New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,690 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#17254 Dec 20, 2012
xdrunk wrote:
Hay Cringleberry,
Did you get the shaft too a Penn State????
xd
I was too old for sandusky, but if I had known, that cracker would be taking a dirt nap now.

Location hidden

#17255 Dec 20, 2012
LockSmythe wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...its the Conservative Right who has all the jokes..like Romney, Palin, McCain, Bachman, etc.
He who laughs last, laughs best. Bow to your clown, fool, the taxman cometh, and he cometh for thee.
Chumly

Jersey City, NJ

#17257 Dec 20, 2012
Hingle McCringleberry wrote:
<quoted text>
He who laughs last, laughs best. Bow to your clown, fool, the taxman cometh, and he cometh for thee.
He's not coming for me ... I'm not rich.
Sam

Alpharetta, GA

#17259 Dec 20, 2012
Draco is coming !

Location hidden

#17261 Dec 21, 2012
Chumly wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not coming for me ... I'm not rich.
Only a fool would think he isn't going to pay, but useful idiots are how liars get elected.
LockSmythe

Schenectady, NY

#17263 Dec 21, 2012
<quoted text>
Only a fool would think he isn't going to pay, but useful idiots are how liars get elected.
I'm sorry, but Obama won and your guy lost. Deal with it and stop acting like a petulant child. The fact is that Americans simply weren't buying the GOP's tired old theory that making the rich even richer is the best way to benefit the middle-class.

Only Tea Party rubes buy that hokum. It never ceases to amaze me that you Tea Party fools vote against your own best-interests. You vote to get rid of unions that protect workers like yoursleves, you vote to give tax-breaks to the wealthy so that their wealth will "trickle down" to you, and you vote to get rid of social safety nets that you will inevitably need.

Location hidden

#17264 Dec 21, 2012
LockSmythe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but Obama won and your guy lost. Deal with it and stop acting like a petulant child. The fact is that Americans simply weren't buying the GOP's tired old theory that making the rich even richer is the best way to benefit the middle-class.
Only Tea Party rubes buy that hokum. It never ceases to amaze me that you Tea Party fools vote against your own best-interests. You vote to get rid of unions that protect workers like yoursleves, you vote to give tax-breaks to the wealthy so that their wealth will "trickle down" to you, and you vote to get rid of social safety nets that you will inevitably need.
You have memorized well, all the rhetorical talking points of the class warfare, the hallmark of the clueless.

Now pay attention, it is about spending money we don't have, it is about spending every dollar where $.46 is borrowed. Do you understand it is not sustainable, do you understand the downgrading of our credit? Do you understand what it will be like when the dollar is no longer the Worlds' Reserve Currency?

Of course you don't, that is how an incompetent was re-elected. You fuel the fires of the arsonist and fan the flames that will consume you and this nation. You buy simplistic flourishes aimed at dividing through emotion, absent of all reasoning and logic.

When our creditors stop lending, the interests rates will rise very rapidly, and our currency will crash. The rich have options, all you have is empty rhetoric from your idol.
LockSmythe

Schenectady, NY

#17265 Dec 21, 2012
<quoted text>
You have memorized well, all the rhetorical talking points of the class warfare, the hallmark of the clueless.
Now pay attention, it is about spending money we don't have, it is about spending every dollar where $.46 is borrowed. Do you understand it is not sustainable, do you understand the downgrading of our credit? Do you understand what it will be like when the dollar is no longer the Worlds' Reserve Currency?
Of course you don't, that is how an incompetent was re-elected. You fuel the fires of the arsonist and fan the flames that will consume you and this nation. You buy simplistic flourishes aimed at dividing through emotion, absent of all reasoning and logic.
When our creditors stop lending, the interests rates will rise very rapidly, and our currency will crash. The rich have options, all you have is empty rhetoric from your idol.
Fine. Then lets abolish EVERY entitlement. You will recieve a check for your contributions plus 3% interest...that's it. No more worker's comp, no more welfare, no more disability, medicare, medicaid, farm subsidies or tax deductions...EVERYONE pays a flat-tax rate of 20%, PERIOD, no corporate tax loopholes, no deducting the cost of your car when you own your own business.

Like that idea?
LockSmythe

Schenectady, NY

#17266 Dec 21, 2012
All of you Tea Partiers who are on social security should stop recieving payments and get a one-shot check equal to your contributions, plus 3%...and make it last!

Also, no more free medicl care for seniors; that stuff is expensive! You'll get a stipend of about $2500 per year to spend as you please, and when that's gone, you'll likely just die of a common cold or ear infection.

Those are the new rule, live with them.
LockSmythe

Schenectady, NY

#17267 Dec 21, 2012
The problem with abolishing safety nets like unemployment is that - if I lose my job and my kids are starving - I'm coming after YOUR food...and NOTHING will stop me!
LockSmythe

Schenectady, NY

#17268 Dec 21, 2012
<quoted text>
How about we place an enormous tax on assault weapons. Want that slick new .223 with all the bells and whistles? Sure thing, only now its $4500 instead of $1900.

That'll pay for the security in schools.
LockSmythe

Schenectady, NY

#17269 Dec 21, 2012
I think I'm beginning to enjoy fiscal austerity!

No more deducting that pretty little pickup truck just because you own a painting business...nope those days will be looooong gone!

A flat, 20% tax on everybody from Microsoft to Mike Smith with absolutely NO DEDUCTIONS OR CREDITS works just fine by me!
LockSmythe

Schenectady, NY

#17270 Dec 21, 2012
Oh, and cut that military down to size, too! a fast 25% reduction sounds good to start.

And raise taxes on luxury items like snomobiles, ATVs and guns.
LockSmythe

Schenectady, NY

#17271 Dec 21, 2012
Let's face it, nobody NEEDS and assuault weapon, so let's tax and the living sh**t out of 'em...like cigarettes. Oh, and ammo should be also be taxed to the moon.

Call it a "school security tax".
LockSmythe

Schenectady, NY

#17272 Dec 21, 2012
END SOCIAL SECURITY NOW!!!!! Those people take FAR more out of the system than they ever paid in!
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#17273 Dec 21, 2012
LockSmythe wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. Then lets abolish EVERY entitlement. You will recieve a check for your contributions plus 3% interest...that's it. No more worker's comp, no more welfare, no more disability, medicare, medicaid, farm subsidies or tax deductions...EVERYONE pays a flat-tax rate of 20%, PERIOD, no corporate tax loopholes, no deducting the cost of your car when you own your own business.
Like that idea?
Where do I sign?

(We'd only need a 17% flat tax rate to pay down the Nat'l Debt, btw)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17274 Dec 21, 2012
LockSmythe wrote:
END SOCIAL SECURITY NOW!!!!! Those people take FAR more out of the system than they ever paid in!
Hingle is right, all you present are extreme aberrations, rather than a cogent alternative to spending reductions. We canot keep spending borrowed money, and there is nothing in the way of leadership, to revert to raising taxes, any Moron can do that.

I suggest you take a trip to the Social Security office and see for yourself who is sitting there. I can assure you, it is not your senior citizens, and if you need an interpretor one will be provided, it is posted right there on a large flatscreen TV, the Empire is being overrun.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#17275 Dec 21, 2012
LockSmythe wrote:
The problem with abolishing safety nets like unemployment is that - if I lose my job and my kids are starving - I'm coming after YOUR food...and NOTHING will stop me!
LockSmythe wrote:
Let's face it, nobody NEEDS and (sic) assuault (sic) weapon,...
Perhaps you'd like to reconsider your view that "no one needs an assault weapon" for self-defense in light of your manic threat to commit violent assault upon others in the same breath.

Your angry rant instead makes a prima facie case for all American adults who are willing, of sound mind, & not otherwise ineligible to be provided by Government with a defense weapon of their choice at no cost, to defend themselves and their families/dependents against dangerously psychotic madmen like you.

Since you choose to make such particularly frightening threats ("NOTHING will stop me!"), you would incline me to choose a semi-auto assault weapon in .308 NATO with high-capacity magazine. Fully warranted to cope with your level of threat; pretty sure it would, in fact, stop you.

Alternatively, you could grow up, take a chill pill, do some yoga and stop posting nonsense and making angry threats like this. We'll all be better off, yeh?
abc

Syracuse, NY

#17276 Dec 21, 2012
for sure
Smokin Joe

Selden, NY

#17278 Dec 21, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
Biggest school massacre in history. No guns.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_di...
Columbine High School had an armed deputy

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/17/1171... #

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poughkeepsie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Dutchess men face assault charges (Jan '12) 15 hr yolanda 9
Chirlane McCray Becomes Only First Lady to Atte... Oct 16 ncrespi 4
Al Sharpton: Obama's Racial Pyromaniac Oct 9 Swedenforever 86
love marriage problems solution call us +918054... Sep 30 maasulekha00 1
looking for (Jul '07) Sep 29 Melly37 5
12 New Places to Try for Your Next Great Pizza ... Sep 27 pizza 1
KONG CORP. Issues dog toy recall Sep 27 KONG CORP 1

Freeze Warning for Dutchess County was issued at October 19 at 12:14PM EDT

Poughkeepsie News Video

Poughkeepsie Dating