fed up

Long Eddy, NY

#1 Sep 11, 2012
I am trying to find a good eviction lawyer in Potsdam and/or anywhere else in northern NY? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks
been there

Potsdam, NY

#2 Sep 12, 2012
fed up wrote:
I am trying to find a good eviction lawyer in Potsdam and/or anywhere else in northern NY? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks
Unfortunately been there done that!You have to go through the channels of the law and there is no way around it.It took awhile to get the "scum bag squatters" out and a near nervous breakdown but it did happen.They have more rights than the homeowner.Good Luck!!!
fed up

Tully, NY

#3 Sep 12, 2012
Do most lawyers in the Potsdam area handle a case where the landlord wishes to evict a tennt? Is it a rather routine civil matter that they all do?
been there

Potsdam, NY

#4 Sep 12, 2012
fed up wrote:
Do most lawyers in the Potsdam area handle a case where the landlord wishes to evict a tennt? Is it a rather routine civil matter that they all do?
Are you the tenant or landlord?
been there

Potsdam, NY

#5 Sep 12, 2012
A 7 Day Notice for failure to pay rent is required before a landlord may initiate eviction proceedings
fed up

Tully, NY

#6 Sep 12, 2012
I am a landlord and gave a 1 month notice to some jerks (who rent month to month with no lease) to get out and if they don't leave I would need to file a holdover case. Non payment is a 3 day notice warningthat a court proceeding will be started if they don't pay.A 7 day notice to vacate is if they rent by the week.
fed up

Tully, NY

#7 Sep 12, 2012
I need to know a competant lawyer to help me if they don't leave.Who in Potsdam should i hire?
perry saturn

United States

#8 Sep 12, 2012
sounds like to me your the tenant wondering what your rights are and how long you can freeload off someone else!
fed up

Tully, NY

#9 Sep 12, 2012
perry saturn wrote:
sounds like to me your the tenant wondering what your rights are and how long you can freeload off someone else!
Sounds like you don't know your ass from your elbow.Which detective school did you flunk out of anyway?
fed up

Tully, NY

#10 Sep 12, 2012
been there wrote:
A 7 Day Notice for failure to pay rent is required before a landlord may initiate eviction proceedings
7 day notice to vacate is the legal amount of time to give in Alabama
what a loser

United States

#11 Sep 13, 2012
this perry s is a retard who needs to get a job i see they post often so maybe they should get of heap and out of the neighborhood center and quit collecting ssi or ssd which im sure they do if they have this kind of time on there hand.....have fun at the pearly gates when our maker tells them to go strait to hell....probably just another welfare case!
what a loser

Little Valley, NY

#12 Sep 13, 2012
hope u find a new place at least u are trying to make it unlike most they probably steal everything they get
fed up

Syracuse, NY

#13 Sep 13, 2012
what a loser wrote:
hope u find a new place at least u are trying to make it unlike most they probably steal everything they get
I am not looking for a new place because I AM THE LANDLORD!!
stanley

Auburn, NY

#14 Sep 13, 2012
You first have to have proof of what they are doing wrong, secondly you need to open the phone book and look under lawyers. OR just google it. duh!
fed up

Syracuse, NY

#15 Sep 13, 2012
stanley wrote:
You first have to have proof of what they are doing wrong, secondly you need to open the phone book and look under lawyers. OR just google it. duh!
A wrong can be a lease violation ,not moving after end of term, or non payment.You have a very astute legal mind (sarcasm)Do I really need proof?After all isn't that what court is about-DUH. I am capable of looking in the phone book.I was asking for a specific referal that someone has used in the past.Lucky for you stupidity is not grounds for eviction.
perry saturn

Syracuse, NY

#16 Sep 13, 2012
Whoever posted under "perry saturn" isnt the real perry saturn. Poser.
Go sit on a mop handle.
grow a spine

Utica, NY

#17 Sep 14, 2012
open a phone book and make a phone call and ask the legal secretary who answers the phone your questions. TOPIX ISNT A SOURCE OF LEGAL CONSULT
all the answers to your litigious matter can easily be answered by searching the internet and seeking out a lawyer. stop arguing with morons on a forum and extending the time your tenants are exercising their squatters rights...you sound like a shitty landlord and an insecure human being who can't carry out any action without someone else's approval/permission. gee wiz.
fed up

Syracuse, NY

#18 Sep 14, 2012
grow a spine wrote:
open a phone book and make a phone call and ask the legal secretary who answers the phone your questions. TOPIX ISNT A SOURCE OF LEGAL CONSULT
all the answers to your litigious matter can easily be answered by searching the internet and seeking out a lawyer. stop arguing with morons on a forum and extending the time your tenants are exercising their squatters rights...you sound like a shitty landlord and an insecure human being who can't carry out any action without someone else's approval/permission. gee wiz.

Asking someone the name of lawyer used in the past by local people is not legal consultation.Consultation would be asking procedural matters about real property law with details unique to your particular situation. That you idiot is not what i am inquiring about.There is a wide variety of topics posted on Topix with alot of it intended to ruin somebody's name.It is not your call to say what or what not can be posted on Topix.Ever hear of getting recommendations or references from others when hiring a contractor?It is a widely accepted practice. Are those people all shitty homeowners and insecure? Next time put your brain in gear before posting inane statements.
Wow

Tully, NY

#19 Sep 14, 2012
Seriously? What harm is being done by asking for a recommendation?! How pathetic can you be to find fault with a simple, innocent question? Good luck to fed up, I will ask my landlord if he has any recommendations for you.
balon

Ilion, NY

#20 Sep 14, 2012
i hear steve balon has done evictions in the past not sure if he does or still does but im sure he could lead you to the right ppl if he doesnt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hot girls 1 hr Funny 14
Who are they really???? 2 hr Angela 19
junkies 13 hr Hang em high 8
Kyle Weems a nurse? With HIV??? Wed charlie sheen 3
The rockin metthies May 3 Ricky 10
News Former teacher McGowan pleads guilty to rape May 1 JohnnyHumpMeister 13
cute nurse (Dec '12) May 1 Lol 2 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Potsdam Mortgages