Sep '11) Sun Charles 21 33
An independent $38,000 pay study Sun Broad Street 4
Dallas Man Dies En Route to Motorcycle Rally Sun Anonymous Obsesso 1
•••

Powder Springs News Video

•••
Powder Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Powder Springs Jobs