Ilion, NY

#5967 Jan 8, 2013
rockefeller
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#5968 Jan 8, 2013
De Opresssor Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
The average person pays about $325,000 into social security and medicare taxes over 40 years of employment. Let's just refund your contributions and let you fend for yourself after retirement...how does that sound?
PLUS the 40 years of investment returns that $325,000 would have generated when prudently invested by private inividuals instead of being confiscated and squandered by the federal government on annual consumption, and you're taking a fair deal and a lot of sense.

Making the vast majority of Americans responsible and free to save and provide for their own retirement years without "help" they don't need from a fiscally irresponsible federal government that can't even manage itself responsibly is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered.

Give all present SSI participants the option to either continue taking their chances with the existing sham government-run Ponzi-scheme system, OR opt out from the system by receiving a one-time lump-sum payout in the form of US Treasury Bonds, an amount equal to the discounted (at the US T-Bill rate) NPV of the actuarial estimate of future SSI benefits they are due. Once out of the system, they are exempted from paying any SSI Payroll Taxes going forward - and they are responsible for saving/investing for their own retirement years.

Provide a similar "opt-in or out" choice for Medicare coverage. Works beautifully with Nanny-State ObamaScare - we don't need both programs.

State-run welfare programs then take care of the truly indigent in all age classes.

Problem solved. You're a genius.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#5969 Jan 8, 2013
*talking

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5970 Jan 8, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
PLUS the 40 years of investment returns that $325,000 would have generated when prudently invested by private inividuals instead of being confiscated and squandered by the federal government on annual consumption, and you're taking a fair deal and a lot of sense.
Making the vast majority of Americans responsible and free to save and provide for their own retirement years without "help" they don't need from a fiscally irresponsible federal government that can't even manage itself responsibly is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered.
Give all present SSI participants the option to either continue taking their chances with the existing sham government-run Ponzi-scheme system, OR opt out from the system by receiving a one-time lump-sum payout in the form of US Treasury Bonds, an amount equal to the discounted (at the US T-Bill rate) NPV of the actuarial estimate of future SSI benefits they are due. Once out of the system, they are exempted from paying any SSI Payroll Taxes going forward - and they are responsible for saving/investing for their own retirement years.
Provide a similar "opt-in or out" choice for Medicare coverage. Works beautifully with Nanny-State ObamaScare - we don't need both programs.
State-run welfare programs then take care of the truly indigent in all age classes.
Problem solved. You're a genius.
``

There is no money to refund. Politicians will never yield the power that holding taxpayers dollars gives them. Office gives them a license to steal. And there is never enough money for them, it is about controling our lives, poorly.
ada

United States

#5971 Jan 8, 2013
ouch
voter

Canton, NY

#5972 Jan 8, 2013
cuomo who else is their
Interesting guy

New York, NY

#5973 Jan 8, 2013
nobody cares wrote:
<quoted text>No you don't. who cares.
Nobody cares, how can you vote for ppl who condemn the disabled like yourself... You agree with conservative thinkers yet if they had their way your disability checks would stop.

Call it the GOP version of 'tough love'. Remember, the Obama admin., is ensuring veterans funding continues nationwide, while the bush admin., reduced such funding for 8 straight years.

Should your new conservative friends contact the SS department and request they deny you further benefits?

Should they say, he can operate a PC therefore he can find employment using his PC while at home...

These are the people you troll just to be next to. They love their guns and complaining about America. I hope you don't use food stamps friend... Try explaining that one.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#5974 Jan 11, 2013
voter wrote:
cuomo who else is their
Tony Soprano, or Abbott and Costello
Sam

North Tonawanda, NY

#5976 Jan 11, 2013
I am I said,
I'm not Lisa,
Samm is Goot !!

Location hidden

#5977 Jan 11, 2013
Sam wrote:
I am I said,
I'm not Lisa,
Samm is Goot !!
So you like green eggs and ham, Sam?
re-elect

Brooklyn, NY

#5978 Jan 14, 2013
cumo
utica leaders

Utica, NY

#5979 Jan 14, 2013
AR 15 was never used feds tell the news at sandy see link http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp...
Bill Smith

Reston, VA

#5980 Jan 15, 2013
re-elect wrote:
cumo
Call my real estate agent, house is up for sale and i'm leaving new york, this is crazy. Just wait to obama tries to upstage cumo tomorrow. The democrats sure known how not to waste a trajedy to advance their agenda. Oh yeah little food for thought hundreds of children are killed by drunk drivers, maybe it will be illegal to own a vehicle or drink beer next, can u spell "communism"

keep voting democrat

Location hidden

#5981 Jan 15, 2013
Bill Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Call my real estate agent, house is up for sale and i'm leaving new york, this is crazy. Just wait to obama tries to upstage cumo tomorrow. The democrats sure known how not to waste a trajedy to advance their agenda. Oh yeah little food for thought hundreds of children are killed by drunk drivers, maybe it will be illegal to own a vehicle or drink beer next, can u spell "communism"
keep voting democrat
Oh, you're leaving New York...say it isn't so.
Ny man

New Hartford, NY

#5982 Jan 15, 2013
Anyone but cuomo...He pisses all over the constitution...
The Voter

Canton, NY

#5983 Jan 15, 2013
Not Andrew C., thats for sure

Location hidden

#5984 Jan 15, 2013
Ny man wrote:
Anyone but cuomo...He pisses all over the constitution...
Yeah, imagine not letting a retard like you have an assault weapon...it's positively un-American.

Location hidden

#5985 Jan 15, 2013
ALBANY Just 12 hours after the state Senate passed the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act, the state Assembly on Tuesday morning began its debate on what Gov. Andrew Cuomo called the nation's most comprehensive package of gun control legislation.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Assem...

You gun-freaks brought this on yourselves.
Old time citizen

Vancouver, Canada

#5987 Jan 15, 2013
Gov Coumo is bucking to be your next President. He doesn't care about New York. If you think he brought on this gun legislation so quickly to protect you and I, you are dreaming. All he wanted was to be in the public eye for his own personal campaining purposes and to draw attention to himself. All the legislation and laws they can bring on will never ever take guns out of the hands of the American People. There are so many guns out there they will never go away. Sorry, I still can't get the sight of him prancing in the Gay Parade...yet another one of his political feats to draw attention to himself. That is all this is about.
sandy hook

United States

#5988 Jan 15, 2013
Watch this before its pulled. http://gawker.com/5976204/behind-the-sandy-ho...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poughkeepsie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Dutchess men face assault charges (Jan '12) Oct 19 yolanda 9
Chirlane McCray Becomes Only First Lady to Atte... Oct 16 ncrespi 4
Al Sharpton: Obama's Racial Pyromaniac Oct 9 Swedenforever 86
love marriage problems solution call us +918054... Sep 30 maasulekha00 1
looking for (Jul '07) Sep 29 Melly37 5
12 New Places to Try for Your Next Great Pizza ... Sep 27 pizza 1
KONG CORP. Issues dog toy recall Sep 27 KONG CORP 1

Poughkeepsie News Video

Poughkeepsie Dating
Find my Match