Where to cut at Potsdam Central School?

Where to cut at Potsdam Central School?

There are 16 comments on the North Country Now story from Apr 19, 2013, titled Where to cut at Potsdam Central School?. In it, North Country Now reports that:

As important as music and other departments are in Potsdam Central School, it is important for readers to recognize the cuts to other departments in the past have been disastrous.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Country Now.

boom

Utica, NY

#1 Apr 21, 2013
Cut Brady then there will be plenty of money left
tinkler

Long Eddy, NY

#2 Apr 21, 2013
Look,if you want your little liam to have music pay for it yourself. I am sick of my tax money going to your spoiled child
redneck one

Utica, NY

#3 Apr 21, 2013
Sure makes sense to cut a Math and science teacher and beg to keep 1/2 position music. That will get their SAT's up there in good shape. Next thing you know, they'll want to cut FOOTBALL or maybe BASEBALL! God forbid!
retired_lovingit

Ogdensburg, NY

#4 Apr 21, 2013
If cutting has to be done, do it the fair way. Cuts in ALL departments including music, art, sports, etc.
boom

Utica, NY

#5 Apr 21, 2013
Make cuts in the places that cost the most makes sense to me but it would most Likely be sports and we all know that won't happen not in potsdam
retired_lovingit

Ogdensburg, NY

#6 Apr 21, 2013
boom wrote:
Make cuts in the places that cost the most makes sense to me but it would most Likely be sports and we all know that won't happen not in potsdam
No, in Potsdam, what an athlete needs is always a priority over what a music or art student needs.
Haha

Utica, NY

#7 Apr 22, 2013
Keep bitching. I love how any1 in the arts programs say the only thing we should cut is athletics.....
retired_lovingit

Ogdensburg, NY

#8 Apr 22, 2013
Haha wrote:
Keep bitching. I love how any1 in the arts programs say the only thing we should cut is athletics.....
I haven't heard anyone here say any such thing.
Tired of EK

Ardsley, NY

#9 Apr 29, 2013
Just go over to EK and learn how you have to make NO cuts in your staff and get tons of NYS tax dollars! I'm in the Canton district, and we have been nailed badly tge past few years,and I am sick of watching that place gets tons of money,get low scores, hire more teachers, pass several building projects, screw up entirely on a budget, and still have to make no cuts. I have no doubt the rest of the state will be bailing them out and they will probably never have to make cuts, many teachers who can, seem not to retire, but why, they keep getting raises and dont have to worry about less senior staff getting cut. Maybe Potsdam needs their superintendent or watch group to see how they keep coming out , smelling like a rosé.
Huh

Ardsley, NY

#11 Apr 29, 2013
Sports are the only thing that keep some of those kids in school. You normally can't say that about art or music and sports do not take kids out of the middle of a core class weekly like music. Music should be after school just like sports!
yea

Utica, NY

#12 Apr 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
Sports are the only thing that keep some of those kids in school. You normally can't say that about art or music and sports do not take kids out of the middle of a core class weekly like music. Music should be after school just like sports!
Great point.
Perry Mason

Utica, NY

#14 Apr 30, 2013
Jenna Talia wrote:
Maybe sports should start doing fundraisers to help pay for their transportation, meals for away tournaments and other financial costs.
Have Spaghetti dinners, car wash, bake sale, raffles.
I don't know about now... But when I was in highschool we did a lot of fundraising for our sports teams...
Huh

Ogdensburg, NY

#15 Apr 30, 2013
I did also. I remember bottle drives and car washes. Oh and the booster club was and I am sure still is a lot of help.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#16 Apr 30, 2013
Huh wrote:
I did also. I remember bottle drives and car washes. Oh and the booster club was and I am sure still is a lot of help.
Are you serious? My god man, they could get kidnapped!!!
studless

Tully, NY

#17 Apr 30, 2013
Perry Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about now... But when I was in highschool we did a lot of fundraising for our sports teams...
You do an injustice using the name perry mason

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#18 Apr 30, 2013
studless wrote:
<quoted text>
You do an injustice using the name perry mason
It's a free country. You have been brainwashed by the media to think otherwise. Sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who has the littlest D**k (May '12) 9 hr headda 31
helping hands hannawa 10 hr jedds 1
cowards at 1/2 tons Thu jedds 2
Caitlyn Bush? Thu DAMAN 2
News Parishville man pleads guilty to sex abuse of boy Wed Forrest 1
Marie and Wes Conklin Matthie (Jun '15) Wed searching 19
punks at 1/2 Tons Jun 22 Too funny 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Potsdam Mortgages