Potsdam man heads to court for allegedly harassing 10-year-old

There are 16 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Dec 5, 2013, titled Potsdam man heads to court for allegedly harassing 10-year-old. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

A Potsdam man who allegedly walked onto the ice during a youth hockey practice and yelled at and kicked the skate of a 10-year-old boy is scheduled to appear in Potsdam Village Court on Friday morning on a harassment charge in connection with the incident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

Hockey parent

Washington, DC

#1 Dec 5, 2013
I'm still in disbelief that a grown man could be stupid enough to put his hands on a kid in a public setting, especially a kid he doesn't even know. Wow!... drink a little more lithium based kool aid. I suppose since this man is a college professor at Clarkson University that he somehow feels that his shit doesn't stink and that he is above the law? I'm sure this will be a career enhancer for him... NOT! I hope they make an example of him and throw the book at him. What a moron!
teacher

Locke, NY

#2 Dec 5, 2013
Actually he is an instructor and NOT a professor,assistant prof.,or associate prof.He is in an entry level position.Apparently hockey parent never went to college
Ignorance

Potsdam, NY

#3 Dec 5, 2013
"Hockey parent," you're an idiot. He doesn't think "his shit doesn't stink." I'm going to presume you made that comment because the educated make you feel like the idiot you are. Secondly, although it's wrong what he did, of course, he did it because he was concerned about the welfare of other children. He shouldn't have "kicked the kid's skate" or touched him in any way, but I think the kid deserved what came to him. Lastly, I'd like to say that if this happened 50 years ago, nothing would have happened. Parents these days are too frantic about the safety of their kids. I can only imagine how horribly this kid was acting. Probably a classic case of a completely out of control child ignoring his parent/parents.
Dear Ignorance

Potsdam, NY

#6 Dec 5, 2013
The kid sprayed his sister when he stopped on the ice? You stated to Hockey Parent that 50 years ago, parents wouldn't have reacted this way? My guess is even 20 years ago when I skated, no parent would have gone on the ice to push around a young kid for a quick stop that didn't actually end in anyone getting hurt. The guy is a hothead and my guess is he is arrogant given his reaction.
Ignorance

Potsdam, NY

#7 Dec 5, 2013
people have made it sound like all the kid did was literally stop in front of other children. What actually was going on was the kid was repeatedly stopping in front of the other children, trying to stop as fast and as close to the children as possible. The other children were scared and wanted the kid to stop. the man thought that the kid might fail to stop in time and end up hurting them. An overreaction? yes. crazy? no.

FYI hes not arrogant in the least bit, believe it or not
by stander

Potsdam, NY

#8 Dec 6, 2013
Why can't you leave Clarkson out of this? Just because he works there, doesn't give you a right to bring their name into it. There are plenty of people who work there, some have received tickets, some haven't. Are you going to blame the university for all of it. And, before you jump all over me, I do not know him nor do I work there. It just seems as if everyone is out to get the next person.
Huh

Potsdam, NY

#10 Dec 7, 2013
This guy had no right putting his hands on someone else's kid. The kid was fooling around with his little sister, spraying her with snow, so he was being a kid. I heard all the parents wanted was this guy to apologize but when he repeatedly ignore their calls, they decided to let the cops take care of it. In my opinion the guy made two mistakes. Next time talk to the kids parents.
Hockey parent

Washington, DC

#12 Dec 8, 2013
teacher wrote:
Actually he is an instructor and NOT a professor,assistant prof.,or associate prof.He is in an entry level position.Apparently hockey parent never went to college
I don't really give a shit if he is an instructor or a professor! What the hell difference that make jerkoff?? The bottom line is that he is adult who grabbed a kid in a public place, which is just wrong for any level of education. Any by the way, jerkoff, I graduated with honors from college. I gather from what you wrote that grade school is calling for you to repeat.
Hockey parent

Washington, DC

#13 Dec 8, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
"Hockey parent," you're an idiot. He doesn't think "his shit doesn't stink." I'm going to presume you made that comment because the educated make you feel like the idiot you are. Secondly, although it's wrong what he did, of course, he did it because he was concerned about the welfare of other children. He shouldn't have "kicked the kid's skate" or touched him in any way, but I think the kid deserved what came to him. Lastly, I'd like to say that if this happened 50 years ago, nothing would have happened. Parents these days are too frantic about the safety of their kids. I can only imagine how horribly this kid was acting. Probably a classic case of a completely out of control child ignoring his parent/parents.
Firstly, I have an education clown. Secondly, you're IQ must hover around 80 if you think it's okay for an adult to grab a child in a public place. And lastly, I played and have a fan of hockey close to 50 years ago and never once did I ever witness a parent stupid enough to grab a kid out on the ice. I'd like to be around the day somebody grabs your kid... you'll be eating your words then moron.
Wonder

Bronx, NY

#14 Dec 9, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
people have made it sound like all the kid did was literally stop in front of other children. What actually was going on was the kid was repeatedly stopping in front of the other children, trying to stop as fast and as close to the children as possible. The other children were scared and wanted the kid to stop. the man thought that the kid might fail to stop in time and end up hurting them. An overreaction? yes. crazy? no.
FYI hes not arrogant in the least bit, believe it or not
I wonder what the parent lets the 10 year old do to his sister at home, if his actions were ok on the ice because "it was his sister".
YOU JERKS

Northfield, VT

#17 Dec 9, 2013
it was just ice ..in a friggon ICESKATING RINK are you all retarded? No one was hurt ..its the way childhood goes you PLAY, you throw snowballs you splash water ... He is a little boy ..WTF is wrong with you idiots.
teacher

Syracuse, NY

#19 Dec 10, 2013
Hockey parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really give a shit if he is an instructor or a professor! What the hell difference that make jerkoff?? The bottom line is that he is adult who grabbed a kid in a public place, which is just wrong for any level of education. Any by the way, jerkoff, I graduated with honors from college. I gather from what you wrote that grade school is calling for you to repeat.
Please do not address me as jerkoff.I do not want to be associated with your favorite pastime. Did graduate from college earning a degree through the NYS State Dept. of Corrections.Wow with honors too,.I heard you did toe touches in the shower room and wrote a paper on it.
bubba

Syracuse, NY

#20 Dec 10, 2013
Hockey parent wrote:
<quoted text>
This tells me you are ok being called a douche when you are actually a douchebag. Calling people jerkoffs is not how a college grad speaks.Spare us your trailer trash lingo next time you spew.Teacher post was not grade school level but was quite normal.
Hockey parent

Washington, DC

#21 Dec 11, 2013
teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not address me as jerkoff.I do not want to be associated with your favorite pastime. Did graduate from college earning a degree through the NYS State Dept. of Corrections.Wow with honors too,.I heard you did toe touches in the shower room and wrote a paper on it.
Wow... you should have been a stand up comedian... jerkoff!!
Hockey parent

Washington, DC

#22 Dec 11, 2013
YOU JERKS wrote:
it was just ice ..in a friggon ICESKATING RINK are you all retarded? No one was hurt ..its the way childhood goes you PLAY, you throw snowballs you splash water ... He is a little boy ..WTF is wrong with you idiots.
You are right on the money "YOU JERKS". Obviously most of the clowns on this site are struggling with the concept of young children and life itself. Maybe someday when they have children of their own and some adult stranger grabs them for no good reason, maybe (just maybe) they will be able to comprehend this subject.
bubba

Syracuse, NY

#23 Dec 11, 2013
Hockey parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... you should have been a stand up comedian... jerkoff!!
You must be a single hockey parent since you are obsessed with jerkoff references. Maybe you will meet someone soon and will change your crusty sheets more often. I bet your breath is as fresh as my hockey jock after a hard skate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No evidence placing Hillary at murder scene, po... 1 hr howdy 10
mark baker drug king pin crying wolf 7 hr i know 28
timber tavern new owwner 7 hr usa party on 8
Stephanie Bratton Wright 12 hr curious 12
News Garrett Phillipsa s mother says complaint she f... 13 hr enter 19
for all who know kirk page Thu hairpie 28
scammer in Potsdam:Warning to businesses Thu floppy 3
More from around the web

Potsdam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE