Letter: Developer trying to buy a pol...

Letter: Developer trying to buy a politician

There are 8 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Jul 18, 2010, titled Letter: Developer trying to buy a politician. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Many of the "out-of-town" donations to Jane Dolan bringing so much bother to letter-writer Noel Wheeler are Sacramento-based political action committees whose members live and work in Chico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Absolute Truth

Chico, CA

#1 Jul 18, 2010
Are are under the impression that Larry Wahl is a saint. This is the beginning of the end.
bethevoice

Paradise, CA

#2 Jul 18, 2010
Our local politicians selling us out ?? No, this never happens...it's just a little nightmare. The alarm goes off (red flag) wake up honey...rise and shine to face another day full of unkind deeds, backstabbing, and lies. The only one to put your trust in is the Golden Politician Above. Pray for peace.tranquility.harmony.trut h.
AngryinChico

Redding, CA

#3 Jul 18, 2010
Larry Wahl is a tool. Some praise him for listening to speakers in city meetings, which is a good thing. But to think he will make decisions based on anything except what he personally wants is crazy. He'd probably try to sell Butte county if it made him a couple of dollars.
DICK

Chico, CA

#4 Jul 18, 2010
Absolute Truth wrote:
Are are under the impression that Larry Wahl is a saint. This is the beginning of the end.
soon to be a college town like Fresno
Anongrower

Paradise, CA

#5 Jul 18, 2010
All current politicians are tools of the elite. Why do you think you get to chose between the lesser of two evils when you vote? It is because you are presented an illusion of being free, and having a choice in where our country goes. The truth is, you are irrelevant, as the oligarchy will do what is best for their pocket at your expense. Wake up and smell the coffee folks! It's time to get rid of all incumbents, especially that dinosaur hack Herger!!!
Old Chico

United States

#6 Jul 18, 2010
Prison guards gave Dolen 5,000, and there are no prisons in Butte County? They did that because they appreciate that Jane likes fire fighters and cops? Watch the pea under the shell. I am so glad the political hack is out on her ear.
ballot stuffer

United States

#7 Jul 18, 2010
SOS
Sylence Dogood

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2010
Great letter and very informative, Caroline. Good job on the research, too. Most of those making the false claims re: Jane have either no idea how government and how the employee PAC's function, or are hoping no one else does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Graves is haunted! (Aug '09) May 28 Just me 35
Review: Takelessons Music Lessons (Dec '09) May 22 Pat Mauer 9
Review: Jim's Mobile RV Repair (Jun '15) May 11 Randy 6
News Young illegal immigrants discuss future (Aug '12) May 7 88kkk 11
Hi :) my name is Audi 5000 and I'm beautiful t... May 7 88kkk 2
News LA Rams Draft Jared Goff Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
finding prostitute in escondido (Mar '10) Apr '16 Want your wife 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Poway Mortgages