OBAMA GOES AFTER A THIRD and FOURTH TERM

Posted in the Powder Springs Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
frank

Carrollton, GA

#1 Jan 6, 2013
WHILE YOU ARE WATCHING ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT, AMERICAN IDOL, KIM KARDASHIAN,and walking around with your HEAD IN HOLLYWOOD,,,HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED.....
A bill was quietly introduced on Friday and sent to committee which would allow President Obama to serve a third, fourth or any number of terms.
According to GovTrack.US, U.S. Rep. Jose’ Serrano, D-N.Y., introduced House joint resolution 15 on Jan. 4, which proposes “an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.”
The measure has since been referred to committee.
Possibly Serrano got the idea from listening to a C-SPAN caller suggest that Obama should serve for life. Whatever the source, the very idea is insane.
Gabriella Hoffman agrees, and tweeted:“Govt Track proposing an amendment to abolish prez term limits? HELL NO. America can’t afford to have a dictator. govtrack.us/congress/bills…”
Chad Brand agreed and tweeted,“So, congressman Jose Serrano from Dist 15 in New York introduces resolution 15 to repeal 22nd amendment to constitution. What insanity!”
Of course, as others on the Twitterverse noted, while any moron can introduce a bill, it would still have to pass both houses of Congress and be ratified by two-thirds of the states. Good luck with that one.
Read the bill at GovTrack.US.
Fed up

Douglasville, GA

#2 Jan 6, 2013
frank wrote:
WHILE YOU ARE WATCHING ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT, AMERICAN IDOL, KIM KARDASHIAN,and walking around with your HEAD IN HOLLYWOOD,,,HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED.....
A bill was quietly introduced on Friday and sent to committee which would allow President Obama to serve a third, fourth or any number of terms.
According to GovTrack.US, U.S. Rep. Jose’ Serrano, D-N.Y., introduced House joint resolution 15 on Jan. 4, which proposes “an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.”
Possibly Serrano got the idea from listening to a C-SPAN caller suggest that Obama should serve for life. Whatever the source, the very idea is insane.
Gabriella Hoffman agrees, and tweeted:“Govt Track proposing an amendment to abolish prez term limits? HELL NO. America can’t afford to have a dictator. govtrack.us/congress/bills…”
Chad Brand agreed and tweeted,“So, congressman Jose Serrano from Dist 15 in New York introduces resolution 15 to repeal 22nd amendment to constitution. What insanity!”
Of course, as others on the Twitterverse noted, while any moron can introduce a bill, it would still have to pass both houses of Congress and be ratified by two-thirds of the states. Good luck with that one.
I pray this bill fails and intend to watch what happens closely.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Jan 6, 2013
I bet those that oppose this will be called raaaaacciiissssttt.... (racist).
Chicknbutt

Douglasville, GA

#4 Jan 6, 2013
Hell, I'd vote for Slick Willie again.

No chance of making it out of committee. It's a non-event. The only question to ask is why are our congressional representatives wasting time when there's real work to be done.
frank

Carrollton, GA

#5 Jan 6, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
Hell, I'd vote for Slick Willie again.
No chance of making it out of committee. It's a non-event. The only question to ask is why are our congressional representatives wasting time when there's real work to be done.
thats also what was said about him getting a second term.
Polemics

Douglasville, GA

#6 Jan 7, 2013
I realize it is a long shot but it would save the Nation. Just may be our only HOPE.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7 Jan 7, 2013
He submits this every year (for the past 3 years) and each time it's shot down. Why do you think this year will be different?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#8 Jan 7, 2013
frank wrote:
Kee-rist! Get a grip, would you? Dunno why but Serrano does this every Congress. See link below - he submitted the same when W was in office.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hjr...

I don't mind ignorance - I have plenty myself. It's those that are willfully ignorant that really get me.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#9 Jan 7, 2013
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
thats also what was said about him getting a second term.
*ahem* Not by me.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#10 Jan 7, 2013
FFFinger wrote:
He submits this every year (for the past 3 years) and each time it's shot down. Why do you think this year will be different?
Because the media wants to keep the hate going. Their jobs aren't secure unless they can keep the panic, sensationalism and divisiveness going. It has been on a roll for four years. Why stop now?.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 7, 2013
You might be right on that, regarding the press. The circulation of some publications is so low now it barely makes a full circle any more :-)

Still, the chances of this bill succeeding are about the same as the pope coming out as a gay atheist.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#12 Jan 7, 2013
Just another B.S. Bill that waste time but gets headlines.
Sandi

Atlanta, GA

#13 Jan 7, 2013
Polemics wrote:
I realize it is a long shot but it would save the Nation. Just may be our only HOPE.
Thanks to Obama we will soon be one of those third world countries you see on TV.
frank

Carrollton, GA

#14 Jan 8, 2013
I hope polemics is the first person who has to give up his car,any belongings,and have the communist government take all he has and hang him up on the wall for not doing what they say.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#15 Jan 8, 2013
OMG!

Can we please stop jumping on the crazy band wagon every time someone comes on here and post something just to get us all riled up. Clearly this is a bait thread.
frank

Carrollton, GA

#16 Jan 8, 2013

“I know, right!”

Since: Nov 08

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#17 Jan 8, 2013
Thank you for posting this. I was wondering about this but have not had time to research the full details. It makes me feel a little better knowing at least B.O. is not going for some sort of permanent dictatorship. Four more years and then hopefully this country can get back on its feet.
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
Kee-rist! Get a grip, would you? Dunno why but Serrano does this every Congress. See link below - he submitted the same when W was in office.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hjr...
I don't mind ignorance - I have plenty myself. It's those that are willfully ignorant that really get me.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 8, 2013
frank wrote:
Did you continue to click on thru your link?

PROGNOSIS
0% chance of getting past committee.
0% chance of being enacted or passed.

COSPONSORS
none

Since: Jul 12

Lithia Springs, GA

#19 Jan 8, 2013
Why bother for another term? We will just elect another loser for 8 more years.
Chester

Decatur, GA

#21 Jan 15, 2013
It's amazing to see how folks get so lathered up over stuff that ain't gonna happen. Ya'll are an easy crowd to get ginned up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
racism in Douglasville.. (Feb '12) 6 hr Tolerman 110
Why do so many Blacks drive with DEALER tags? (Oct '13) 6 hr Lester R 23
Bishop Eddie Long - Hypocrit, Bi-sexual, False ... (Sep '10) Sun Prophetess 54
Why does Kaiser Permanente hire so many blacks? (Nov '11) Jan 14 sanrad 49
How do you get your property qualified for sect... (Jul '10) Jan 13 Stella Landry 71
Review: 770 Cheap Rides Inc (Feb '13) Jan 12 Tolerman 41
Austell Natural Gas Jan 11 Elmer 2

Powder Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Powder Springs Mortgages