The peace sign. Evil as Hell!!!!

The peace sign. Evil as Hell!!!!

Posted in the Potsdam Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1 May 29, 2012
Poopin Pete

Saint Regis Falls, NY

#2 May 30, 2012
You're seriously going to put this in two different posts? Pull that wooden cross out of your sloppy, furry vagina and steal two cents out of the church donation tray to buy a clue. Using your bullet proof logic that the origins of a symbol outlast the current meaning, the swastika, which was once used by the boy scouts of america, should be a happy and positive symbol right? You bible thumpers and your jesus-is-lord.com bullpucky make me sick and drive me farther and farther away from the child rapists of modern organized religion...congrats. I just can't believe that you are seriously going to attack the peace symbol now....it's just laughable.
JTC

Utica, NY

#3 May 30, 2012
or perhaps... just a sign of peace.

http://www.docspopuli.org/articles/PeaceSymbo...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 May 31, 2012
Poopin Pete wrote:
You're seriously going to put this in two different posts? Pull that wooden cross out of your sloppy, furry vagina and steal two cents out of the church donation tray to buy a clue. Using your bullet proof logic that the origins of a symbol outlast the current meaning, the swastika, which was once used by the boy scouts of america, should be a happy and positive symbol right? You bible thumpers and your jesus-is-lord.com bullpucky make me sick and drive me farther and farther away from the child rapists of modern organized religion...congrats. I just can't believe that you are seriously going to attack the peace symbol now....it's just laughable.
Serously,, you really have a lot of repenting to do then don't you. the sick and twisted things you say. the satan lead words that come out of your mouth. Seriously, may Jesus have Mercy on your soul.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5 May 31, 2012
JTC wrote:
or perhaps... just a sign of peace.
http://www.docspopuli.org/articles/PeaceSymbo...
Sing of peace. I think not. havent you read the history of the peace sign. Nero came up with it and he was one who killed alot of christians back then. he was trying to take away christianity all togethre. Satan lead liberals got people thinking it is a meaning of peace. It is not. Look at the prophicies in the book of revalations my dear, you see most have came true. and more on the way.
it won't be long before Christ comes back to claim his people. It may seem as ridculous to you, but then again if your not a true born again Christian and ask Jesus for guidance. Those wouldn't understand the true meaning of being a follower of Jesus.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6 May 31, 2012
Poopin Pete wrote:
You're seriously going to put this in two different posts? Pull that wooden cross out of your sloppy, furry vagina and steal two cents out of the church donation tray to buy a clue. Using your bullet proof logic that the origins of a symbol outlast the current meaning, the swastika, which was once used by the boy scouts of america, should be a happy and positive symbol right? You bible thumpers and your jesus-is-lord.com bullpucky make me sick and drive me farther and farther away from the child rapists of modern organized religion...congrats. I just can't believe that you are seriously going to attack the peace symbol now....it's just laughable.
Sir Are you a born again Christian? if not than you simply wouldn't understand the whole meaning of the peace sign and why so many are miss lead about it.
JTC

Utica, NY

#7 Jun 1, 2012
Cammie39 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sing of peace. I think not. havent you read the history of the peace sign. Nero came up with it and he was one who killed alot of christians back then. he was trying to take away christianity all togethre. Satan lead liberals got people thinking it is a meaning of peace. It is not. Look at the prophicies in the book of revalations my dear, you see most have came true. and more on the way.
it won't be long before Christ comes back to claim his people. It may seem as ridculous to you, but then again if your not a true born again Christian and ask Jesus for guidance. Those wouldn't understand the true meaning of being a follower of Jesus.
Symbols are like words... they mean what you chose them to mean. I can guarantee that the majority of people who have embraced the "peace" symbol in the past 50 years are not Satan loving heathens. They see the symbol as just that... a symbol of peace. It has evolved. Now I know you don't like that word. But it is a fact of life. Science is very hard to disprove... it is pretty much fact. Perhaps you should open your mind to some education and less Bible thumping hate.

Extreme Christians don't like a "liberal" education because it shows people that there are more philosophies in the world that have the same basic principles. It is threatening to those in power who are benefiting from their "religion" either by ego or financially. A "liberal" education doesn't create fiction, it educates people on more than just one idea.

I ask you why is that you speak ONLY about born again Christians? How arrogant and narrow minded of you to think that only those belonging to YOUR church are loved by Jesus. I was raised Christian and believe the basic principles of treating others as you would treat yourself are extremely important. However, it seems that the majority of American Christians have chosen to stray from the non-judgemental, loving teachings of the Bible. Instead you chose to justify your hate and judgement with outdated passages from this Bible, which might I add, was written by people based on their own experiences in an ancient society AND THEN translated by more people. If the Bible was as sacred as everyone claims it to be, there wouldn't be such wide variations of it. So many people over the last 2000 years have chosen to interpret the Bible to suite their personal interests... not those of society. Anything written by man should be taken with a grain of salt.

I would also like to add that your rant against liberals is also very narrow minded... There are good and bad people on both sides of that fence. I'm sure there are a fair amount of born again Christians who have aspects of their lives they wouldn't want anyone to see. I don't understand why you want to condemn everyone who doesn't believe exactly what you believe. Education is NOT evil. There are how many billions of people in this world and how many are your born again Christian? There are certainly more good, decent, compassionate people than just born again Christians. I'm disgusted by your arrogance... and I don't find it to be terribly Christian.

For clarity sake, I do believe that Jesus existed. I believe he was a great leader and a caring, loving, human being and he set a great example for people to live by. I have my doubts about immaculate conception. I have my doubts about rising from the dead... Chances are, he was in a coma. I would like to also point out that he was Jewish.

That is it for my rant. I have left organized religion because of people like you... Uneducated sheep blindly following out of fear created by men who love to have power over others. Be an individual, treat others well, love one another and embrace each others differences. My "faith" tells me that I am loved by whatever greater power exists because I am caring and loving... Not because I blindly follow the teachings of flawed men interpreting a book written by other flawed men 2000 years ago.
The history

Utica, NY

#8 Jun 1, 2012
The internationally recognized symbol for peace was originally designed for the British nuclear disarmament movement by Gerald Holtom in 1958.[49] Holtom, an artist and designer, made it for a march from Trafalgar Square, London to the Atomic Weapons Research Establishment at Aldermaston in England, organised by the Direct Action Committee to take place in April and supported by the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND).[49][50][51][52] Holtom's design, the original of which is housed in the Peace Museum in Bradford, England, was adapted by Eric Austen (19221999) to ceramic lapel badges.[53][54]

The symbol is a combination of the semaphore signals for the letters "N" and "D," standing for "nuclear disarmament".[49] In semaphore the letter "N" is formed by a person holding two flags in an upside-down "V," and the letter "D" is formed by holding one flag pointed straight up and the other pointed straight down. Superimposing these two signs forms the shape of the centre of the peace symbol.[49][55][56] Holtom later wrote to Hugh Brock, editor of Peace News, explaining the genesis of his idea in greater depth: "I was in despair. Deep despair. I drew myself: the representative of an individual in despair, with hands palm outstretched outwards and downwards in the manner of Goya's peasant before the firing squad. I formalised the drawing into a line and put a circle round it."[56] Ken Kolsbum, a correspondent of Holtom's, says that the designer came to regret the symbolism of despair, as he felt that peace was something to be celebrated and wanted the symbol to be inverted.[57] Eric Austen is said to have "discovered that the 'gesture of despair' motif had long been associated with 'the death of man', and the circle with 'the unborn child',"[53] possibly referring to images in Rudolf Koch's The Book of Signs,(Das Zeichenbuch, 1923) an English edition of which had been published in 1955.[58]


Semaphore for "N"

Semaphore for "D"
The symbol became the badge of CND and wearing it became a sign of support for the campaign for unilateral nuclear disarmament by Britain. An account of CND's early history described it as "a visual adhesive to bind the [Aldermaston] March and later the whole Campaign together ... probably the most powerful, memorable and adaptable image ever designed for a secular cause."[53]

Not patented or restricted, the symbol spread beyond CND and was adopted by the wider anti-war movement. It became known in the United States in 1958 when Albert Bigelow, a pacifist protester, sailed a small boat fitted with the CND banner into the vicinity of a nuclear test.[59] Buttons with the symbol were imported into the United States in 1960 by Philip Altbach, a freshman at the University of Chicago. Altbach had traveled to England to meet with British peace groups as a delegate from the Student Peace Union (SPU) and on his return he persuaded the SPU to adopt the symbol. Between 1960 and 1964 they sold thousands of the buttons on college campuses. By end of the decade it had become a generic peace sign,[60] crossing national and cultural boundaries.
The history

Utica, NY

#9 Jun 1, 2012
A number of peace symbols have been used in various cultures and contexts, one of the most ancient being the olive branch. The symbol of the dove and olive branch was used by early Christians and was later adopted as a secular symbol. It was popularized by Pablo Picasso in 1949 and became widely used in the post-war peace movement. In the 20th century the peace sign as it is commonly known today was designed for and adopted by the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament.[1] The V hand signal and the peace flag became international peace symbols.
idiot

Utica, NY

#10 Jun 1, 2012
Cammie39 wrote:
<quoted text>Sing of peace. I think not. havent you read the history of the peace sign. Nero came up with it and he was one who killed alot of christians back then. he was trying to take away christianity all togethre. Satan lead liberals got people thinking it is a meaning of peace. It is not. Look at the prophicies in the book of revalations my dear, you see most have came true. and more on the way.
it won't be long before Christ comes back to claim his people. It may seem as ridculous to you, but then again if your not a true born again Christian and ask Jesus for guidance. Those wouldn't understand the true meaning of being a follower of Jesus.
you're going to be awfully surprised when you're burning in hell!
Poopin Pete

Saint Regis Falls, NY

#11 Jun 5, 2012
So Cammie, what about all those preachers who put their fingers and peckers in little innocent boy's anuses? These poor sweet children who turn to the church for guidance and hope but end up on their knees in the rectory, and not to pray either. What do you think that the cross represents to them? Peace and love? Nope...it represents the weeks, months and years of sexual violation suffered at the hands of the institution you speak so highly of...so clearly there are bad apples everywhere in everything. And it doesn't surprise me at all that you can't correctly use words such as "then" and "than" or "your" and "you're". Education is something that you clearly do not value, as evidenced by your ignorant opinions.
wiccan

Marietta, NY

#12 Jun 14, 2012
honestly i see nothing wrong with a peace symbol, i believe that everyone will believe what they want to believe and that you shouldnt push your ideahs onto others. but i pratice what i preach so im gonna try to get anyone too believe that i think it is a harmless symbol and that it has nothing to do with anything evil.
Speakinup

Ilion, NY

#13 Jul 9, 2012
Most churches today are penacastol and have no idea what the truth really is. Laying hands and speaking in tongs. The churches today are apostate and have fallen so far away from the truth of what being a christian really is. Even if most are born again christain's still have no clue what truth is because they are being taught wrong. Not their fault. They only way for real truth about Jesus is ask him for guidance himself to lead you on the right path. Most today think that the bible is the word of God and worship the bible. That would be idolization wouldn't be.
Cammie has some good points and those of you who don't agree well just leave it alone. You feel you have to comment on everything when someone talks about Jesus. Don't you all realize that there could be some truth about certain things here. Just because you are blinded and don't know the truth yourself just leave your comments to yourself.
Goodness, and you all think your a scholar or something. You think you know the truth about everything about that bible. That bible isn't perfect you know, it has errors and contradicts itself as well. dugh.
six6six

New York, NY

#14 Jul 13, 2012
I am my own God.
rofl

Cazenovia, NY

#15 Jul 14, 2012
hahaha o my word i think i love you ranting man
Poopin Pete wrote:
You're seriously going to put this in two different posts? Pull that wooden cross out of your sloppy, furry vagina and steal two cents out of the church donation tray to buy a clue. Using your bullet proof logic that the origins of a symbol outlast the current meaning, the swastika, which was once used by the boy scouts of america, should be a happy and positive symbol right? You bible thumpers and your jesus-is-lord.com bullpucky make me sick and drive me farther and farther away from the child rapists of modern organized religion...congrats. I just can't believe that you are seriously going to attack the peace symbol now....it's just laughable.
ummguys

Ilion, NY

#16 Jul 18, 2012
ya all have no f.. clue. open up your eyes people. Look around you. That stupid sign is nothing more than a symbol of antichristian polical apocracy. dugh, ya all have no clue what is going on in this world. Get with it!!! The end is near and ya all are going to be in so much trouble in your ways.
Oh well, looks like God will have a field day won't he. ehehheehhe
lulz

Denver, CO

#17 Jul 23, 2012
And so are the black and white faces all over potsdam...those are evil as well. haha

PURELYCANADIAN

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#18 Jul 27, 2012
Poopin Pete wrote:
You're seriously going to put this in two different posts? Pull that wooden cross out of your sloppy, furry vagina and steal two cents out of the church donation tray to buy a clue. Using your bullet proof logic that the origins of a symbol outlast the current meaning, the swastika, which was once used by the boy scouts of america, should be a happy and positive symbol right? You bible thumpers and your jesus-is-lord.com bullpucky make me sick and drive me farther and farther away from the child rapists of modern organized religion...congrats. I just can't believe that you are seriously going to attack the peace symbol now....it's just laughable.
I don't get you pal? What are you about?
You are certainly not for peace!
youallsoblind

Ilion, NY

#19 Aug 2, 2012
like dugh......I think most of people these days really dont have any clue. Satan is amoung us and playing on each one of us. No one see's the things Satan does. But I guess that is because this world is gone to hell in a handbasket...
PooperTrooper

Marietta, NY

#20 Aug 3, 2012
Its ok, you're canadian...we'll give you a minute or two and let you read it a few more times...He never said he was for peace, although it is a little bit less bloody than war. In fact I think the very fact that he is against religion dictates that he is FOR peace. Nothing has shed more blood in this world than the my pecker is bigger than your pecker world of organized religion. How can you determine that he is not for peace? What sentence in that rant indicated that PoopinPete was anti peace?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do NOT sell your horse to Donna/Linda Van Middl... (Nov '10) 13 hr JigsUp 4
gandy Sat bullpen 2
Bully's at millyard estats Dec 3 judgeit 3
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... (May '17) Dec 3 Danny Carranza 36
News Potsdam, Parishville, Russell residents charged... Dec 2 narcan 2
cowpigchicken Nov 29 Nosey is as nosey... 7
War with North Korea coming Nov 20 Murica 2

Potsdam Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Potsdam Mortgages