New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,718 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#15298 Nov 9, 2012
obama increases taxes wrote:
Obama just admitted his 2013 tax increase is coming and now he want to run away from it. The Voters elected Obama and his tax increase so the Republicans should just let the Obama tax increas go into effect. 2,000 to 3,000 more tax for the average taxpayer to pay. You voted for the Obama tax increase and here it comes.
Please! You make Mexican Mitt cry with your nonsense. It is people like you that cost me the election! You must stop letting others poop their nonsense into your brain. It makes us look crazy!

Why do you want to hurt Mexican Mitt you silly gringos?

Now I must decide which one of my houses I will be spending my time in to lick my wounds.

Viva el uno por ciento!
wrong moron

Buffalo, NY

#15299 Nov 9, 2012
Bill wrote:
first , their are only about 8% of the people in america getting help , welfare , food stamps ect. so the saying that welfare people carried Obama is wrong , second the republicans can continue the tax cuts , but they won't because it dosen't include people making over $250,000 , the Bush tax cut was set to expire at some point , and now is the time , its about time the polititions in this country started working together for us and not their party ...
Liberals lie and pick number out of their asses.

Food stamp nation: Americans depend more on welfare program ...

www.oregonlive.com › The Stump › Syndicated Columnists

Jul 10, 2012 – Rich Lowry writes: From 1 in 50 Americans on food stamps at the program's ... Getting a welfare brochure or referred to an 800 number for services is enough to ... When almost 15 percent of Americans are on food stamps, the ...

Where is the US headed if more than 100 million people get welfare?

www.caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/.../where-is-t... ...

Aug 9, 2012 – More than 100 million people in the United States of America get welfare from the federal government.... The most popular welfare programs are food stamps and Medicaid,.... They don't pay in a percentage higher than I do.

47 million Americans live in poverty. A huge increase under dog eater Barack Hussein Obama
Canjo

Indian Lake, NY

#15300 Nov 9, 2012
Obama INCREASES taxes wrote:
Obama just admitted his 2013 tax increase is coming and now he want to run away from it. The Voters elected Obama and his tax increase so the Republicans should just let the Obama tax increas go into effect. 2,000 to 3,000 more tax for the average taxpayer to pay. You voted for the Obama tax increase and here it comes.
Its not Obama's tax hike, it's just the end of Bush's tax break and it only applies to you if you make over 250,000 a year and it's all hypothetical at the moment. Stop being a pawn of FOX news and educate yourself.
yah

New York, NY

#15301 Nov 9, 2012
Obama INCREASES taxes wrote:
Actually the voters are on to the GOPPERS. In case you hadn't heard? We had an ELECTION this week and the GOPPERS LOST MISERABLY.

If taxes are increased for everyone, it will be because the GOPPER HOUSE forces taxes to increase for everyone. You know, because they are SORE LOSERS, with a deep denial problem, and all.

And heaven help them in 2014. If they think they got beat half to death this year? Just wait until they pull a boneheaded move like that. They're either going to compromise reasonably or they'll be answering to their own constituents for the lost military contract jobs that are going to come about in all those deep red states because 'compromise' isn't in their vocabulary.
liberal

United States

#15302 Nov 9, 2012
As a liberal I believe in FAIR. Therefore I think thay a FAIR tax starts when those paying nothing start paying something. A minimum federal fair tax should at least 1000 dollars per adult.
Obama words

Buffalo, NY

#15303 Nov 9, 2012
Indeed, Obama was not yet in the Senate, and the Senate had not yet voted to authorize the war, when, in a speech delivered in Chicago on October 2, 2002, he announced his view of the matter. Granting forthrightly that the Iraqi despot Saddam Hussein had “repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity,” and that he “butchers his own people.”Now let me be clear: I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. The world, and the Iraqi people would be better off without him.

Quotes from Barack Hussein Obama.

The audacity of hope.
TresZoom

Schenectady, NY

#15304 Nov 9, 2012
wrong moron wrote:
<quoted text>
Jul 10, 2012 – Rich Lowry writes: From 1 in 50 Americans on food stamps at the program's ... Getting a welfare brochure or referred to an 800 number for services is enough to ... When almost 15 percent of Americans are on food stamps, the ...
Aug 9, 2012 – More than 100 million people in the United States of America get welfare from the federal government.... The most popular welfare programs are food stamps and Medicaid,.... They don't pay in a percentage higher than I do.
47 million Americans live in poverty. A huge increase under dog eater Barack Hussein Obama
But you still lost, right?

See, it's not that Obama has done such a great job, it's that Romney did such a poor job of countering him.

The GOP lost because they thought that they didn't look at their calendars; it's not 1982 anymore. People are more savvy, and they've seen enough of Wall Street's shenanigans that they're not about to hand over the country to a slick-talking venture capitalist who's never made a car or mortgage payment in his life.
Romney is a venture capitalists. Venture capitalists buy companies, screw people out of their pensions using bankruptcy laws, then sell the remains for a profit...is that who you want defending our middle class?

The GOP asked the middle class to hand over their country to a guy who is so out of touch that his solution to getting a college loan was to "borrow it from your parents".

The GOP asked us to entrust our domestic jobs to a guy whose profession is to send domestic jobs overseas; a guy who took millions from the Koch Brothers and other corporate slimeballs.

The GOP asked us to vote for the guy who PROMISED to repeal the only national healthcare plan that this country ever had. A plan that would finally give uninsured middle class Americans some breathing room when they got really sick.

The GOP asked us to vote for a guy who called us "freeloaders". A guy who's real allegience is to money, not people.

The GOP asked us to vote for a guy who wanted to give tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans, and promised us that the money would "trickle down" to us poor folks.(by the way, "Trickle down" is the perfect wording, because you are getting p*ssed on).
Bill

Saint Johnsville, NY

#15305 Nov 9, 2012
wrong moron wrote:
<quoted text>
1 I am a republican , I looked it up on google 50 posts say the same thing , theres another thing I looked up 60% of welfare are Dems and 40% are Repubs , I know of at least 2 people that are on gov. help (welfare) that are die hard repubs so I'm sure that all welfare people didn't vote Obama
Ben Franklin

Pompano Beach, FL

#15306 Nov 9, 2012
TresZoom wrote:
<quoted text>
Your boy lost...get over it already.
The entire USA has lost.
liberal

United States

#15307 Nov 9, 2012
Bush has not been President for 4 years. Obama has approved these tax rates twice. They are the Obama tax rates snd it is the obama tax INCREASE coming in Jan. Obama voters voted for the Obama rates and here they come.
Canjo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not Obama's tax hike, it's just the end of Bush's tax break and it only applies to you if you make over 250,000 a year and it's all hypothetical at the moment. Stop being a pawn of FOX news and educate yourself.
liberal

United States

#15308 Nov 9, 2012
Romney offered to cut taxes for EVERY American. I guess Obama supporters don't understand we are ALL Americans. Tax the poor and the welfare leeches that is the Obama plan.
TresZoom

Schenectady, NY

#15309 Nov 9, 2012
Ben Franklin wrote:
<quoted text> The entire USA has lost.
Then leave. You'll not be missed.
liberal

United States

#15310 Nov 9, 2012
Record 70.4 Million Enrolled in Medicaid in 2011: 1 Out of Every 5 Americans
liberal

United States

#15311 Nov 9, 2012
Yep, I just checked, Bush has not been President for 4 years. We have the Obama tax rates and obama is going to INCREASE them.
liberal

United States

#15312 Nov 9, 2012
Let' go with Obama, Obama said everyone has to have some skin in the game. Therefore everyone not paying taxes has to start now.
Ben Franklin

Pompano Beach, FL

#15313 Nov 9, 2012
TresZoom wrote:
<quoted text>
Then leave. You'll not be missed.
Lowlife bottomfeeding leeches like you should leave. You have destroyed the USA; it must return to its former glory, before you raped it.
REPUKES LOST BADLY

Corinth, NY

#15314 Nov 9, 2012
liberal wrote:
As a liberal I believe in FAIR. Therefore I think thay a FAIR tax starts when those paying nothing start paying something. A minimum federal fair tax should at least 1000 dollars per adult.
Agreed

Only rather than a set monetary figure, the "FAIR" thing to do would be that everyone pays a certain PERCENTAGE of their overall income on their overall taxes.

After all, it's only the "FAIR" thing do do, don't you agree ?

Meaning...if the low or middle income schmuck has to pay an overall rate of 40% or 60% of his/her overall income on taxes (Land, school, income, sales, cigarette, liqueur, fuel, ect) AND in addition to government fees (Car registrations, licenses, hunting & fishing licenses,etc)...then so should the wealthier segment of society.

(after all, are not 'government fees" just another form of tax ?)

No loopholes, no 'givebacks', no 'incentives', ect.

And that also applies to Corporate America, given the rights given them by the Supreme Court in the Citizen United decision (giving them the same rights as HUMAN citizens).

No more corporate welfare, no 'incentives' to hire people, no 'tax abatement' schemes to entice them, etc.

If ya don't wanna hire people to make your business work, then close up shop and let someone else offer your services.

Doesn't that sound REALLY 'FAIR" to you ?
just announced

Cicero, NY

#15315 Nov 9, 2012
So we all agree that the people paying no federal taxes need to start paying their fair share. That is what democrats are FOR, Fairness. AND now that the Obama tax cuts are ending all the obama voters can start paying more in taxes. They can pay their obamacare tax, they can pay their increase in federal tax, and they can start paying the higher payroll tax tax. All great things are happening for the obama voters, you all get to pay more in taxes.
just announced

Cicero, NY

#15316 Nov 9, 2012
The government is flat out broke, Hurricane Sandy will eat up a lot of federal money. Obama does not need to buy the leech vote so what are we going to get for the next 4 years?
Higher taxes for the poor and middleclass
Less weeks of unemployment
Cuts in social security
cuts in medicaid
cuts in medicare
cuts in heat aid
cuts to all social benefits.

So the obama leeches get less but have to pay more
just announced

Cicero, NY

#15317 Nov 9, 2012
Yes so the welfare people that get a check pay a percentage. let's say 15%. So since you agree to that the rich that are paying 35% now start paying 15%. So you advocate lowering taxes on the rich and raising taxes on the poor. good idea, we can all stand behind that.
REPUKES LOST BADLY wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed
Only rather than a set monetary figure, the "FAIR" thing to do would be that everyone pays a certain PERCENTAGE of their overall income on their overall taxes.
After all, it's only the "FAIR" thing do do, don't you agree ?
Meaning...if the low or middle income schmuck has to pay an overall rate of 40% or 60% of his/her overall income on taxes (Land, school, income, sales, cigarette, liqueur, fuel, ect) AND in addition to government fees (Car registrations, licenses, hunting & fishing licenses,etc)...then so should the wealthier segment of society.
(after all, are not 'government fees" just another form of tax ?)
No loopholes, no 'givebacks', no 'incentives', ect.
And that also applies to Corporate America, given the rights given them by the Supreme Court in the Citizen United decision (giving them the same rights as HUMAN citizens).
No more corporate welfare, no 'incentives' to hire people, no 'tax abatement' schemes to entice them, etc.
If ya don't wanna hire people to make your business work, then close up shop and let someone else offer your services.
Doesn't that sound REALLY 'FAIR" to you ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poughkeepsie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Deetor Trading (Mar '14) 11 hr CatWomanInAMinivan 3
News Serrano, Gilleo face first-degree murder charges (Feb '07) Mar 20 Also related to t... 14
News 'Partners N Crime' linked to murders, racketeering (Nov '06) Mar 19 rigganthompson 41
Police: Woman's body found at shuttered psychia... Mar 18 steven 1
Review: Murthy Medical PLC Mar 14 MICHAEL THOMAS GI... 1
Review: Kevin Greco Law PC Mar 13 Topmeo 1
Review: Dingee's Towing (Jan '10) Mar 7 Once bitten twice... 11
Poughkeepsie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Poughkeepsie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]