jv girls basketball coach

Posted in the Pound Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CONCERNED FAN

Max Meadows, VA

#1 Jan 26, 2011
I am a CONCERNED FAN of the JV Girls Basketball team. Their coach is Kayla Balthis, I go to EVERY GAME this team plays... HOME games and AWAY games. I have noticed how she only plays certain players EVERY game!! Skylar, Hayley Meade, Sydney, Hayley Stanley, Ally Stallard,.... Kayla..... NEWS FLASH.... There are OTHER girls on that team besides those players! You don't give these other girls a chance to prove to you what they can do... I have noticed how they sit over on the side lines hoping to get to go in and play, then maybe the last minute and half, u might put new ones in. That is a shame on ur be half Kayla, put urself in their shoes... how would u feel??? And then I noticed that at most games u don't let any other player play except the ones named above. U ought to see the looks on the other girls faces that didn't get to go in. GIVE THE OTHERS A CHANCE TO SHOW U WHAT THEY CAN DO KAYLA. You are more of a PLAYER than a COACH!!!! Why make these girls go to Varsity games as a PRACTICE when u don't even let them play, it a WASTE of their time as much as its a WASTE of ur time. And i have also noticed that ur so called GREAT GIRLS that u play all the time, has only won a few games.... Find out what the other girls are made of, you may be surprised!!! I heard that one coach on the 4-5 grade girls got replaced because she was just about like u.... had her favorites that she played all the time, and she wasn't teaching them ANYTHING.... HMMMM sound familiar Kayla??? Sounds like a clone of urself huh????? And from what i have heard, the new coach has taught the lil girls ALOT in abt a week...... how long would it take to clean up ur mess????? Word of advice Kayla, PLAY THE GIRLS EQUALLY.... I'd hate to see a bunch of girls hopes and dreams get shattered because their coach showed difference between them and the girls they thought was the best... OPEN UR EYES KAYLA! You know who I'd like to see coach the JV GIRLS BASKETBALL TEAM???? BILLY STANLEY.... HE HAS A HEART FOR ALL THE GIRLS, HE COACHES AND HE TEACHES THEM THINGS, AND HE GIVES ALL THE GIRLS THE SAME EQUAL PLAY TIME. Wise up Kayla and help these girls out, let each and every girl have a chance to prove to u what they can actually do, instead of making them sit on the sidelines hoping that their coach would let them in.....
wildcat for life

Madison, TN

#2 Jan 26, 2011
ever think that a coaches job is to start the best players an maybe,just maybe your lil angel might suck at bball?
kevin

Natural Bridge, VA

#3 Jan 26, 2011
I've been to most of the games also. Kayla is a very good coach. She plays the kids that can play. If u don't like it,take ur kid to Jenkins, because if she can't play at lb she sure as Hell ain't gonna play at Wise.
Yeahhh

Pikeville, KY

#4 Jan 26, 2011
I don't know which 7 & 8 grade game you were at but Billy only plays his daughter . He is a nice person but he sure didn't play everybody equally... & in hs it's more about winning than it is making everybody happy. & are you kidding me the people who play the entire game aren't even mentioned above , guess you are talking about the people you don't like.
Really

Natural Bridge, VA

#5 Jan 26, 2011
Do parents and or fans not realize that coaches give these kids the chance to prove themselves every day? It is called practice! And more than likely the kids you are mentioning that would the shot to play just can't cut it? I'm sure Kayla, or any coach for that matter, is doing everything she can to teach these kids and to win basketball games.
Fan forever

Langley, KY

#6 Jan 27, 2011
Wow! Jv basketball is great this year...and if u don't remember jv girls didn't win at all last year so the "girls who play all the time" have to be better than the girls last year. Teach your kids to play and they might not always be on the sidelines.
Parent

Roanoke, VA

#7 Jan 27, 2011
I suggest getting rid of Kayla and hiring Bill Gilliam..Bill has done a great job with JJ Kelly. I think he would love to coach at Pound!!!! The girls would learn alot more from him.
showbiz

Nashville, TN

#8 Jan 27, 2011
please you people that are bashing Kayla really need to think about what you are saying! there are only about 6 girls at most on that team that can play, period! When she has to go to the bench to find a player there is quiet a drop off in talent, i have been to just about all the games and she has done a great job with what she has! Granted she makes her mistakes but for heavens sake give her a chance, she will learn something new every day and this is her first year, so cut her some slack! As for Billy Stanley they dont know if hes their friend or their coach, and you cant be both! Bill Gilliam jumped ship a couple years ago, hes an Indian now so let him stay there! And if you didnt know, when a ship is sinking the rats are the first to jump ship!
a proud parent

Salem, VA

#9 Jan 27, 2011
My kid played for Kayla last year. Wait i should rephrase that My kid sat on the bench for Kayla last year, unlike most of the idiots on here, i see that my kid isnt the best player on the court or for that matter, the best player on the bench. Kayla was wonderful with my girl. Treated her and the rest of the players with respect. Thats more than most coaches around here. I would love to see her move up to varsity next year and even help Coach Dotson when the schools consolidate.
Say What

United States

#10 Jan 27, 2011
Hey proud Parent you called most the folks in this thread idiots. Did you even read the D*mn thread?
wildcats

Blacksburg, VA

#11 Jan 28, 2011
showbiz wrote:
please you people that are bashing Kayla really need to think about what you are saying! there are only about 6 girls at most on that team that can play, period! When she has to go to the bench to find a player there is quiet a drop off in talent, i have been to just about all the games and she has done a great job with what she has! Granted she makes her mistakes but for heavens sake give her a chance, she will learn something new every day and this is her first year, so cut her some slack! As for Billy Stanley they dont know if hes their friend or their coach, and you cant be both! Bill Gilliam jumped ship a couple years ago, hes an Indian now so let him stay there! And if you didnt know, when a ship is sinking the rats are the first to jump ship!
Bill isn't a rat you jerk!!! He would do alot better than what we have now!!!!!!!!!! It would be a blessing to have a coach of his caliber leading our girls!
showbiz

Nashville, TN

#12 Jan 28, 2011
jerk, that really hurt my feelings. Bill needs to stay where hes at, hes to good for pound now! and what caliber is Bill, a .22,.357,.243 or what? I bet you never even played the game
Fan forever

Ransom, KY

#13 Jan 29, 2011
Showbiz??? Did you say he was too good for pound?
wildcats

Roanoke, VA

#14 Jan 29, 2011
Bill knows how to motivate kids to do their best and from what I have been watching we need that type of coach. I did play basketball and we played like a team. It is supposed to be played with intensity. Bill could turn the team around and teach them to play real basketball. He could show them to pass the ball to the open player not just shoot everytime you get the ball. He isn't too good for pound. He would love to coach for us. He was given an opportunity and has do an excellent job for Kelly. I hope we get smart and let him get our team where it needs to be. Kayla could learn alot from Bill and the girls would as well.
Tonya Wells Mullins

Roanoke, VA

#15 Jan 30, 2011
This is my first time on this sight,and yes I am using my real name bacause I am not a coward. I dont like topix and I think its just a place to name bash for the ones that are too immature to go and talk to the person face to face that they have a problem with...with that said I would appreciate it if you would not put my daughters name on here. If you have a problem with the coach then go talk to her, the girls that are mentioned have nothing to do with this. They have worked hard to get where they are. If this is a "concerned fan" let me tell you what the parents already know..at the beginning of the season we had a parent meeting to make it aware that playing time was not a guarantee and that you have to earn your spot, this was also in a paper that had to be signed by all the parents before the season even started. I agree in elementary ball everyone should get equal playing time because it is to teach the kids how to play the game, by the time they get to high school its a whole different ball game..they are to show what they can do at practices and earn their playing time. At the high school level it is about winning not equal playing time, so the coach picks the starters (which are the girls whom the coach thinks puts forth the most effort and talent during practice) to play the game and give the team the best chance of winning.
Again, please do not mention my daughters name or any other girls name on here for that matter. If you have a problem with me or my daughter than talk to me, you can find me at the games.
showbiz

Nashville, TN

#16 Jan 30, 2011
I hear ya Tonya!!
chineasemiracle

Natural Bridge, VA

#17 Jan 30, 2011
kayla is awesome<3
hoops

Salem, VA

#18 Feb 1, 2011
gilliam should have a basketball camp for our girls
Disgusted

Paducah, KY

#19 Feb 2, 2011
I would just like to adress concerned fan and hoops...If you were such a fan and such a big supporter of your girls JV team, you would probably know that the girls have a really good shot at making it to the JV championship this year. Goes to show that that obviously Kayla is doing something right, especially since they didn't win a game last year.

If you guys love Billy Stanley and Bill Gilliam so much, here are you two options: 1st either take your daughter to JJK to Bill Gilliam where she may slop some seconds at the end of the game...But if you take her there, I know for a fact she won't play for Robin Dotson if she even gets the honor to be on their varsity team...2nd get precious Billy Stanley to start your own travel team and you guys can play whoever you want at the various tournaments offered every weekend! Billy Stanley and Bill Gilliam are the biggest jokes in Pound, and honestly if you think they are what is best for the team, you really need to re-evaluate your judgement skills...

It is such a shame that people in this town are so full of ignorance...We finally get someone in the basketball programs that cares about the kids, enjoys doing it, and we are winning games!!! It never fails though, some people have to run their mouth and try to ruin it for everyone else. If you want my personal opinion, maybe if you had taken your daughter around to play when she was younger, she would be getting playing time now and JV wouldn't be a learning experience for her...That's what AAU and little league ball are for...Also, this equal playing time crap that you preach about, again if you don't like the amount of time your daughter is getting, start getting her in basketball camps this summer and actually working on her skills, rather than bashing the coach because she isn't playing...

I think that it is a shame that this website even exists, because it does allow the idiots in this town to show what a coward they are by bashing someone anonymously...Seriously, if you were my parent, I would be ashamed...You have some pretty serious issues that you need to get worked out, and I hope that someone is able to get you the help you need.:)
Hunter 01

Murfreesboro, TN

#20 Feb 5, 2011
We probable did not win a game because KAYLA did not coach anything right. She is more less a player than a coach. She also has the wrong idea of what she is supposed to be doing. She should just give the job up to someone else. There has been alot of the players quit because they were setting on the side lines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curious 2 hr ANSWER 2
Who got busted on right fork for heroin? 16 hr Jack 11
Elizabeth ramey 16 hr Jack 3
Clintwood Mail Carriers Fri I heard 3
Adrian Childress Fri Rocket 10
Rebecca and Greg Seymour. Separated or not Thu uuuuu said it 16
Manly women Nov 16 haha 6

Pound Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance