Potsdam should honor its athletes

Potsdam should honor its athletes

There are 7 comments on the North Country Now story from Apr 26, 2013, titled Potsdam should honor its athletes. In it, North Country Now reports that:

I see towns such as Gouverneur and Massena honoring their professional athletes with signs as one enters the town.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Country Now.

lol

Syracuse, NY

#1 Apr 27, 2013
You didn't go to school with Trevor or you wouldn't think he was a great guy. Trust me potsdam takes good care of its athletes by letting them do whatever they want and they get to treat people anyway they want with no repercussions. You can call me names and put me down but I lived the non-sports life in potsdam and its no fun
?

Utica, NY

#2 Apr 27, 2013
lol wrote:
You didn't go to school with Trevor or you wouldn't think he was a great guy. Trust me potsdam takes good care of its athletes by letting them do whatever they want and they get to treat people anyway they want with no repercussions. You can call me names and put me down but I lived the non-sports life in potsdam and its no fun
I have lived "the sports life" in Potsdam... Never got any special treatment... I'm assuming you are one of the ppl that wishes they could have played sports and since you couldn't, you looked at athletes with distain and thought they had it so much better than you.

But. I do think that Craig Conroy and Trevor Scott deserve some recognition like other towns do for their athletes
lol

Syracuse, NY

#3 Apr 27, 2013
[QUOTE who="?"]<quoted text>I have lived "the sports life" in Potsdam... Never got any special treatment... I'm assuming you are one of the ppl that wishes they could have played sports and since you couldn't, you looked at athletes with distain and thought they had it so much better than you.

But. I do think that Craig Conroy and Trevor Scott deserve some recognition like other towns do for their athletes[/QUOTE]
Never had any wants to play sports but I also was part of a large group abused by theses athletes because there so much better then everyone like I said I don't care call me what u want I know how the school works
Steve

Utica, NY

#4 Apr 27, 2013
How about a big sign that says 'Athletes are born somewhere', would that help?
studless

Syracuse, NY

#6 May 1, 2013
Jenna Talia wrote:
why not a sign that says "Former home of Wes Craven"
How about home of high taxes and rundown houses
AWK

Potsdam, NY

#7 May 2, 2013
Villages and Towns should honor people who make a significant positive impact on that Village or Town... Have these guys given back to Potsdam? The two of them could afford to fund the Potsdam Recreation Program without missing a beat. When celebrities and successful people become a benefactor to the town they grey up in, then they should be honored.
studless

Syracuse, NY

#8 May 2, 2013
AWK wrote:
Villages and Towns should honor people who make a significant positive impact on that Village or Town... Have these guys given back to Potsdam? The two of them could afford to fund the Potsdam Recreation Program without missing a beat. When celebrities and successful people become a benefactor to the town they grey up in, then they should be honored.
You are absolutely right on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dungeons and dragons 18 hr Dungeon master 1
The rockin metthies Fri Kelsey 38
GSXR Bike Thu -BoB- 17
Websters (Feb '16) Thu Jerk 20
mark baker drug king pin crying wolf (Mar '15) Wed heyatawin 30
Andrew Carranza (Jul '15) Aug 24 Lol 7
WOW China launches the first quantum teleportat... Aug 20 Scared 2

Potsdam Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance