Concerns began long before Summer's d...

Concerns began long before Summer's death

There are 7 comments on the The Spokesman-Review story from May 22, 2007, titled Concerns began long before Summer's death. In it, The Spokesman-Review reports that:

“Summer does not want to go with him at all, does not want to see Jonathan.”

Washington child welfare officials logged at least a half dozen complaints about the adults in charge of Summer Phelps' care before the 4-year-old's death by abuse in March, newly released state records show. via The Spokesman-Review

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Spokesman-Review.

Angry Mom

Bremerton, WA

#1 May 25, 2007
What a joke our child welfare officials are. They let her mother give her to her dad after such recent accusations. What happened when the sexual abuse was reported? Apparently nothing. That poor girl should have been taken away from them both and put into foster care until they figured out what was gong on. At least she would have a better chance there, you would hope. I will not forget Summer and the Hell she endured most of her life.

Since: Jun 07

Poulsbo

#2 Jun 25, 2007
Maybe if we funded them enough so that they weren't totally overworked and understaffed we'd get better results. Instead, we get this crazy "government can't be trusted" mentality.

Would Summer had been better off if we'd had not welfare officials at all? No. Her only hope lay in our government stepping in and they failed her. But WE failed our government when we bought into the "less government is better" BS the cheap labor cons have foisted on us. "Drown Big Government in the bath" they claimed. Well we're drowning now aren't we?
Catherine Latour

Bellevue, WA

#3 Jul 16, 2007
As what should have been Summer's 5th birthday has passed, I urge everyone who cares to sign the Child Abuse Prevention Act at goPetition.com . We are hoping for 5000 signaturs and thre are hardly any from WA state. Do you care?
Mary

Oakdale, TN

#4 Nov 4, 2007
Angry Mom in Bremerton WA, I will not forget Summer either. Every time I think about the life she had I start crying. I wish she knew how much she is loved now, how many people have taken an interest in her.
Wondering

AOL

#5 Jul 22, 2008
Can someone tell me, did child protective service make summer's biological surrender her to the dad and step mom?
Wondering

AOL

#6 Jul 22, 2008
left a word out: Does anyone know if Child Protective Service made Summer's biological Mother surrender Summer to the dad and step mother?
Thanks
Andrea

Seattle, WA

#7 Aug 8, 2008
Thank you so much for posting the petition. You have another supporter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poulsbo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ILoveKickboxing Silverdale, WA (Jan '17) Jan 12 Mackenzie H 10
Float Center in Silverdale Sep '17 JoeInSilverdale 1
News British Columbia moves to block Trans Mountain ... Aug '17 Oil Barron 2
News Vigil for Matthew James Netter (Jul '10) Jul '17 Law and Order 5
I love kickboxing (Dec '16) Mar '17 Jennie Gezon 2
Debbie Bowers (Jan '17) Jan '17 Dave 1
News Momma Lynn Records Announces Splash Promotion C... (May '16) May '16 Poulsbo Fats 1

Poulsbo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Poulsbo Mortgages