Pet store opens in Poughkeepsie Galleria

Jun 23, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Poughkeepsie Journal

Pet Fashion, owned by Saddraqq Pets Inc., recently announced its opening at the Poughkeepsie Galleria mall on Route 9 in the town of Poughkeepsie.

Comments
21 - 40 of 46 Comments Last updated Feb 13, 2014
claire

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

some of you people are funny i think your a bunch of money hungry pieces of crap i think you bought dogs number 1 without checking up abut how to care for puppies no. 2 you shouldnt blame the staff i work in the mall and i see the amount of care and cleaning they put into that store and as far as the puppy mill thing how would they know if a dog goes in there with documention from a breeder how would they know 3rd the store was not closed down i think you buy a dog from a store then let god knows who touch 8 week old dogs that should be treated as a 8 week old child
claire

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

ladies and gentlemen if you go to a pet store you need to be aware that they have hundreds of people touch those dogs a day babies are not supposed to be handled that much
claire

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

Sue wrote:
I just bought my son a rabbit at this pet store on Friday night for his birthday, and now I am wishing that I had read these comments first as I sit with my heartbroken, sobbing son after being kicked out of the store by the mall security upon returning the rabbit who died in my sons arms on the way to the mall this morning. Of course, when I took the rabbit in, they tried to pin it on us and say that someone had squeezed the rabbit too tight, however, my son brought to my attention that the rabbit had not gone to the bathroom since we picked it up on Friday, and it was eating Timothy Hay. I told them if they refunded my money, I would leave the store quietly, and they would not, so of course, I uncovered the rabbit, and let everyone in the store know what had happened, in my loudest possible voice. I think it is ridiculous that they are still in business and I am sincerely hopeful that they are shut down forever!!
i was there that day you should have brought it to a vet instead of wasting time at the mall
regretting_it

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

For Claire.....I'm guessing you work in the pet store...very nice of you to blame the people who purchased these pets for their illnesses. I guess the hundreds of people in this area who bought pets from your store do not know how to take care of animals. I guess the SPCA who seized 7 seriously ill dogs do not know how to take care of animals either. Take note everyone....they do not care, this is YOUR problem and your fault....amazing.
mysterious v

West Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

@ claire, just by reading what you wrote to the poor woman whos rabbit died: You are nothing but a unsensitive piece OF TRASH who cares nothing about how these poor people feel, nor how these animals were treated in your store! Hey moron, the authorities rolled on in and took the poor helpless sick animals from YOUR freaking store... THAT MUST TELL YOU SOMEHTING YOU JACKASS! ALSO, THESE ANIMALS BEING SICK HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH PEOPLE TOUCHING THEM, ITS YOUR NEGLIGENCE THAT DID THIS NOT THE CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!! Go right ahead and bash me you idiot, I know I am right and your nothing but scum! how the hell do you sleep at night knowing your are just plain evil.
Lorie B

Pine Bush, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

this is why, when and if you are ready to get an animal, please, please go to your local shelter, SPCA, etc and adopt a pet. Even if you are looking for a pure breed animal, they are at your local shelters...spayed/neutered, up to date with all their shots, etc. Please adopt.
Kelly

Pleasant Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

YOU NEED TO CONTACT THE DEPT OF AGRICULTURE AND FILE A COMPLAINT - THEY WILL HAVE THE STORE INSPECTED,ETC. CONTACT BBB ALSO. I HAD TO DO THIS 2 YEARS AGO WHEN I PURCHASED A PUP FROM THE PREVIOUS STORE AND THEY ENDED UP CLOSING! DON"T GIVE UP!! I GOT ALL MY MONEY BACK, BUT I CALLED EVERYDAY AND REVISITED THE STORE WITH MY SICK PUP.
regretting_it wrote:
I wish we had done research on this store before we bought our dog from there. We purchased a puppy 3 weeks ago and within 2 days she had to be hospitalized with severe pneumonia. We spent almost $1600 to buy the dog and over $700 in vet bills. When we bought her, the store promised us she was not a "puppymill" dog, they only buy from reputable breeders...that is a LIE!!! I researched the name of the breeder after we she got sick...one of the biggest puppy mills in Iowa, with lots of charges and complaints about the puppy mill and selling sick dogs. They also said she was AKC registered, but didn't have the papers yet from the breeder...another LIE...she is ACA according to the hand scribbled contract and they cannot even tell us when we will get the paperwork if at all. We have contacted them numerous times and have been to the store a few times with the bills. They said it's up to "corporate" as to us being reimbursed. We said it's NYS law they HAVE to refund our vet bills. NYS law says we are supposed to be reimbursed within 14 days, and here we are 3 weeks later and cannot even get a straight answer from this place.
The sad part is that she was sick when she was there. Her health sheet says she was given antibiotics, so they were covering up her sickness. So 2 days at our house with no medicine and she almost died. Our vet said if we hadn't come in, she would have only lasted 1 more day. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this pet store!!!!!!!!
Ray

