Comments
5,481 - 5,500 of 6,362 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6216
Dec 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Goober of Gloversvillle wrote:
Hey, folks, let's keep it clean in here. There is a poster on this thread who insists on talking about mens' genitals, etc...
Thats not what Topix is for.
We are only discussing you extreme adulation of obama, which includes l..k..g h.s b...s

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6217
Dec 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

obama vomit wrote:
<quoted text>
We are only discussing you extreme adulation of obama, which includes l..k..g h.s b...s
I don't know what those LGBT acronyms stand for.

You're going to have to spell it out for us heterosexuals. Save the secret codes for when you're picking up dudes in airport mens' room.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6218
Dec 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

obama vomit wrote:
<quoted text>
refute this, you are a n obama ball licker
You're one step away from "I know you are, but what am I?".

Step up your game, son.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6219
Dec 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Goober of Gloversvillle wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what those LGBT acronyms stand for.
You're going to have to spell it out for us heterosexuals. Save the secret codes for when you're picking up dudes in airport mens' room.
Fill in the blanks, it says "licking his balls", what a dunce!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6220
Dec 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

obama vomit wrote:
<quoted text>
We are only discussing you extreme adulation of obama, which includes l..k..g h.s b...s
Haven't you ever watched Wheel of Fortune, ask Vanna for a vowel,

li.ki.g his ba..s ; see, even I got it, thanks Vanna, Pat, I'd like to solve the puzzle "Licking his balls" yes absolutely right.
Old men

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6221
Dec 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Old men trolls - once again - zzzzzz
WhatHasHeDone

Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6223
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Zeldo wrote:
<quoted text>
This president saved the American Auto Industry. The industry is now doing better than it has in years. The market is holding its own, and the economy is steadily improving.
Sorry, nobody's buying your argument. We know this 'cause you LOST!!!!!
GM aka Government Motors loses $40,000 per Volt it sells. Bond holders got the shaft and the Auto Workers Union got millions. But you believe the BS from your hero little Barry.
Rose Gardner

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6224
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

WhatHasHeDone wrote:
<quoted text>GM aka Government Motors loses $40,000 per Volt it sells. Bond holders got the shaft and the Auto Workers Union got millions. But you believe the BS from your hero little Barry.
You are just wrong!
Ray

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6225
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

What's wrong? Please pick one or more and explain.

1. GM loses money on each Volt.

2. Bond holders lost money.

3. Unions profitted.
Flipzo

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6226
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Ray wrote:
What's wrong? Please pick one or more and explain.
1. GM loses money on each Volt.
2. Bond holders lost money.
3. Unions profitted.
People like you are dangerous, because you simply don't understand the net gains for our economy. The number of jobs saved in companies that supply parts and services to GM has been estimated at upwards of one million. Get it? These people continue to pay property and income taxes, they continue to buy goods and services and pay sales tax in their locales.

Yes, bond-holders lost money. They would've lost money in a bankruptcy, as well. Investing is all about risk...if you can't handle that, don't invest.

Unions didn't profit, their worker got to keep their pensions, homes, cars, etc.

You simply don't understand economics.
Flipzo

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6227
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

WhatHasHeDone wrote:
<quoted text>GM aka Government Motors loses $40,000 per Volt it sells. Bond holders got the shaft and the Auto Workers Union got millions. But you believe the BS from your hero little Barry.
This is a myth that was started when a Fox News commentator suggested that each Volt costs $25,000 to build.

According to GM and its former head of the volt program, Bob Lutz , the Volt is actually on the cusp of break even at this sales pace. What this means is, excluding R&D costs GM is making money with each Volt sold, possible to the tune of $10,000 or more.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6228
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Flipzo wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you are dangerous, because you simply don't understand the net gains for our economy. The number of jobs saved in companies that supply parts and services to GM has been estimated at upwards of one million. Get it? These people continue to pay property and income taxes, they continue to buy goods and services and pay sales tax in their locales.
Yes, bond-holders lost money. They would've lost money in a bankruptcy, as well. Investing is all about risk...if you can't handle that, don't invest.
Unions didn't profit, their worker got to keep their pensions, homes, cars, etc.
You simply don't understand economics.
What we did in rescuing GM and Chrysler is effectively paid a premium to keep old American icons afloat because we are so rich we could afford to indulge in the luxury of doing so. Had both been allowed to fail, all those factories and workers could have been put to use by car manufacturers that understand how to profitably make cars that people wish to buy. We have rewarded incompetence and punished efficiency, never a good strategy for long-term economic viability.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6229
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Capitalism is a system of creative destruction, not a system of dinosaur preservation. How many potential auto companies did we squash be keeping GM alive. Is it morally right to eliminate opportunities for future entrepreneurs, because we want to preserve the wealth of those who were greedy and incompetent in the present day. Avoiding pain in the short term rarely leads to gain in the long term.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6230
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Flipzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a myth that was started when a Fox News commentator suggested that each Volt costs $25,000 to build.
According to GM and its former head of the volt program, Bob Lutz , the Volt is actually on the cusp of break even at this sales pace. What this means is, excluding R&D costs GM is making money with each Volt sold, possible to the tune of $10,000 or more.
Rubbish
Flipzo

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6231
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbish
Wow! What a brilliant response!

You must've worked for hours and hours on that witty retort.
Flipzo

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6232
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
What we did in rescuing GM and Chrysler is effectively paid a premium to keep old American icons afloat because we are so rich we could afford to indulge in the luxury of doing so. Had both been allowed to fail, all those factories and workers could have been put to use by car manufacturers that understand how to profitably make cars that people wish to buy. We have rewarded incompetence and punished efficiency, never a good strategy for long-term economic viability.
Hey, moron....those workers would've gone to work for Asian car companies. Is that what you wanted? Instead of returning to profitability - as GM and Ford did - they would likely have been cannibalized by Toyota and Nissan.

Maybe YOU want to see more Americans work for foreign companies, but the rest of us don't.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6233
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Flipzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! What a brilliant response!
You must've worked for hours and hours on that witty retort.
I don't need to, to recognize rubbish
Flipzo

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6234
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
Capitalism is a system of creative destruction, not a system of dinosaur preservation. How many potential auto companies did we squash be keeping GM alive. Is it morally right to eliminate opportunities for future entrepreneurs, because we want to preserve the wealth of those who were greedy and incompetent in the present day. Avoiding pain in the short term rarely leads to gain in the long term.
Hurry up.... the Good Ship Lollipop leaving!

Holy sh*t, you really are na´ve, aren't you?
Flipzo

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6235
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to, to recognize rubbish
The thing is, you offer no facts, only regurgitated bu11sh*t from Fox News.

Seriously, you are WAY out of your league on this thread, son.
Flipzo

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6236
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to, to recognize rubbish
Says the commie who wants GM workers to toil away in an Asian auto-factory.

You take that commie crap somewhere else.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Poughkeepsie Discussions

Search the Poughkeepsie Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr teddy Joe McCarthy cruz 6,341
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 18 hr Sham Hannuty 16,777
Review: Selux Corp (Dec '12) Jul 21 Pamela Struzzieri 14
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
Saint Cabrini worker charged with raping resident (Apr '10) Jun '14 Charlie nick name birdman 25
Review: Arlington Dental Assoc - Ira Stier DDS (Dec '08) Jun '14 unsatisfied patient 50
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Cmon Already 754
•••
•••

Poughkeepsie News Video

•••
Poughkeepsie Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Poughkeepsie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Poughkeepsie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Poughkeepsie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Poughkeepsie
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••