Maggard Sales
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pound Guy

Roanoke, VA

#1 Sep 19, 2011
Anyone know if Maggard Sales is hiring? I hear that they are good to work for as long as you are on time and do your job. Any Info?
used to work there

Christiansburg, VA

#2 Nov 11, 2011
Pound Guy wrote:
Anyone know if Maggard Sales is hiring? I hear that they are good to work for as long as you are on time and do your job. Any Info?
Not a very good place to work very moody and always very demanding.Would not advise anyone to work there.
mme

La Vergne, TN

#3 Nov 11, 2011
Pound Guy wrote:
Anyone know if Maggard Sales is hiring? I hear that they are good to work for as long as you are on time and do your job. Any Info?
I would go up there and ask. Maggard sales employees seem very nice and seem to take their job seriously like they should
used to work there

Christiansburg, VA

#4 Nov 11, 2011
They may take there job serious,but all Archie does is come in around 10.Then looks around and complains about anything and everything then he will go to his his office and play poker for awhile then its back out to complain some more.Then that is his day.I would not recommend anyone to try and get a job there.You start your day at 8 in the morning and work till 8 or 9 at night with no overtime pay because it is salary but you can not leave early so if that is kind of job you wont then go for it.
sue

Ooltewah, TN

#5 Nov 11, 2011
I am sure he has the right to do that he is the owner, and has done a lot of work over the years on the road for hours everyday glad to see he is doing ok.
wishn

La Vergne, TN

#6 Nov 11, 2011
sue wrote:
I am sure he has the right to do that he is the owner, and has done a lot of work over the years on the road for hours everyday glad to see he is doing ok.
you sure dont know much about workn if sum 1 takes a job for salary an known there workn overtime theie goofy, and his tight ass should pay hourly but thats how he's got money by shittn an takn advantage of people. he could kiss my azz when he said salary>>!!!!
truth

Blacksburg, VA

#7 Nov 11, 2011
used to work there wrote:
They may take there job serious,but all Archie does is come in around 10.Then looks around and complains about anything and everything then he will go to his his office and play poker for awhile then its back out to complain some more.Then that is his day.I would not recommend anyone to try and get a job there.You start your day at 8 in the morning and work till 8 or 9 at night with no overtime pay because it is salary but you can not leave early so if that is kind of job you wont then go for it.
It's his business, I reckon he can come and go as he pleases.
used to work there

Christiansburg, VA

#8 Nov 12, 2011
All that im trying to say is that you work for salary and still have to listen to someone complain because he thinks that it isnt getting done fast enough or his way.And you just put in 10 to 12 hours without even a nice job.He can come and go as he please but he could also do a little better with his hired help.
DONT KNOW ANYTHING

Vinton, VA

#9 Nov 14, 2011
Maggard Sales has employees that has worked for them for years. They do not complain. You get paid salary plus bonus on total sales. We just dont put up with sorry people. So since your an ex-employee im guessing thats what u were. Sorry. As far as Archie he does not come in and complain every day thats the dumbest comment ive heard on here. Archie has had 2 open heart surgeries and is not in the best health. He has worked hard his whole life so i dont think its any of your business if he works or not. He has the right to come in or not come in. Im sure if you have the health problems that he has you would be on a disability check. So why dont you go get your self a job that pays you what you think your worth and leave Maggard Sales alone. My guess would be your not worth 5.00 dollars a hour.
sue

Ooltewah, TN

#10 Nov 17, 2011
Hey don'tknowanything, I am sorry to hear of Archie having heart problems, and awful sorry to hear of Dwayne passing I am a long time friend but had not seen them in years,, Tell Archie a friend from Cawood said to take care of him self and GOd bless him Sue.
used to work there

Roanoke, VA

#12 Nov 18, 2011
Dewayne was the best thing that Maggards Sales had.Since his passing Archie has been nothing but trouble.His wife left him because he though he was better than her,but boy was he wrong.He has always been hard to work for and always will be.Other people will realize that like i did.
seeking info

Roanoke, VA

#13 Nov 19, 2011
Someone doesnt seem to fond of Archie...I heard his wife left him.Dont know if theres any truth to it or not but I would love the chance to get to know him better. I would like to see if he is as sexy as he looks! I think there was someone with him,could it be he already has moved another woman in? I surely hope not!
wondering

United States

#14 Nov 19, 2011
To the person who has a complaint- you sound like you just want to get paid for being LAZY! If you worked half as much as you complain-you might be worth minimum wage. You will find any place you work Expects a full days work for a full days pay. Salary has a lot more advantages than minimum wage.
honestly

Roanoke, VA

#15 Nov 19, 2011
wondering wrote:
To the person who has a complaint- you sound like you just want to get paid for being LAZY! If you worked half as much as you complain-you might be worth minimum wage. You will find any place you work Expects a full days work for a full days pay. Salary has a lot more advantages than minimum wage.
Why do you feel you have to explain yourself?You seem to be bothered by the fact that someone doesnt like MAGGARDS!There are alot of people that doesnt...just get over it.If you think you paid employees enough or not dont let the guilt take over.It seems you are trying to justify your decisions on wages.Who cares what an ex employee thinks?
wondering

United States

#16 Nov 20, 2011
honestly wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you feel you have to explain yourself?You seem to be bothered by the fact that someone doesnt like MAGGARDS!There are alot of people that doesnt...just get over it.If you think you paid employees enough or not dont let the guilt take over.It seems you are trying to justify your decisions on wages.Who cares what an ex employee thinks?
I don't think you have any idea of what is being said here. Why do you care what others say?
honestly

Christiansburg, VA

#17 Nov 21, 2011
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you have any idea of what is being said here. Why do you care what others say?
Evidently I dont.I thought someone was complaining about being paid salary....I cant stand for someone to complain about wages or rules AFTER they are terminated.Where are the complaints while they worked there? As long as they are being paid according to labor board,then dont worry about it. I found out along time ago...there is no possible way to satisfy disgruntled employees...no matter how much you are liked.RIGHT?
honestly

Christiansburg, VA

#18 Nov 21, 2011
Futhermore,I enjoy reading some of the topix that are posted about our local businesses.secondly,I had a friend that worked there a few years ago. Like I told him,work for the company or quit but stop complaining!You cant satisfy everyone
Seriously

Vinton, VA

#19 Nov 22, 2011
No one and I mean NO ONE knows what Dwayne and Archie has went through to get Maggard Sales where it is today. They went months without a paycheck so their employees would get paid. I have seen both of them pull cash out of their pocket and give it to their employees because they needed new tires on their personal vehicle, or needed extra money for diapers. There is not another company in the state of Virginia that is going to pay a salary, plus a bonus check every month, 100% paid medical insurance (for the entire family), paid uniforms, and lets the employees drive a company vehicle home and pays for the gas. Does that seem unfair "Used to work there"???? I'd say you just felt like you are worth more than you really are. Oh, and not to mention the donations they make to the Shriner's, Ronald McDonald House, MEOC fuel fund so that the elderly can have heat to stay warm during the winter months. Sounds like you just need to get over loosing your job and move on with your life. As far as Archie's wife leaving him - It was the other way around! Get your facts straight before you start spreading garbage on topix! Or is that why you lost your job? You don't know shit!
DONT KNOW ANYTHING

Vinton, VA

#20 Nov 22, 2011
used to work there wrote:
Dewayne was the best thing that Maggards Sales had.Since his passing Archie has been nothing but trouble.His wife left him because he though he was better than her,but boy was he wrong.He has always been hard to work for and always will be.Other people will realize that like i did.
So now you know about Archies wife too. Im sorry to inform you but you are very wrong about Archies personal life. You are wrong about him being trouble too. Im guessing that your talking about your self. Maybe your wife left you because you dont work and sit on topix all day obsessing over Archie. Your obsession with Archie is getting a little scary. Do you not have a life?
proud of it

Roanoke, VA

#21 Nov 22, 2011
Seriously wrote:
No one and I mean NO ONE knows what Dwayne and Archie has went through to get Maggard Sales where it is today. They went months without a paycheck so their employees would get paid. I have seen both of them pull cash out of their pocket and give it to their employees because they needed new tires on their personal vehicle, or needed extra money for diapers. There is not another company in the state of Virginia that is going to pay a salary, plus a bonus check every month, 100% paid medical insurance (for the entire family), paid uniforms, and lets the employees drive a company vehicle home and pays for the gas. Does that seem unfair "Used to work there"???? I'd say you just felt like you are worth more than you really are. Oh, and not to mention the donations they make to the Shriner's, Ronald McDonald House, MEOC fuel fund so that the elderly can have heat to stay warm during the winter months. Sounds like you just need to get over loosing your job and move on with your life. As far as Archie's wife leaving him - It was the other way around! Get your facts straight before you start spreading garbage on topix! Or is that why you lost your job? You don't know shit!
Way to go....did you hear that?I did,it was the sound of you patting yourself on the back!Everyone should compliment their self if no one else does.Anyway thank you for all the donations,I am sure it was greatly appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittany Moore 27 min unknown 3
School Cuts 29 min Trump 12
Amanda and Lee Blair? (May '13) 7 hr A friend 4
Keisha lyall Thu curious 8
best athletes at Ridgeview Thu For the record 10
Local porn Jun 22 connoisseur 5
How to catch Husband Cheating. (Feb '13) Jun 20 Jija 77
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pound Mortgages