United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

That store is the most dirty disgusting store I have ever been in, the employees are nasty and everything is way overpriced. hopefully they go out of business when Aldis opens!!!
arsebreath pu

Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

bouncy bounce wrote:
That store is the most dirty disgusting store I have ever been in, the employees are nasty and everything is way overpriced. hopefully they go out of business when Aldis opens!!!
Parking lot has had 6 inch potholes for over 2 months now.
boom

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

The bread taste like the store smells
why

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

why are the employees nasty? is it because they are over weight or there looks are not to your likings well i hate to burst your bubble but half of our nation is over weight so deal with it. the prices are not over prices go to walmart or price croppers and then u will see over price and further more the store will not go out of business because there are a lot of shoppers like me that are loyal to a small business yes i do agree that the store needs a little work such as the parking lot but for the customer service i think for the most part its good.
omg

Ludlow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Love Amber....always kind and cracking a joke. Sheila is always friendly and willing to help you in any way. Dont care for the place?...Dont shop there..simple as that.
ton of crap

Brasher Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

you are so full of shit. they have the best meat dept. in town- fresh ground meat- and very accomodating. also a good deli there- made to order decent and well priced subs and sandwiches.at the register if it gets busy they call more help up -you don;t see that at walmart where 3 f-n registers are open most of the time. aldis is gonna beat the shit out of walmart and the others for awhile.yes the parking lot is shit and their register belts are always broken. but you do see the same hired help there for a long time so they can;t be too bad to work for.go in on a thursday and try the fresh roasted pork foods they have.to die for. so you are plainly going to be an aldis employee thus your spew of baloney about iga in potsdam.
uhh no

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

the produce is always wilted and/or moldy, the floors are dirty, the belts on the checkouts are filthy, the prices ARE HIGHER than price chopper...worse store i've ever been to.
arsebreath pu

Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Leona is nice,I think some of the guys are ex-cons or have a criminal record.I only shop the sale items,regular priced items are
too high.The owner has no pride in his store which is dirty,has broken floor tiles, deep potholes,broken register belts.They also sell clearance produce which is more like garbage.
George

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

The prices are way over price. Bag of salad mix $3.29 -- Walmart $1.50. Go figure.
lol

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

SAVE-A-LOT!!!
maybe but

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

George wrote:
The prices are way over price. Bag of salad mix $3.29 -- Walmart $1.50. Go figure.
Any produce you buy at Walmart will be rotten within two days. Horrible produce and meat department! Price Chopper has the best produce around!
Big M

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

I don't find the prices bad at all. And if they are a bit more than other places, I don't mind paying it considering it's located in a convenient location for people who walk like me. Although the stench that comes out of the back room does leave a lot to be desired!

I would never buy from Price Chopper considering how many things are recalled there every week for some problem or another!
big waste of money

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

IGA food is expired when you buy it. always mold on the fruit they wrap in the produce section, all the "fresh" lettuce and greens are always wilted and dead. the onions, garlic and potatoes are always rotten, soft and full of black spots. the food is not worth buying. it is more "convenient" to spend less money on food that isn't expired.
pdamguy44

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

love the micro brews and the bbq. the store is old but i like the people and especially the deli
Regular IGA shopper

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

The store is old but I have never had a problem with anything at the IGA, produce or meat. Also love the fact that I can run there after work at 5 pm and they have all the registers open and I barely have to wait. Go to walmart at the same time, they have 2 of their 16 registers open and you wait about 20 minutes just to check out. Produce at walmart is terrible, spoils within a few days of buying it. Steak at walmart is like rubber too! But hey if you have the time to waste driving all the way down to price chopper at 5 pm or to wait in walmart go right to it, no one is forcing you to shop at the IGA!
doe

Allston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Bjs has them all beat.
lol

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

I tell ya SAVE-A-LOT! DAMMIT!
doe

Allston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

lol wrote:
I tell ya SAVE-A-LOT! DAMMIT!
oh my
John

Canton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Great quality pork and beef. Like their store made mild sausage.

Most cuts of beef and pork from Walmart are injected with salt and preservatives, so it has a much longer shelf life but never tastes like real meat. Be sure to read the list of ingredients on the bottom of the package.

Price Chopper Beef is just bland.

They carry Rye flour and other quality flour for bread making.

As for as the store being dingy and dirty, I think that is the culture of all local owned stores. Dirty is an overstatement, but dark and all Earth tone is dingy and depressing. All the national chain stores here understand the concept of bright and cheerful. They did not get big because they were dark and depressing.
IGA Fan

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

No, I'm not related to anyone at IGA, but the staff are super folks and willing to help, the deli has terrific prices and products, the produce is good, the meat is top notch, and the people who work there have always gone the extra mile to help me out. The place is convenient, the BBQ is delicious, they have loads of good beer. Who cares if the structure isn't the latest thing out of the fancy magazines? It has a family feel to it and I shop there by preference.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Potsdam Forum right now

Search the Potsdam Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ALL AMERICANS are economic slaves. 6 hr Cunny licker 4
Nick Hillary 10 hr good question 48
Joey Rotella 10 hr enough 9
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 14 hr Hillary by Landslide 16,759
State police: Investigation into alleged Norfol... Tue Hmmm 1
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Tue Go Blue Forever 6,314
Parishville man charged with possession of chil... (Nov '13) Jul 7 xxx 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Potsdam Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Potsdam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE