Moi

Wappingers Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

I agree with hygienist who commented. It is very hard to get insurance to pay for deep scalings without proof which is x-rays showing bone loss. It doesn't surprise me at all though that the hygienists are up selling. There are dental offices where the goal is to sell bleaching. Is this dentist an oral surgeon or not? If he is not then he shouldn't be extracting wisdom teeth. I have seen this too many times! I am lucky to have had some experience in the dental field and know what type of dentist should be doing particular treatments. If nothing else , you should get a diagnosis and do your research before agreeing to anything . Deep scalings aren't something most people need to do in place of a regular scaling and prophylaxis. Often it is a one time thing that will help you to improve your hygiene, and perhaps following up every 3 months for regular cleaningswill keep you on track.
Smarty

Monroe, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Dr.Steir stole $100. from me!! They refused to refund my money, even though I cancelled 48 hrs. before appointment. DON'T GO TO ARLINGTON DENTAL. When they are asking for your credit card while you are still in the chair, that's a red flag. RUN, RUN, RUN! The office is archaic, and his assistant has an attitude problem. All they care about is money. My current dentist said I didn't need all the work that Dr. Steir said I needed. I wouldn't go there if he was the last dentist on the planet.
Calling it quits

Poughkeepsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

After dealing with the moronic policies at Dr.Stier's practice for the last 10 plus years, I'm finally calling it quits. No I will not call you to confirm that I'm coming- I made the appointment. You're more than welcome to call and remind me of my upcoming appointment but why should I have to call you back? I'm also not going to miss showing up on time just to be told on a regular basis that they are "running 10, 30, 40, etc. min late". No thanks - I've got better things to do. Yes they are significantly more expensive than other local dentists but I'm not one to be stingy. I'll pay top dollar for top service. However since the last few years I've had nothing but regular annoyances when dealing with this place I'll be moving on---and saving a few bucks when I go.
Kevin Kwant

Kingston, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

This is not the cheapest dentest . This is the best dentist office ,that stays on the cutting edge . Ive had wisdom teeth removeed by DR Stier . At least 6 fillings , 3 broken teeth repaird one root canal and 3 crowns .... Oh and i get my gums measured and yes i pay 962 dollars for deep cleaning because im smart enough to know they NEED
IT Haha . I would and will be returning !!!! Hope this Helpfull !!!!
Liz

Stormville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Horrible experience. Brought my daughters there for a cleaning. had already gotten 4 sealants a few months earlier... the ones that were covered by insurance. That is all we wanted. This was just their cleaning. The "office manager" came out to waiting room, small talked with me, put a clipboard in front of me to sign, while still talking with me. I told her I couldn't see it (the print was extremely small) and my glasses were in the car. and she told me not to worry.. it was just "to submit to insurance." I have since learned from healthplex that she was obligated to read it to me if I couldn't see it. She turned and gave a hygenist the "thumbs up." It was odd but I didn't think much. the girls were back there a very long time and every time I asked i was told the "nurse must have gotten busy." finally i insisted on knowing what was happening, and Karen smiled and said "well they are getting 9 sealants." I told her I didn't want sealants nor did I ask for them and she said "what do you think you signed for?" She then would not show me when I asked to see it. She got immense satisfaction out of completely scamming me. I then got a $600 bill. I called numerous times to speak to Dr. Stier but Karen said she won't "let him call me." She hung up on me. I have faxed, emailed, and left voicemails for Dr. Stier to call me. I have received no calls in 6 months. I have since read the reviews on this office and I see I am far from the only one to have gotten scammed. It is a sin that this practice is allowed to operate.
Eileen Pough NY

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Having read all the comments I can't help but wonder how in the world this dentist is still in business. I can tell you I will never go back there. Yes I have issues with my gums, but this practice of scamming me and not listening when I say I can't afford a procedure,to please give me the cleaning I can get from my insurance and was denied - out and out refused treatment. If that's not bad enough they had the nerve to tell me I must sign a form that "I refused treatment"!!!!!(when it was clearly the other way around! Unbeliveably Unfreakingbelievable. In the current economic state this country is in people haven't got this disposable income. I refused to sign the form and left. Do yourself a favor, don't waste your time, find another dentist do not go there.
Crazy

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Dr. Steir is crazy. I went with my boyfriend and he was telling us the prices and we were talking while he was bring up how much stuff was and my boyfriend was like if its 4000 for 2 teeth I can't pay that. Dr. Steir started yelling at him for talking about him when he sitting right there. My boyfriends like I'm talking to my girl not you and about money. He totally flipped out pulled the paper off his neck and kicked us out of his office. Smh the guy is flipping crazy. I think a person should be able to talk about what they can pay. Crazy....
Laura Maloney

Pleasant Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

You have to realize that dr. Streir isn't just expensive. It's that fact that he's telling you need things when you don't. That you have to get procedures done that you don't. And he has his office manager Theresa (also a biller) bill you and your insurance for procedures that you didn't even get. I recommend that if any of you have a good lawyer. See his ass. The amount of fraud this place has brewing is monsterous. Id love to see them be shut down.
Laura Maloney

Pleasant Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Kevin Kwant wrote:
This is not the cheapest dentest . This is the best dentist office ,that stays on the cutting edge . Ive had wisdom teeth removeed by DR Stier . At least 6 fillings , 3 broken teeth repaird one root canal and 3 crowns .... Oh and i get my gums measured and yes i pay 962 dollars for deep cleaning because im smart enough to know they NEED
IT Haha . I would and will be returning !!!! Hope this Helpfull !!!!
your clearly someone that works for him or is related. Because if you stepped in the office you'd realize that all these things you just said are completely false.
unsatisfied patient

Fishkill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2014

I too have fallen prey to there deep rooting rip-off scam....on what planet is a dental hygienist and a water pick worth over $1000 an hour???? After convincing me that I needed this done and assuring me that my insurance would cover it and i would only be responsible for a small deductible I relented. The entire rooting procedure took less than 30 minutes and I was given no novacaine(my choice). A few weeks I was sent a bill for $495 because my insurance denied the claim...they got no pre-authorization yet assured me my insurance would cover it. I refused to pay oj this little scam they have going and they sent the bill to a collection agency. Stay away..my wife and Son were also told they needed this service and I sent them to a new dentist....miraculously the new hygienist found no issues with either of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 50 of50
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Poughkeepsie Discussions

Search the Poughkeepsie Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr BJ Datta 6,332
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 6 hr Billy O Liar 16,768
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Billy O Liar 6,353
Review: Selux Corp (Dec '12) Mon Pamela Struzzieri 14
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
Saint Cabrini worker charged with raping resident (Apr '10) Jun '14 Charlie nick name birdman 25
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Cmon Already 754
•••
•••

Poughkeepsie News Video

•••
•••

Poughkeepsie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Poughkeepsie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE