Over policed in St. Lawrence County

May 2, 2013 Full story: North Country Now 182

Do you believe that your friends, neighbors and surrounding community members are all criminals that should be constantly scrutinized by the police? If not, why is it acceptable for there to be a SLC Sheriff between Potsdam and Canton, a US Border Patrol agent in the village of Canton, and three NYS Troopers between the villages of Canton and ... (more)

Full Story
redrum

Gouverneur, NY

#89 May 12, 2013
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time
Bad Jack

Gouverneur, NY

#90 May 14, 2013
The authorities job is to get you to consent to searches and make statements they can use against you later. That's why the Miranda law exists. But they don't have to recite it if you're not under arrest. So they are trained to get you to incriminate yourself in the first place. They know they can't search your car so they try to lean on you by asking you what you have to hide or telling you they'll get the dog. They say they're out for criminals but if you don't lay down for them they write you for your license plate light or some other obscure, bullshit charge. The police are NOT your friends. The police are trained to gather information against you. If you think they aren't, you're an idiot and someday you will learn this the hard way. And for anyone who asks me what I have to hide, I'll remind you that this is what they said in Nazi Germany when they randomly stopped people and demanded they show their papers to prove they belonged there (ie: weren't Jewish) Now in predictable fashion I can see the Jewish oven joke coming so please raise the bar and say something I DON'T see coming a mile away.
Riparian

New York, NY

#91 May 15, 2013
Bad Jack wrote:
The authorities job is to get you to consent to searches and make statements they can use against you later. That's why the Miranda law exists. But they don't have to recite it if you're not under arrest. So they are trained to get you to incriminate yourself in the first place. They know they can't search your car so they try to lean on you by asking you what you have to hide or telling you they'll get the dog. They say they're out for criminals but if you don't lay down for them they write you for your license plate light or some other obscure, bullshit charge. The police are NOT your friends. The police are trained to gather information against you. If you think they aren't, you're an idiot and someday you will learn this the hard way. And for anyone who asks me what I have to hide, I'll remind you that this is what they said in Nazi Germany when they randomly stopped people and demanded they show their papers to prove they belonged there (ie: weren't Jewish) Now in predictable fashion I can see the Jewish oven joke coming so please raise the bar and say something I DON'T see coming a mile away.
He speaks the truth!
Riparians torn ahole

Hammond, NY

#92 May 15, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>
He speaks the truth!
One of these people you want to be free will somehow impact your family in a negative way. Head on due to DWI or something. Your opinion will change. I am still confident you are somehow up to no good, otherwise you have nothing to hide and little worries. Morons like you are what enables civilizations to crumble as the scum bags are allowed to grow in numbers and take over.
I cannot speak to the honesty of the police. Everything is corrupt in some form, but you choose to label the mass group due to a small segment. Smooth move, no wonder your ass hurts.
Riparian

New York, NY

#93 May 15, 2013
Riparians torn ahole wrote:
<quoted text>One of these people you want to be free will somehow impact your family in a negative way. Head on due to DWI or something. Your opinion will change. I am still confident you are somehow up to no good, otherwise you have nothing to hide and little worries. Morons like you are what enables civilizations to crumble as the scum bags are allowed to grow in numbers and take over.
I cannot speak to the honesty of the police. Everything is corrupt in some form, but you choose to label the mass group due to a small segment. Smooth move, no wonder your ass hurts.
What is it with you sheep and your homosexual references?
Never forget you are the ones who want to give all your rights away thereby "bending over and taking it"
Its called freedom. In case you didnt know its not free. Ive lost relatives and friends like everyone else. Its unfortunate and painful, its also part of life but I wont live in the bubblewrapped retardproof eutopia your jadded mind envisions.
Furthermore, I dont fear the crumbling of society and I look forward to the day I meet you in postapocalyptica if thats where we end up.
Riparian

New York, NY

#94 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>One of these people you want to be free will somehow impact your family in a negative way. Head on due to DWI or something. Your opinion will change. I am still confident you are somehow up to no good, otherwise you have nothing to hide and little worries. Morons like you are what enables civilizations to crumble as the scum bags are allowed to grow in numbers and take over.
And get your own name you didnt even know what it meant till you googled it anyway. Poser
LOL

Sutton, MA

#95 May 15, 2013
This isn't land of the free for us, it caters to illegals they get a green card, a tax free business, housing, can get any job, health benefits, and what happens when one of us goes into another country we get shot or put in prison, another the attorney says the 4th admendment protects us from random searches, HA what ate you smoking? We basically have no rights, the whole judicial system is corrupt, pretty soon we will be told what job to work or where to live, we Americans are the minorities
Agree

Gouverneur, NY

#96 May 15, 2013
LOL wrote:
This isn't land of the free for us, it caters to illegals they get a green card, a tax free business, housing, can get any job, health benefits, and what happens when one of us goes into another country we get shot or put in prison, another the attorney says the 4th admendment protects us from random searches, HA what ate you smoking? We basically have no rights, the whole judicial system is corrupt, pretty soon we will be told what job to work or where to live, we Americans are the minorities
Very wee said.
SubjugationNatio n

Potsdam, NY

#98 May 15, 2013
If you come up to a Roadblock, that are now a common occurence and coming to your neighborhood soon...immediately, and politely tell the nice Man/Woman in Green that you are an "American Citizen" if in fact you are, and the nice Man/Woman in Green will "let you pass". If you are not an "American Citizen" please do not lie to them, for "they" can read your minds:-)
Legally once you inform the Officer, and assert your "American Citizenship," you are no longer bound to "answer their questions".
I bid you have a lovely "freedom of movement" day in da "North Country Policia State" :-)
Larry

Gouverneur, NY

#99 May 15, 2013
LOL wrote:
What are you smoking?
roger spencer

New York, NY

#100 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
One of these people you want to be free will somehow impact your family in a negative way. Head on due to DWI or something. Your opinion will change. I am still confident you are somehow up to no good, otherwise you have nothing to hide and little worries. Morons like you are what enables civilizations to crumble as the scum bags are allowed to grow in numbers and take over.
I would have more confidence in our local law enforcements ability to stop major events. If they could show that they can do something about local petty crimes. Everyone in Gouverneur knows who deals the drugs. If they can't stop those known drug dealers how are they going to do anything about terrorist? What have the road blocks yielded other than inspection tickets.
So True

Gouverneur, NY

#101 May 16, 2013
roger spencer wrote:
<quoted text>I would have more confidence in our local law enforcements ability to stop major events. If they could show that they can do something about local petty crimes. Everyone in Gouverneur knows who deals the drugs. If they can't stop those known drug dealers how are they going to do anything about terrorist? What have the road blocks yielded other than inspection tickets.
YES, we all know who deals the drugs and we also know who protects them.
LOL

Smithfield, RI

#102 May 16, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you smoking?
I'm speaking the truth, look at all the unemployment rates, the government staging terrorist attacks to start wars and to scare us to become insecure, you mean to tell me that is not the truth what I say? I say you sir are not american
Riparians bloodied butt

Hammond, NY

#103 May 16, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>
And get your own name you didnt even know what it meant till you googled it anyway. Poser
I am your bloodied butt, don't you love me daddy?
Bad Jack

Watertown, NY

#104 May 16, 2013
Riparians bloodied butt wrote:
<quoted text>
I am your bloodied butt, don't you love me daddy?
Ignore this clown. he isn't adding to the conversation. He's only here to incite in between cigarette breaks and walks to the park. Unemployment is hard work.
Riparians bloodied butt

Hammond, NY

#105 May 16, 2013
Bad Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignore this clown. he isn't adding to the conversation. He's only here to incite in between cigarette breaks and walks to the park. Unemployment is hard work.
I actually have a job and most likely more formal education than either one of you. I just find this site amusing and a nice way to pick on stupid people. Good luck trying castigate me from this site.
RipariansBadJack Gaylove

Hammond, NY

#106 May 16, 2013
Castigate-criticize severely. In other words good luck trying to outmatch or outwit me enough to discourage me from participating in this lovely activity. If my taxes are going to pay your welfare, I am going to make it interesting for myself. So enjoy
Riparian

New York, NY

#107 May 16, 2013
To he who carries the entire weight of the welfare system on their back, is so much smarter than us, yet cant come up with his own username, and still you get your jollies playing with us lowley peasants who dont care for a ton of useless cops buzzing around fkn with the common man. You are a douchbag and nowhere close to a genius.
Ive figured you out though, a resident of heuvelton aye, well being theres only about twenty people over there who have electricity (joke) I'm guessing you are a runaway amish youngster who just found technology and has not the sense to for anything other than obsessing about my ass. What your dad did to you was wrong, you dont have to recipricate you're better than that, but if it makes you feel better to run your ass jokes go ahead I can take it.
Riparians Douche bag

Hammond, NY

#108 May 17, 2013
Riparian wrote:
To he who carries the entire weight of the welfare system on their back, is so much smarter than us, yet cant come up with his own username, and still you get your jollies playing with us lowley peasants who dont care for a ton of useless cops buzzing around fkn with the common man. You are a douchbag and nowhere close to a genius.
Ive figured you out though, a resident of heuvelton aye, well being theres only about twenty people over there who have electricity (joke) I'm guessing you are a runaway amish youngster who just found technology and has not the sense to for anything other than obsessing about my ass. What your dad did to you was wrong, you dont have to recipricate you're better than that, but if it makes you feel better to run your ass jokes go ahead I can take it.
I did not say I carried the weight of the entire welfare system on my back. I do pay more into federal and state for taxes than 90% of the people around here gross in one year. So without using Google or my Amish(note the capital A), I will offer you some education.
Riparian spelling vs the correct way
Lowely - lowly
dont- don't
douchbag- douche bag (addressed above)
theres - there's or there is, should be "there are" as it is not a singular reference
recipricate - reciprocate
So I am glad you bashed the residents of Heuvelton (note the capital H) and the Amish. I assure you I am not Amish and never have been. I have not been molested by anyone either. It is your dream, make it as big as you want.
My sole purpose is to provide an alternative viewpoint on select items which you certainly do not have to agree with. Having grown up here yet also having lived around the US, I am very accustomed to your backward view of the world. I certainly do not agree with 100% of what the cops are doing or are being tasked with. But, from a higher level I see the need for increased patrols before this area ends up like Detroit. Take a half hour and better understand the dynamics of Detroit before you pull out your north country bible and preach about your rights being "stripped".
So pull of your blinders, pull out your ear plugs, and badjacks cck from your ass and look at Detroit. Prosperity to one of the highest per capita murder rates in the US. Why is that? Why is it that when industry leaves, the area's once prosperous neighborhoods fall into shambles? Flea Markets do not count as business. Drug problems are not on the rise here? Unsolved murders? etc
So lets hear your highly educated retort. Make it good though since I will correct and grade it.
Hilarious

Gouverneur, NY

#109 May 17, 2013
Riparians Douche bag wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say I carried the weight of the entire welfare system on my back. I do pay more into federal and state for taxes than 90% of the people around here gross in one year. So without using Google or my Amish(note the capital A), I will offer you some education.
Riparian spelling vs the correct way
Lowely - lowly
dont- don't
douchbag- douche bag (addressed above)
theres - there's or there is, should be "there are" as it is not a singular reference
recipricate - reciprocate
So I am glad you bashed the residents of Heuvelton (note the capital H) and the Amish. I assure you I am not Amish and never have been. I have not been molested by anyone either. It is your dream, make it as big as you want.
My sole purpose is to provide an alternative viewpoint on select items which you certainly do not have to agree with. Having grown up here yet also having lived around the US, I am very accustomed to your backward view of the world. I certainly do not agree with 100% of what the cops are doing or are being tasked with. But, from a higher level I see the need for increased patrols before this area ends up like Detroit. Take a half hour and better understand the dynamics of Detroit before you pull out your north country bible and preach about your rights being "stripped".
So pull of your blinders, pull out your ear plugs, and badjacks cck from your ass and look at Detroit. Prosperity to one of the highest per capita murder rates in the US. Why is that? Why is it that when industry leaves, the area's once prosperous neighborhoods fall into shambles? Flea Markets do not count as business. Drug problems are not on the rise here? Unsolved murders? etc
So lets hear your highly educated retort. Make it good though since I will correct and grade it.
But, from a higher level I see the need for increased patrols before this area ends up like Detroit. Take a half hour and better understand the dynamics of Detroit before you pull out your north country bible and preach about your rights being "stripped".

What an asshole.
Yeah, this little shit town of Gouverneur has so many parallels to Detroit it is frightening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Madrid man charged with harassment 34 min Jay 96
Massena woman who threatened boyfriend with ste... 1 hr concerned parent 3
Perverts Steve Howells and Nicole Vaisey 1 hr Reeferjoe 3
Potsdam school teacher 1 hr No name 3
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 10 hr Clifford Spencer 758
Former Potsdam court clerk charged, allegedly s... (Feb '14) Fri cheetah 20
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Fri liberalP 6,443
•••
•••
Potsdam Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Potsdam Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Potsdam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE