New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,706 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Can you say LANDSLIDE

Corinth, NY

#15667 Nov 13, 2012
Face of US changing; elections to look different
By CONNIE CASS and NANCY BENAC | Associated Press Mon, Nov 12, 2012

WASHINGTON (AP) It's not just the economy, stupid. It's the demographics the changing face of America.

The 2012 elections drove home trends that have been embedded in the fine print of birth and death rates, immigration statistics and census charts for years.

America is rapidly getting more democratic, and, more gradually, so is its electorate.

The trend has worked to the advantage of President Barack Obama two elections in a row now and is not lost on Republicans poring over the details of Tuesday's results.

Obama captured a commanding 80 percent of the growing ranks of nonwhite voters in 2012, just as he did in 2008. Republican Mitt Romney won 59 percent of non-Hispanic whites.

Romney couldn't win even though he dominated among white men and outperformed 2008 nominee John McCain with that group. It's an ever-shrinking slice of the electorate and of America writ large.

You can hear it in the voice of Alicia Perez, a 31-year-old immigration attorney who voted last week at a preschool in Ysleta, Texas.

"I trust the government to take care of us," she said. "I don't trust the Republican Party to take care of people."

"Both parties are getting the message that this is a new age and a new America," says Frey. "Finally, the politics is catching up with the demography."

For both Republicans and Democrats, he said, the 2012 election is a wake-up call that will echo through the decades.

http://news.yahoo.com/face-us-changing-electi...

The Repukelican party is OVER as a political force.

It's Democracy with DEMOCRATS all the way !
Time to make em PAY

Corinth, NY

#15668 Nov 13, 2012
Can you say LANDSLIDE wrote:
Face of US changing; elections to look different
By CONNIE CASS and NANCY BENAC | Associated Press Mon, Nov 12, 2012
WASHINGTON (AP) It's not just the economy, stupid. It's the demographics the changing face of America.
The 2012 elections drove home trends that have been embedded in the fine print of birth and death rates, immigration statistics and census charts for years.
America is rapidly getting more democratic, and, more gradually, so is its electorate.
The trend has worked to the advantage of President Barack Obama two elections in a row now and is not lost on Republicans poring over the details of Tuesday's results.
Obama captured a commanding 80 percent of the growing ranks of nonwhite voters in 2012, just as he did in 2008. Republican Mitt Romney won 59 percent of non-Hispanic whites.
Romney couldn't win even though he dominated among white men and outperformed 2008 nominee John McCain with that group. It's an ever-shrinking slice of the electorate and of America writ large.
You can hear it in the voice of Alicia Perez, a 31-year-old immigration attorney who voted last week at a preschool in Ysleta, Texas.
"I trust the government to take care of us," she said. "I don't trust the Republican Party to take care of people."
"Both parties are getting the message that this is a new age and a new America," says Frey. "Finally, the politics is catching up with the demography."
For both Republicans and Democrats, he said, the 2012 election is a wake-up call that will echo through the decades.
http://news.yahoo.com/face-us-changing-electi...
The Repukelican party is OVER as a political force.
It's Democracy with DEMOCRATS all the way !
It's time to make business PAY !
BOO fuggin HOO

Corinth, NY

#15669 Nov 13, 2012
Time to make em PAY wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time to make business PAY !
pay thru the NOSE !

THE FREE RIDE IS OVER FOR AMERCAN BUSINESS !
Concerned

Richville, NY

#15670 Nov 13, 2012
BOO fuggin HOO wrote:
<quoted text>
pay thru the NOSE !
THE FREE RIDE IS OVER FOR AMERCAN BUSINESS !
You are pathetic. The ride is over for our future who will never want to be self-made entrepreneurs and open a business. The ride is over for hope that young people want to make a difference on their own free will. The ride is over for the American way. We are now under another term with Obama who will force these dreams and hopes under a pile of government crap...literally.
Can you say LANDSLIDE

Corinth, NY

#15671 Nov 13, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pathetic. The ride is over for our future who will never want to be self-made entrepreneurs and open a business. The ride is over for hope that young people want to make a difference on their own free will. The ride is over for the American way. We are now under another term with Obama who will force these dreams and hopes under a pile of government crap...literally.
"The ride is over for our future who will never want to be self-made entrepreneurs and open a business"

BULLSHIT !

It's time the profits are limited to a realistic level for these companies...no more fuggin' windfalls at the expense of the taxpayer and the American people !

I guarantee....even IF profits are limited...to say...;15%.......there STILL will be 'entrepreneurs' for whom that 15% is enough !

And how does one limit those profits ?

TAXES !
Can you say LANDSLIDE

Corinth, NY

#15672 Nov 13, 2012
"It's time the profits are limited to a realistic level for these companies...no more fuggin' windfalls at the expense of the taxpayer and the American people !"

when a company can pay it's executives millions...HUNDREDS of millions...EACH.....each and every year.....

Then that company is making profits FAR above and beyond reasonable....and at the expense of the American taxpayer.

cuz shlt sure, if they were paying their fair share, they wouldn't be able to offer their executives that kind of money !
TeabaggerBob

United States

#15673 Nov 13, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you something...there will always be people who want to be the boss.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#15674 Nov 13, 2012
obama raises taxes wrote:
Since the election what do we have:
Stock market DOWN
Over 45 million on food stamps
More layoffs
More debt
AND a 500 billion dllar tax increase coming 1/2013
Strap in - "The markets are going to go into meltdown soon, so expect stocks to lose 20 percent of their value."

Time to go to ground with any money you've managed to keep out of the grasping hands of Obama/Pelosi/Reid's Washington.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49802535
Concerned

Richville, NY

#15675 Nov 13, 2012
TeabaggerBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you something...there will always be people who want to be the boss.
No doubt TB - but if you want to start a business and you have your flugalbinder idea that goes viral and you add mfg. jobs, sales jobs, etc. and you corner the flugalbinder market - now you have to lay people off, share your wealth, share what you built and give up your freedom to make it big. Paying taxes - we will be giving money to the ones with no drive, no entrepreneurial wisdom or gumption to make a dream a reality. We will have hands out. It will be 80% working their tales off and 20% gaining off what they made - by riding the new system...the Obama system. Do I think some companies make too much and give CEO ungodly amounts of money...sure. But giving their profits they worked for to the rest of the people that don't deserve it? If you are not in the flugalbinder business then why should you profit from it. BS.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#15676 Nov 13, 2012
uradope wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to gloversville.... trust me, you have bigger problems than having Obama as your president. My dog drops nicer turds than Gloversville.
Gloversville has the highest poverty rate in NY State - 13.4 percent, above the national average.

Our Gloversville Goofball is clearly right at home there.
cryin inbred repukes

Corinth, NY

#15677 Nov 13, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Gloversville has the highest poverty rate in NY State - 13.4 percent, above the national average.
Our Gloversville Goofball is clearly right at home there.
ROFL...I wouldn't know...I don't live there....my INTERNET is routed through there....

2 months ago, it was routed through Corinth...(look on back posts).

(betcha if I unplugged my cable modem for a week, I would be routed back through Corinth)

I actually live within 5 miles of Lake George....my kids went to the school there.

Look up THAT 'poverty rate', repuke!

ROFLMSLAOOOOOOO !
Can you say LANDSLIDE

Corinth, NY

#15678 Nov 13, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt TB - but if you want to start a business and you have your flugalbinder idea that goes viral and you add mfg. jobs, sales jobs, etc. and you corner the flugalbinder market - now you have to lay people off, share your wealth, share what you built and give up your freedom to make it big. Paying taxes - we will be giving money to the ones with no drive, no entrepreneurial wisdom or gumption to make a dream a reality. We will have hands out. It will be 80% working their tales off and 20% gaining off what they made - by riding the new system...the Obama system. Do I think some companies make too much and give CEO ungodly amounts of money...sure. But giving their profits they worked for to the rest of the people that don't deserve it? If you are not in the flugalbinder business then why should you profit from it. BS.
"If you are not in the flugalbinder business then why should you profit from it. BS."

Again, BULLSHlT !

They would not HAVE those 'profits' if they were paying their FIAR SHARE of taxes .

And nobody is saying "give those profits to someone else'.....it's time to pare down the national debt.

DEBT INCURRED BECAUSE OF CORPORATE WELFARE AND BUSINESS NOT PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE !
Redumblican Teabagger

Binghamton, NY

#15679 Nov 13, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Strap in - "The markets are going to go into meltdown soon, so expect stocks to lose 20 percent of their value."
Time to go to ground with any money you've managed to keep out of the grasping hands of Obama/Pelosi/Reid's Washington.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/49802535
lol! We Redumblicans are going down in flames!

Poll: If government careens off fiscal cliff, GOP to shoulder blame

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/...
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#15680 Nov 13, 2012
cryin inbred repukes wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL...I wouldn't know...I don't live there....my INTERNET is routed through there....
(betcha if I unplugged my cable modem for a week, I would be routed back through Corinth)
I actually live within 5 miles of Lake George....my kids went to the school there.
ROFLMSLAOOOOOOO !
most of the town's your being routed thru are SUNY college towns...
your ISP address is being bounced around due to the firewalls at your school.
Icarius

Queensbury, NY

#15681 Nov 13, 2012
<quoted text>
ROFLMSLAOOOOOOO !
On Judgement day, when obama stands in front of God, and God asks him, "Why did you destroy the greatest miracle I ever created, America, the hope of all Humanity?" What will obama say?
Icarius

Queensbury, NY

#15682 Nov 13, 2012
<quoted text>
ROFLMSLAOOOOOOO !
Which trailor Park?
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#15683 Nov 13, 2012
Icarius wrote:
<quoted text>
On Judgement day, when obama stands in front of God, and God asks him, "Why did you destroy the greatest miracle I ever created, America, the hope of all Humanity?" What will obama say?
He will say, "Elections have consequences. I am the Chosen One. EAT YOUR PEAS!"
Icarius

Queensbury, NY

#15684 Nov 13, 2012
Can you say LANDSLIDE wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you are not in the flugalbinder business then why should you profit from it. BS."
Again, BULLSHlT !
They would not HAVE those 'profits' if they were paying their FIAR SHARE of taxes .
And nobody is saying "give those profits to someone else'.....it's time to pare down the national debt.
DEBT INCURRED BECAUSE OF CORPORATE WELFARE AND BUSINESS NOT PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE !
Senator Moynihan called it the "Dumbing down of America", today we call it "obama gets re-elected"
Hastings Pudding

Pompano Beach, FL

#15686 Nov 13, 2012
Redumblican Teabagger wrote:
Poor ignorant inbred from NJ still hasn't accepted the fact that Romney and his followers got their azz handed to them.
Binghamton trailer trash continues Obama worship for free welfare checks and foodstamps. How babymama doin? And the illegitimate chillins? LOL
Icarius

Queensbury, NY

#15687 Nov 13, 2012
Cryin inbred repuke loser wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but it's so much fun mocking crying inbred repuke losers.
They cry like little girls.
Whose's crying? All republicans are millionaires and billionaires who don't pay their fair share and don't give people a fair shot in America, according to his eminence obama, why would they cry? That's silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poughkeepsie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Empty prisons could be put to good use Dec 14 Watching U 4
Al Sharpton: Obama's Racial Pyromaniac Nov 29 Go Blue Forever 93
Review: Arlington Dental Assoc - Ira Stier DDS (Dec '08) Nov '14 Jay 53
Debate: Drinking Age - Poughkeepsie, NY (Dec '11) Oct '14 V.Brown 6
Most Recent Comment Oct '14 Bundy 6
3 Dutchess men face assault charges (Jan '12) Oct '14 yolanda 9
Chirlane McCray Becomes Only First Lady to Atte... Oct '14 ncrespi 4

Poughkeepsie News Video

Poughkeepsie Dating
Find my Match