Asbury Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Claire, how could you defend pet fashion. I totally agree "TRaSh"
matthew

Ravena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2011

Judged:

My fiance and I just purchased a havanse puppy 11 weeks old a week ago. He has been to the vet twice already. Now we are on the way to the animal hospital to most likely be putting him to sleep. He has non stop throwing up and has parasite in his stomach he can't hold down his medicne or move. Please be aware of this store. We are about 1k in the whole right now. I notice there are many posts on here stating same stories. I wish we knew earlier. I will be going to this store in poughkeepsie galleria tomorrow demanding a refund. Now my two kids get a new puppy now he's going to die. Try telling that to a 3 and 4 year old. I will be in there tomorrow and will be puting up the biggest fight with these crooks. If anybody else wants to join me please contact me on here with a post. These people need to be shut down asap and I want justice now.
regretting_it

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

Hi Kelly - thanks for your reply, you said you got all your money back? do you mean for vet bills or vet bills and the purchase price of the dog?
Kelly wrote:
YOU NEED TO CONTACT THE DEPT OF AGRICULTURE AND FILE A COMPLAINT - THEY WILL HAVE THE STORE INSPECTED,ETC. CONTACT BBB ALSO. I HAD TO DO THIS 2 YEARS AGO WHEN I PURCHASED A PUP FROM THE PREVIOUS STORE AND THEY ENDED UP CLOSING! DON"T GIVE UP!! I GOT ALL MY MONEY BACK, BUT I CALLED EVERYDAY AND REVISITED THE STORE WITH MY SICK PUP. <quoted text>
regretting_it

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

Just wondering how it went for you yesterday??? We have been in the store MANY times and get nowhere with them. It's just ridiculous that they are still open.
matthew wrote:
My fiance and I just purchased a havanse puppy 11 weeks old a week ago. He has been to the vet twice already. Now we are on the way to the animal hospital to most likely be putting him to sleep. He has non stop throwing up and has parasite in his stomach he can't hold down his medicne or move. Please be aware of this store. We are about 1k in the whole right now. I notice there are many posts on here stating same stories. I wish we knew earlier. I will be going to this store in poughkeepsie galleria tomorrow demanding a refund. Now my two kids get a new puppy now he's going to die. Try telling that to a 3 and 4 year old. I will be in there tomorrow and will be puting up the biggest fight with these crooks. If anybody else wants to join me please contact me on here with a post. These people need to be shut down asap and I want justice now.
Catherine

Middletown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2011

Marcus,

I can't say for sure that your friend was personally responsible for the cruelty to animals that was occurring at this store, but if you had ever even walked past the store, or met any of the puppies that came from there, you would not be so cavalier. A good friend of mine bought a puppy from there, which ended up having an upper respiratory infection. It is ILLEGAL for a pet store to knowingly sell infectious animals. As puppies, they are highly susceptible to disease. It is the store's responsibility to provide veterinary treatment. I would argue that considering the fact that the owner of the store willingly signed over as many puppies as she did to the SPCA, it isn't the new pet owners that don't know how to take care of dogs.

Every time I walk past that store, I see puppies in pens caked with their own excrement, and insufficient access to water.

P.S. You can't sue the hospital if your baby gets sick when you get home, but if they release the baby and it goes home and dies, when they should have known it was ill and provided it medical treatment... You bet they'd be sued, and face criminal charges.
JRR

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

Marcus Williams wrote:
Hello, my name is Marcus.. I know somebody who works there and he came home really upset that people are making allegations that he is cruel to animals.. I know for sure all he talks about is his puppies, and would never do anything to harm them. Another thing, They are not closed so thats a lie. And they did not take the dogs because they where sick. they took a few dogs to get them checked up, and a few of them had issues..If they where that bad in the store and the puppies were not being taken care of.. Why would yall spend your money on the dog. Ok then. Maybe yall just dont know how to take care of dogs. Remember they are like NewBorn babies.. they are not play toys.. Would you let everybody play with your 2 month old baby without making sure they were clean.. so why wouldnt you do that when you take your dog home.. You cant sue the hospital if they advise you about care and you dont listen. Im sorry for any problems yall went thru but you all are going to far.. But they are still open and that must mean something.
I don't know what line you're being fed there Marcus or who put you up to posting, but you have no idea what you are talking about. I've been in this store and have seen the conditions so either you or your buddy are full of it. And, since when does the PD and ASPCA need to get involved in taking animals for a check-up??? Go tell your story to all the hundreds or maybe thousands of people that are STILL too stupid to realize what pet shops are and just can't seem to stop spending money in them. These people buy from these places and then whine when there is PLENTY of evidence out there what pet shops are really all about. Maybe someday people will get a clue, but I doubt it because too many people in this world are just too stupid to pull their heads out and see things for what they are. Animals will continued to be mistreated and die in mills and pet shops because of the stupidity of people.
JRR

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

Claire is obviously either in a state of denial, is ignorant of how pet shops REALLY operate or is making an attempt (a very lame one at that) to help cover up what really goes on.

Let's think for a second who the average pet shop employee is. The vast majority of pet shop employees I've seen, especially in malls, are the same teenage and early 20's types that in general have no clue about anything. They are usually more interested in which 'friend' is running with their boyfriend or girlfriend on the side or how to get over the hangover from the previous night of drinking (sometimes illicit drinking). The real world has yet to hit them square in the rear end, although they will profess to know everything about everything. Their opinions are typically not their own, but a collection of all the equally clueless thoughts of their 'friends'. They stupidly follow like sheep and believe the complete BS their pet shop managers/owners tell them. If they really know what goes on behind the scenes with pet shops and they had any self-respect whatsoever they would seek other employment.
JRR

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

Catherine wrote:
Marcus,
I can't say for sure that your friend was personally responsible for the cruelty to animals that was occurring at this store, but if you had ever even walked past the store, or met any of the puppies that came from there, you would not be so cavalier. A good friend of mine bought a puppy from there, which ended up having an upper respiratory infection. It is ILLEGAL for a pet store to knowingly sell infectious animals. As puppies, they are highly susceptible to disease. It is the store's responsibility to provide veterinary treatment. I would argue that considering the fact that the owner of the store willingly signed over as many puppies as she did to the SPCA, it isn't the new pet owners that don't know how to take care of dogs.
Every time I walk past that store, I see puppies in pens caked with their own excrement, and insufficient access to water.
P.S. You can't sue the hospital if your baby gets sick when you get home, but if they release the baby and it goes home and dies, when they should have known it was ill and provided it medical treatment... You bet they'd be sued, and face criminal charges.
Unfortunately Catherine, animals aren't viewed in the same light as babies. It has to be very frustrating as an ASPCA officer to see the things that go on and in reality not be able to do much to stop it. Abusers are rarely given the harsh sentences they deserve and until this is addressed it will always be an uphill battle with animals continuing to be mistreated and abused.
Ella Bella

Poughkeepsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Ok... I've heard a lot of bad things of this pet store and I want to cry! When I went to look at the pups some of them were happy and some were very sad. I saw one dog that got the chance to get out of that deathly cage, and was running around bitting a women's skirt. And then I saw a doG that looked sick and was laying down oh, and it looked like it was going to die! You gys no what? I think that this place should be sewed by all the people that bought sick dogs, and all the other dogs that aren't that sick should go to the ASPCA! And the dogs that are to sick from no love or no good dog food, sorry to say, but they shouldn't have to suffer and should be put down!lets just all hope that the place gets sewed or closes down, and the dogs and other animals will be ok!!!!!!!!!!
Ella Bella

Poughkeepsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

It's me Ella Bella again and I'm going to beg my dad to go to the mall and have a talk with theses mean abusive people! I mean who in the world would do that and what were they thinking? I read some pretty good stories and they should go on the news and the owner of the store and all the mean nasty people that work there should go to jail! And I'm pretty sure we have proof right? The animals are the proof so let's go fight for justice!
Ella Bella

Poughkeepsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

claire wrote:
<quoted text>
i was there that day you should have brought it to a vet instead of wasting time at the mall
You should just go to a different pet store. BUT look in to it first and ask a lot of questions and if they think your crazy tell them what happend with your other rabbit!
Ellen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

John S wrote:
Not to worry no more the P.D. and ASPCA went in yesterday and seized all the dogs due to illness and unsanitary conditions. May have taken months to get action but atleast it got done.
I had called the cops on them 2 days before the shut down and I am hoping that it was my complaint that shut them down. I went in the store last night 8/16/12, and the girl had eminem the rapper blasting in with the dogs so once again I am putting in a complaint. Hopefully we get this place shut down again
Lol 22

Highland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

I bought a dog cost me a lot of money the next day I found out that my dog Lucy has kennel cough then had coxida the next day I tried to wake her up so I brought her to the vet the vet said that the dog had died I kept crying because It cost me a lot of money for buy her just so she could die I hope no one buys here again &#128546;&#128546; &#128546;&#128546; &#128546;&#128546; &#128546;&#128546; &#128546;&#128546; &#128546;&#128546; &#128546;&#128546; &#128546;&#128546;

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Poughkeepsie Discussions

Search the Poughkeepsie Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 29 min teddy Joe McCarthy cruz 6,341
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 10 hr Redumblican Teabagger 6,359
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 13 hr Sham Hannuty 16,777
Review: Selux Corp (Dec '12) Jul 21 Pamela Struzzieri 14
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
Saint Cabrini worker charged with raping resident (Apr '10) Jun '14 Charlie nick name birdman 25
Review: Arlington Dental Assoc - Ira Stier DDS (Dec '08) Jun '14 unsatisfied patient 50
•••
•••

Poughkeepsie News Video

•••
•••

Poughkeepsie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Poughkeepsie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE