Gypsy community in Douglasville?

Posted in the Powder Springs Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Douglasville Resident

Douglasville, GA

#1 May 5, 2012
Check this out: http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-213...

So is there a large gypsy community here? And where do they stay? Just curious.
TheGreatDeceiver

Stone Mountain, GA

#2 May 5, 2012
There Is a HUGE community of them
In Aiken, SC! Huge mansions and hot young chicks always trying to get a young GI!!!! I was approached while stationed in Augusta for my "blond hair and blue eyes" and "purity".

No thanks on the sex slave and human trafficking market!!! I can do bad on my own!!!!
DouglasvilleNati ve

Douglasville, GA

#3 May 6, 2012
I have a feeling that this show is going to have some major back lash, especially from the long time older residents in town.
W O W

AOL

#4 May 6, 2012
I never knew they were here in Douglasville. Bo problem with that, but it makes this palce look bad when the dad said his sister was a victim of murder? Was she killed in Douglasville?

Where do they get the thousands and thousands amd THOUSANDS of dollars for those clothes? Those outfits were beautiful with bling.
W O W

AOL

#5 May 6, 2012
Mean to say NO problem with that..

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#6 May 6, 2012
Wait a second; I am confused (big surprise). I was bored in a hotel room; otherwise I wouldn’t admit the following: so I watched part of one of these episodes. I didn’t think they were in Douglasville. I don’t think any of these episodes were filmed in Douglasville. I believe the OP read the article about the show and was then asking if there are any folks like these living in town? Someone please clarify….and please tell me I am right about this.

Whatever the case, we gotta get the image of Douglasville and the county improved. I really really really really really really hope the subject of this show isn’t from Douglasville. I am still trying to correct the damage within my own circle of friends that the episode of Tabitha Takes Over did to my credibility of where I live.
Not A Gypsy

Douglasville, GA

#7 May 7, 2012
I watched the episode last night. They were definitely in D-ville at some points, but it's that part of the county that's right beside Paulding.They could have actually lived in PC. I had no idea the episode was even shot in GA until I saw several places in Dallas that I recognized. I thought the places looked really familiar, then they showed them driving past Merle's BBQ on 61. My mouth fell open!
Douglasville Resident

Douglasville, GA

#8 May 7, 2012
I watched last night. Sorry JBJ, this episode's featured 14 year old bride wanna be was indeed from Douglasville. It was prominently displayed several times with shots of the "Welcome to Douglasville" sign. I recognized Foxhall Farm (where the dad was working on his job) and Atlanta West Hair Co.(where the girl prepared for her big party). A friend recognized the big house to be one on Presley Mill.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#9 May 7, 2012
Douglasville Resident wrote:
Check this out: http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-213...
So is there a large gypsy community here? And where do they stay? Just curious.
Very interesting!
trystme

Atlanta, GA

#10 May 7, 2012
Wow, I had no idea.
presley mill

Douglasville, GA

#11 May 7, 2012
Douglasville Resident wrote:
I watched last night. Sorry JBJ, this episode's featured 14 year old bride wanna be was indeed from Douglasville. It was prominently displayed several times with shots of the "Welcome to Douglasville" sign. I recognized Foxhall Farm (where the dad was working on his job) and Atlanta West Hair Co.(where the girl prepared for her big party). A friend recognized the big house to be one on Presley Mill.
Yup that's the house on Presley Mill. They own A Bucks Paving on Bankhead. Girls went to Chapel Hill High. Was I shocked!
trystme

Atlanta, GA

#12 May 7, 2012
Many years ago my grandmother who lived off of Austell Road was scammed by some Gypsy Travelers. They intimidated a 90 year old woman into letting them pave her driveway. She paid them what they asked for then a few days later they came back and physically intimidated her into giving them more money. She didn't tell us about it for a few weeks because she was embarrased.

Location hidden

#13 May 7, 2012
Thanks D-ville Resident and Presley Mill for the info.

Now I'll have to get a season pass on DirecTV and explain to my wife that I am watching for research purposes only.

Now, I thought Gypsy's were traveling folks who didn't stay in places long? If these people own a house on Presley Mill and own a business on Bankhead are they really Gypsys or are they just white trash redneck hillbillys who called the show at the end of one of the Gypsy Wedding episodes and thought it would be cool to be on TV?

I find it ironic thought Foxhall Farm was in one of the episodes since 14 year old white trash weddings is the complete opposite end of the spectrum of the type of clientele they hoping to attract down there. I am sure it wasn't prominently displayed but if people recognize it...opps.

I'll have to be sure to thank Bravo and TLC for killing Douglas County a little more every day. Thanks for the info all.

Location hidden

#14 May 7, 2012
And I should clarify....I don't care if you are a Gypsy or a redneck or a little trashy but let's call it what it is and lets not parade your 14 year old daughter around on TV trying to 'sell' her off as a bride.....

I really do not care how anyone lives. It's a free country. As long as no kids are hurt in what people are doing and as long as my tax dollars aren't supporting your life style knock yourself out....
Douglasville Resident

Douglasville, GA

#15 May 7, 2012
The dad was doing a paving job at Foxhall. Actually it looked like he was spraying to keep the dust down on one of their gravel/dirt roads. And no, unless you've been there, you wouldn't have recognized it. No 'Foxhall' signs or anything.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#16 May 7, 2012
Joes Beer Joint wrote:
Thanks D-ville Resident and Presley Mill for the info.
Now I'll have to get a season pass on DirecTV and explain to my wife that I am watching for research purposes only.
Now, I thought Gypsy's were traveling folks who didn't stay in places long? If these people own a house on Presley Mill and own a business on Bankhead are they really Gypsys or are they just white trash redneck hillbillys who called the show at the end of one of the Gypsy Wedding episodes and thought it would be cool to be on TV?
I find it ironic thought Foxhall Farm was in one of the episodes since 14 year old white trash weddings is the complete opposite end of the spectrum of the type of clientele they hoping to attract down there. I am sure it wasn't prominently displayed but if people recognize it...opps.
I'll have to be sure to thank Bravo and TLC for killing Douglas County a little more every day. Thanks for the info all.
Gypsies are an *ethnic* group, if my memory serves me well.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Location hidden

#17 May 7, 2012
Will,

I agree with you that Gypsy, by definition, is an ‘ethnic’ group. However, by definition, they are also traveling folk. So, my question is are the Douglasville “Gypsies” really just playing the gypsy card and are they really just rednecks trying to get on TV? How can traveling folk own a house and own a business? And don’t gypsies typically screw people over….so usually they should show up, offer to pave my driveway and leave with my money but not pave it. Maybe there is some kind of financial assistance I can get being an ethnic gypsy????

When I happened upon My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding “accidently”(The British version) on TLC they were all living in trailer parks and apartments. Unless….maybe the Douglasville gypsies are squatters and paid that guy we were all on here bitching about a few months ago a few hundred dollars to learn how to squat in an empty house on Presley Mill?

I don’t know….I am grasping at straws here.

On a side note, Mr. Paving “gypsy” redneck did a nice job on the Fox Hall paving.(Or maybe he just was squirting it?) I drove on it recently. Not a rut in it.
Why Hire Him

AOL

#18 May 7, 2012
He called Douglasville girls sluts, loose, trash and other not so nice names! And so did his wife.

They are minors! If he feels this way about our girls, then why not MOVE!! Why did those "GEORGIA" (as he called them) girl parents allow their daughters to be on this horrible, trashy show?
The gypsy Boys said they were "Practicing sex on Douglasville girls so they can be ready for a real gypsy girl?" W T F!?

What were the parents thinking? Their reputations of the girls could NOW be ruined.

The owner of the paving business said he was a, Habitual Violator, and so was his brother. Yet, they were driving and it looked like DUI a FEW times.??

TLC = The Lying Channel
trainwreck tv watcher

Douglasville, GA

#19 May 7, 2012
Why Hire Him - he called them gorgers - the gypsy name for us regular people. I feel it's a little sad that the girl was only 14 and so desperate to be married. It's hard to believe that they are so 'pure' with the dresses, dancing and blatant guy chasing that goes on. Dad was definitely drunk behind the wheel several times - what kind of example does that show and was it just me or was he a little too friendly and loving towards his daughter sometimes? Each to their own, I guess.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#20 May 7, 2012
Joes Beer Joint wrote:
Will,
I agree with you that Gypsy, by definition, is an ‘ethnic’ group. However, by definition, they are also traveling folk. So, my question is are the Douglasville “Gypsies” really just playing the gypsy card and are they really just rednecks trying to get on TV? How can traveling folk own a house and own a business? And don’t gypsies typically screw people over….so usually they should show up, offer to pave my driveway and leave with my money but not pave it. Maybe there is some kind of financial assistance I can get being an ethnic gypsy????
When I happened upon My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding “accidently”(The British version) on TLC they were all living in trailer parks and apartments. Unless….maybe the Douglasville gypsies are squatters and paid that guy we were all on here bitching about a few months ago a few hundred dollars to learn how to squat in an empty house on Presley Mill?
I don’t know….I am grasping at straws here.
On a side note, Mr. Paving “gypsy” redneck did a nice job on the Fox Hall paving.(Or maybe he just was squirting it?) I drove on it recently. Not a rut in it.
JBJ, I "happened" on the British version of the gypsy weddings a "couple" of times and you are right. From what I can tell, they live in trailors and as a group just park somewhere until they are chased off. I don't think I have ever heard(on the show) how they make their money, but they must do it well because those weddings are out of control and MUST cost a fortune. They give new meaning to gaudy raucousness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is WRONG with Technology in Douglas Co Sch... 1 hr SchoolsRGR8 3
Douglas Co School Board (Apr '14) 11 hr Concerned citizen 41
$39M Foxhall Conference Center 11 hr Concerned citizen 33
Douglasville=Homelessville 13 hr Yes 13
Another Murder! Tue Grob Hahn 3
mike flanagan stop cheating your married Mon calhounf150 1
Seizures of cash from Americans fuel police spe... Mon Shawanna 5

Powder Springs News Video

Powder Springs Dating
Find my Match