Taprock Northwest Grill making steady progress

Aug 4, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Tacoma Daily Index

“We're excited to offer a diverse menu that will feature fresh, local ingredients whenever possible. We are confident the new menu will provide delicious options for every family member.”

' It's been more than a year and a half since its predecessor, Mitzel's American Kitchen, was destroyed in a May 30, 2006 fire, and soon the new Taprock Northwest Grill will debut in Poulsbo with all the flair ... via Tacoma Daily Index

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Marilyn

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Is there anyway I can contact the Taprock NW Grill directly. I would love to suggest some vegetarian/vegan choices for their new menu!! I am unable to find a website for them. Thank you! Marilyn
Amy

Hood River, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

There is a way to contact them directly but they aren't taking suggestions for the menu, we already have one made up. All salads can be made with out meat and alot of our side dishes rock and they dont contain meat. You should take a look when it opens the 6th of Feb.
Moss Land

Wapato, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2008

Ordered burger at TapRock. Could not cut through it with my knife. Seriously! It was not overdone and hard, it was just this dense dense, hard packed rock like substance. I worried when they did not ask me how I wanted the burger done. Now I realize it was because it was pre-cooked in a boil a bag. Gross! Parts of it came off in sheets before I gave up and pushed it aside. If they select such poor food from their vendors for basic ground beef, what other icky stuff is in their kitchen? Horrible! I need to tell them about this.
Ashley

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2008

Tried the Taprock in Poulsbo while driving through- what an awful experience. Ordered the appetizer sampler and two appetizer salads, caesar was drenched in dressing, soggy, and mediocre at best. Everything was over-fried and tasteless, oysters were gross. Manager standing around watching, made us uncomfortable. Not to mention the horrid decor! Cherry on top? We BOTH got sick and had to stop multiple times on the way home to use the, uh, facilities. NOT a pleasant experience!!!
Nancy Poulsbo WA

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2008

Taprock opened in Poulsbo on Wed. 2/06/08 after a long anticipated wait. Very disappointing. Went to a late lunch @ 2:00pm and Ordered a "Dockside Baskets" Crispy shrimp & Chips, it arrived in record time, the fries had been cooked earlier in the day, were cold and limp the 5 breaded shrimp also arrived cold and two had the vain left in. Subsituted caesar salad for the cole slaw. Had to wipe off the dressing to see the lettuce which was soggy from the large amount of dressing the homemade croutons were tasteless and no seasosning has been added no lemon was offered. The wire basket my $12.75 lunch came in was half full. Ordered the Rainier Cherry Fizz cocktail which tasted like cough syryp and left me coughing after one sip which was all I could drink. 1/3 of the tables were empty yet they had customers standing in line out the door. Had hoped we would have a quality restaurant in Poulsbo and give Winslow some competition this is not the case. Will I try Taprock NW Grill again, NO. Waste of my $ and time.
Kris

Poulsbo, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Went to try out the Taprock for lunch today, around noon. Was not able to find a legal parking spot and after parking across the street in the Albertson's complex parking was greeted by a moderate wait time (20 mins).
This would not have been a deal breaker except I counted at least THREE empty tables with no one at them and looking ready for people and the small lobby had what I was guessing to be about 4-5 tables already waiting.
When I go for lunch, I will continue to go down to the front street area. They know how to handle a lunch crowd.
Sue

Port Orchard, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

Wow!!Wish I would have read all the comments before we went 4 adults and a 2 year old. We were told a 5 to 10 minute wait. Turned into 25 minutes. When we did finally get to sit there were empty tables everywhere. There is probably a reason that they do this?
The food, prime rib is tough and dry. Ordered Medium Rare, Fish and Chips were soggy and had no flavor so it didn't really matter that the portion was "child size"
If you are looking for an overpriced Dennys this would be the place to go.
No second chance for this place
cook

White Salmon, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

I worked in the kitchen, and they are overworked in a small space. Chefs ignored suggestions to improve the service for the line cooks, which means peoples food comes out wrong. >shrug< I had higher expectations myself, and while some of the food is good, I feel the place is handled like a chain restaurant already, and runs the serious risk or turning into an applebees. Or a fancy dennys. I won't be darkening their doorstep.
Chery

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Have been anxious to try out this place! Was hoping we finally had a nice steak house in this area. After reading the above comments (none of which had one positive thing to say) it was enough for me to decide I would be wasting my time as well as my money, what a shame, I'm sure we all had high hopes. Maybe in time the food and service will improve. In the meantime, I am glad to have read these comments and for now will continue eating in downtown Poulsbo! Hope eventually you get it right Taprock!
Mike- Port ludlow WA

Sequim, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2008

Why no breakfast???? Bring back Mitzels.
Gary

Hood River, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

What a shame.....thanks for the comments everyone,I live in Poulsbo and was looking forward to a decent place to have a decent meal (breakfast or dinner).By the looks of the comments they should have named it Crapsock huh??I won"t waste my time or money either,I will keep driving to Silverdale I guess!!
busboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

WOW, I have not eaten there myself, but I certainly don't plan on it after reading this. Their food really must be absolutely horrible because out of 11 comments no one had anything good to say, I'm shocked, but good to know.
Pam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

The negative comments on this site almost kept me from trying Taprock but, after hearing some positive comments from friends and giving the place some time, we went for a visit. It was GREAT!!! The restaurant was beautiful but was casual and fun. The service was warm and caring. They went out of their way to make sure my toddler was entertained and to answer any questions we had. The food was fabulous. Prime Rib to die for...cooked perfectly, tasty and delicious. My chinatown salad was full of fresh ingredients and equally as delicious. We were impressed with the quality of the food and service for the price. We had a great night out...with a two year old...for a great value. This place has figured things out and we'll definitately be back.
Chris

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2008

Oh my, what a waste of money at Taprock. Took forever to get seated and served even though the restaurant was 1/3 empty. The food was average (and that is being kind) and although not Taprock's fault directly, our server was rude and inefficient.

There is a lot more I could go on about, but I have already waisted enough time and money on Taprock.
Nancy

San Bruno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

Judged:

WOW, we had a great experience. It was packed for the dinner crowd, had a 15 minute wait. Our waitress Megan was awesome! The appetizer of crab dip with bread was excellent. The teriyaki salmon, kids burgers and crab cakes were delicious. I can't wait to return on my next trip! For all of you who had a bad experience, try them again. At the end of March when we went, we saw or had none of the problems previously mentioned.
Dan Seattle

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Wish I'd read this site before wasting the trip.
Brought my nursing home bound Mom out for Mothers Day. They were very accomodating with the wheelchair out in the aisle BUT the rest of us needed shoehorns to squeeze into the space between the massize table and bench backs ("12 at best)and we're fairly trim. Overeating is not an option if you want to slide out. Food, mediocre at best and the service was, well, weird. Hovering manager, waitress who was a little too free with her candid comments about the food,(I wouldn't try that if I were you").Yikes But she was right.
For the small forest they cut down to decorate the interior it had all the charm of an IHop. Sad waste of resources.
David

Bend, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

Glad I gave these guys a shot. Restaurant was cool. A good place to hang out with friends. Our food was awesome...burgers, prime rib and beer were all great. Our waitress took good care of us. We'll be back.
Michelle

Port Orchard, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2009

Yikes, this place got some scary reviews.

I'll be going back as I really enjoyed it. There isn't many vegetarian options on the menu. However, this didn't stop me. I had a Boca Burger and then bun was to die for. I want another.:-D

I'll be going back.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Poulsbo Discussions

Search the Poulsbo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jun 26 Elise Gingrich 708
Casey Kasem family fight continues at home in S... Jun 17 amw 1
One lucky man's $20 Harley (Jun '09) Jun '14 Snapples 2
Got a plan for your Halloween costume yet? (Oct '13) May '14 Carson Hearne 7
Curious about Animal Communication? Learn More ... Mar '14 Karen Cleveland 1
Debate: Nuclear Power - Bainbridge Island, WA (Apr '11) Jan '14 wdff 3
Silverdale woman charged with felony DUI (Jan '14) Jan '14 an old friend 1
•••
•••

Poulsbo News Video

•••
•••

Poulsbo Jobs