City Room: Video of Occupy Wall Street Protester Who Quit Job for Movement

Full story: FiveThirtyEight

Last week, Tim Weldon, 35, quit his job in Connecticut and moved from home to devote his time to Occupy Wall Street .
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 16, 2011

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

He searched for a job for two years. Finally landed one. And then he quits his job to go get smelly in Zucotti Park. His message? He has none! He has no clear message just like all of the other clueless boobs draining city resources and trashing the urban landscape.

This guy is a loser. He reminds me of Cheers' "Woody"; not quite here and not quite there but a harmless boob nonetheless.

Working on his Masters? He typifies a lost generation inside of American Academia.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

Being paid to help others find gainful employment didn't "have much of a future", according to him. Like being a bum is better? I'm sure his counselor at college told him the same thing mine told me; that I might not find a job in my area that was relevant to my major. Or that it might take more than three years to pay off the student loans. The smart student notices what's in demand, locally. Like how many local businesses are going to need or want to hire an interior decorator on a regular basis? Too bad reality hurts sometimes. This guy needs to stop pouting and get a backbone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Poughkeepsie Discussions

Search the Poughkeepsie Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr positronium 6,343
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Wed Sham Hannuty 16,777
Review: Selux Corp (Dec '12) Jul 21 Pamela Struzzieri 14
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
Saint Cabrini worker charged with raping resident (Apr '10) Jun '14 Charlie nick name birdman 25
Review: Arlington Dental Assoc - Ira Stier DDS (Dec '08) Jun '14 unsatisfied patient 50
•••
•••

Poughkeepsie News Video

•••
•••

Poughkeepsie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Poughkeepsie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE