Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Judged:

HE CHARGED ME $1000.00 for my car that i got in an accident with i told him i wanted my own company and he stated no just bring it to my shop and let the insurence company take care of everything.when i went home i thought about it and said no he is just trying to rip people off like most of the other tow companies around. I think the tow companies should not be able to talk to people who are in an accident because at the time we are not thinking straight and get screwed in the end. so before you agree to have your vehicle towed by any company think of your options.dont let people like this company say anything different.
ANGELO

Poughkeepsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Judged:

BOB, I think you must have the wrong company. i got my car towed by them for over 25 years and every time they have been very courteous and friendly. I would never call anyone else. They are very reputable and I will only recommend them to people.

Bob wrote:
HE CHARGED ME $1000.00 for my car that i got in an accident with i told him i wanted my own company and he stated no just bring it to my shop and let the insurence company take care of everything.when i went home i thought about it and said no he is just trying to rip people off like most of the other tow companies around. I think the tow companies should not be able to talk to people who are in an accident because at the time we are not thinking straight and get screwed in the end. so before you agree to have your vehicle towed by any company think of your options.dont let people like this company say anything different.
Frank Giolitto

Poughkeepsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Judged:

Hi There, I was looking for Dingee's towing number when I came across this comment board. I have personally used Dingee's Towing for over 12 years and have never once been over charged. (UNLIKE WHAT BOB CLAIMS) They are very helpful and there staff is helpful and professional. For instance, once my grandmother got locked out of her car when she was unloading groceries. Not only did these guys unlock her car but the driver helped my grandmother bring the groceries inside her house. If you are looking for a towing company thats fair and professional, CALL DINGEE'S TOWING...
Ryan M

Poughkeepsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Bob your insurance company probably paid for it, so why the hell would you care... I used to work for a company in NJ and 1000 is cheap. Also sometimes a certain company has to take the car because that highway is regulated or they have police lists. I never used or heard of Dingee's towing but found this comment board on google and thought it's funny about how people complain on the internet...

[QUOTE ho="Bob"]HE CHARGED ME $1000.00 for my car that i got in an accident with i told him i wanted my own company and he stated no just bring it to my shop and let the insurence company take care of everything.when i went home i thought about it and said no he is just trying to rip people off like most of the other tow companies around. I think the tow companies should not be able to talk to people who are in an accident because at the time we are not thinking straight and get screwed in the end. so before you agree to have your vehicle towed by any company think of your options.dont let people like this company say anything different.[/QUOTE]
JanieGraham

American Fork, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Judged:

ANGELO wrote:
BOB, I think you must have the wrong company. i got my car towed by them for over 25 years and every time they have been very courteous and friendly. I would never call anyone else. They are very reputable and I will only recommend them to people.
<quoted text>
I don't know Dingee's Towing personally, but if that guy is unhappy, there are many other towing options available. Just search the net. I recommend http://atlastowing.com
Eliza Winters

American Fork, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

Sounds like this company is not the one to choose. Thanks for all of the reviews. I would recommend <a http://towinginfillmore.com . I have used them a few times and they have been great. There are other options out there. I am glad I didn't pick this one. Thanks for the warning.
Seitz Terrace

Pleasant Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

Dingee's Towing is not greedy. In my (25+yr)experience their pricing is shockingly reasonable.$1000.00 is no doubt; in my mind, a "Bottom End" charge...if you were served by Dingee's Towing. There has to be " points of fact" omitted from your analysis.

I agree with Angelo's comment. I would add to the praise that Dingee is "highly accommodating and trust worthy" I can't stress this enough!

Please reconsider your complaint and retract it. You are steering the "newbies" in this area wrong!
Bob wrote:
Disgusted

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2012

Ryan M wrote:
Bob your insurance company probably paid for it, so why the hell would you care... I used to work for a company in NJ and 1000 is cheap. Also sometimes a certain company has to take the car because that highway is regulated or they have police lists. I never used or heard of Dingee's towing but found this comment board on google and thought it's funny about how people complain on the internet...
<quoted text>
Ryan - people like to complain about insurance rates but make comments like you did - "your insurance company paid for it so why the hell would you care".....if there was no insurance involved, the tow would have been 200 bucks. Pathetic

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

You folks who claim to be using these guys for 25yrs or more? What the hell kind of cars do you drive that you need to have them towed so much?

I think you should probably put that 1k back into your car instead of into the pocket of a tow company.
Bill fandell

Poughkeepsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Why are people commenting on this forum all the way from UT.. Ha. Anyway, personally I never had my car towed by Dingee's but rich from Dingee's towing unlocked my grandpa's car and he responded in 10 minutes and very reasonable price. Plus he looked and acted professional. I would call them again for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Poughkeepsie Discussions

Search the Poughkeepsie Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 9 hr marvinstevens 16,761
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sat lionland 6,326
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,324
Saint Cabrini worker charged with raping resident (Apr '10) Jun 19 Charlie nick name birdman 25
Review: Arlington Dental Assoc - Ira Stier DDS (Dec '08) Jun 17 unsatisfied patient 50
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Cmon Already 754
What's the deal with Kind Pools? (May '11) Jun '14 Unknown 9
•••
•••

Poughkeepsie News Video

•••
•••

Poughkeepsie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Poughkeepsie People Search