Masonic lodge's new barbecue pit at H...

Masonic lodge's new barbecue pit at Hunter Park complete

There are 25 comments on the Douglas County Sentinel story from Jan 30, 2013, titled Masonic lodge's new barbecue pit at Hunter Park complete. In it, Douglas County Sentinel reports that:

For nearly half a century, the barbecue pit at Hunter Park in Douglasville has been the place where citizens gather on Labor Day to eat after watching the parade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Douglas County Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pancho gracious

Carrollton, GA

#1 Jan 30, 2013
have to put a 12 high chain link fence and 2 armed guards at it to keep away the welfare and food stamp scum.. we be bar b quing a possum or some stole steaks.
Pancho Villa

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jan 30, 2013
I wish we could figure out a way to keep these Masons out of the park and our community in general.
pancho gracious

Carrollton, GA

#3 Jan 30, 2013
Pancho Villa wrote:
I wish we could figure out a way to keep these Masons out of the park and our community in general.
along with all the welfare, food stamp and section 8 scum.It would be a great county if that trash was thrown out.They give NOTHING to the community, ONLY take.
Brother

United States

#4 Feb 4, 2013
Hello fellow men of the area. I saw your very well thought out comments on the site and I thought to myself do they live in the same county. I was at another park this weekend where we raised money for a local charity at another park in Douglasville.We did very well with the support from the local community. Well as you call them section 8 welfare scum.They were very supportive of a local lodge making a good impression on the youth in the community by reaching out to help those in need and not judge. Be careful when you build fence's to keep others out you might find yourself in there alone with no one to enjoy it with.
DVille Citizen

Douglasville, GA

#5 Feb 7, 2013
I dont understand how the county or government let them place this on county property when it is a religious group. They wouldnt let a baptist church put anything to that nature in a park on government ground why a Mason? After all they had a Pastor like figure bless it before they opened it for use.
Rightwing

Douglasville, GA

#6 Feb 7, 2013
pancho gracious wrote:
have to put a 12 high chain link fence and 2 armed guards at it to keep away the welfare and food stamp scum.. we be bar b quing a possum or some stole steaks.
Why you so concern about douglas county you dod not live here ?
Lori K

Atlanta, GA

#7 Feb 4, 2014
Please don't post negative comments about an incredible organization that you clearly don't understand. Perhaps a bit of basic on-line investigation might help you to realize the magnitude of charity work and community support that the Masonic Lodge contributes to Georgia and to Douglasville.
Pancho Villa

Atlanta, GA

#8 Feb 4, 2014
Lori K wrote:
Please don't post negative comments about an incredible organization that you clearly don't understand. Perhaps a bit of basic on-line investigation might help you to realize the magnitude of charity work and community support that the Masonic Lodge contributes to Georgia and to Douglasville.
Out of curiosity, has our local chapter decided to include minorities in their incredible organization or is it still whites only?

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#9 Feb 4, 2014
I not sure pancho, I guess a tan,brown,black, light brown, dark black, tan whitie, albino whitie, olive skinned skin type person could do anything they wanted to do. But I guess some skin types sit around bashing the white man for what they don't have or can join? I think ANYONE who gets up off their lazy ass can do whatever or join whatever they want too ;) Those Mason's put their work in to their community's , children, charities and their fellow man. But I guess you watched some conspiracy theory crap on discovery about it being a secret society. Discovery also aired the finding of a merman and megaladon O.o Do you know anyone who has ever been turned down to join? No, you don't.
Pancho Villa

Atlanta, GA

#10 Feb 5, 2014
karma24799 wrote:
I not sure pancho, I guess a tan,brown,black, light brown, dark black, tan whitie, albino whitie, olive skinned skin type person could do anything they wanted to do. But I guess some skin types sit around bashing the white man for what they don't have or can join? I think ANYONE who gets up off their lazy ass can do whatever or join whatever they want too ;) Those Mason's put their work in to their community's , children, charities and their fellow man. But I guess you watched some conspiracy theory crap on discovery about it being a secret society. Discovery also aired the finding of a merman and megaladon O.o Do you know anyone who has ever been turned down to join? No, you don't.
The problem with folks these days is that they insist on being willfully ignorant.

Look it up, Karma. Use the mighty google engine and see what you turn up. There's a pattern of discrimination in this organization in the South (go figure, right?) Now, this MAY have been addressed, last time I researched it was a couple of years ago - hence my question.

Next time you open your yap, you may want to pause, research and reflect just a bit.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 5, 2014
Again, do you know anyone that isn't a whitie that has been turned down to join? No you do not.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 5, 2014
Also FYI there is an all African American Masonic group right here in good 'oil West Georgia. That advice about google? Use it ;)
Pancho Villa

Atlanta, GA

#13 Feb 5, 2014
karma24799 wrote:
Also FYI there is an all African American Masonic group right here in good 'oil West Georgia. That advice about google? Use it ;)
*laugh*

Willfully ignorant. A pure example of what plagues this nation. Our citizens refuse to think or learn.

Here, let me help you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/03/us/03masons...

Again, it may be that this issue has been addressed over the last few years. I'm asking. I know some Masons locally who are good people (and a few who are not) and would like to think they've ended such discrimination.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 5, 2014
So a journalists decides to write a story on Mason's. Not being a Mason. What an expert. You win!! O.o
Pancho Villa

Atlanta, GA

#15 Feb 5, 2014
Oh, gosh yes, let's not give anything we read online or in print any attention whatsoever. Let's not think at all.

Willfully ignorant.

You're right, I did win. But then it wasn't much of a contest, was it?

(Gotta be a mason reading this forum that can perhaps fill us in on what the locals have been doing lately. I know D-ville did not have any minorities a few years ago but, again, perhaps that's changed. Anyone?)

Location hidden

#16 Feb 5, 2014
You have managed to call me an ugly name with the last two posts. You presume you know what I read and what I don't. And you're here with your superior intelligence speaking on a group you have never had any thing to do with. Do you know anyone who has been turned down, for the last time? Your whole opinion relies solely on what you PRESUME to know. With absolutely no experience in the matter at all. Back up with experience of your own instead of believing a bunch of BS on TV and the internet. You prob read Wikipedia and believe everything on there. LOL
Pancho Villa

Atlanta, GA

#17 Feb 5, 2014
I have made no presumptions.

And you are willfully ignorant. If you do not like the label then perhaps you should do something about it.

Location hidden

#18 Feb 5, 2014
Let me break it down to you. A Mason graduates to a Shriner. Shriner's collect money and raise money for Scottish right and children's hospital's. Solely to help sick children and their families. There isn't one single race whom receives help. Any child and family in need will be helped. Sick children. Of any race. So this nefarious crap of racism is an unfair dig on a great organization. Instead of reading crap on the internet and TV, why not take a trip to a children's hospital and speak with the DIVERSE families there to get a real sense of what this group does.

Location hidden

#19 Feb 5, 2014
One last thought. Scandal and controversy SELL. Just think about that. Choose to truly investigate something rather than relying on TV that need ratings and journalist who want their name out there. The internet is fun and interesting as is TV, but I was taught to think for myself and not let the "dummy" boxes brain wash me.
D-Ville Mason

Douglasville, GA

#20 Feb 5, 2014
Please allow me to clarify a couple of points made here and clear the air.
1st - Freemasonry is not a religion or political body.(Religion and politics are strictly prohibited during Lodge business.) It is a fraternal organization based on education, community service and charity.
2nd - The Grand Lodge of Georgia is integrated. That is not to say that some of the rural Lodges may not be, but like any fraternal organization each Lodge has the right to set it's own standards. Name any other fraternity that doesn't enjoy the same rights.
3rd - The Labor Day Shriner Parade and Masonic BBQ have had a symbiotic relationship with the city for 50 years now. Hunter Park belongs to the city. Douglasville Lodge paid for the original smoker and when the park was expanded the city along with the Lodge worked together to rebuild the smoker. It's a community function and open to the public and vendors no matter who they are or where they come from.
4th - Nobody "blessed" the smoker. The only ceremony that took place was we fired it up to season it and cooked some steaks on it. Hardly a religious experience unless you are a fanatic of a great Rib-eye.
5th and Final - Our whole system of Justice, Public Education and Charity are based on Free-masonic principals. The Founding Fathers of our country were Freemasons and considered very Liberal thinkers for their time. When only the wealthy had access to Education and Liberty.

I find it odd that someone who considers themselves enlightened still seems to be in the dark.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Lea Marie Scott 9 hr LJay 2
crime in douglasville, ga (Jan '07) Dec 9 Tolerman 482
Smyrna police car Dec 8 Anony Mos 5
News Downtown businesses band together to shine spot... Dec 7 logic 6
Sleeping Naked (Apr '16) Dec 7 Wayne 5
Wolf in Sheeps Clothing Dec 7 taxpayer 112 9
Accident this morning traveling 20 west exit 4... Dec 5 Jerry Reed 3

Powder Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance