First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lizard

Long Eddy, NY

#1 Mar 29, 2012
How do they do any business...I've been in there maybe five times and each time he has been incredibly rude and belittling...
money talks eh

Winthrop, NY

#2 Mar 29, 2012
who is he? the owner? he is a goof and pretty full of himself. if he looked in the mirror he would realize he has no reason to be snobby.
DDee

Marietta, NY

#3 Mar 30, 2012
I stopped doing business with them
Years ago because the owner was so
Insultingly rude to me. Pity, they could do a lot more business in a town like this if it weren't for that.
Loyal Treadmill Customer

Skaneateles, NY

#4 Aug 13, 2012
Ted offers excellent expertise and service, and yeah, he doesn't sugar coat it. He doesn't sell junk or beat around the bush about it, nor is he going to apologize for he assessment of your request. People want something for nothing, and it's usually them, the Wal-mart-minded, who are offended and run away crying foul. A good bike costs money. Components that last aren't cheap. Repairing shit = shit. North Country people are too accustomed to sugar-coated, almost honest anything-you-want-to-hear crap. Ted is refreshingly honest and unapologetic. Set your ego aside and see through the initial sting of his honesty and you'll come out more educated and taken care of than you would anywhere else. And while you're at it, take a trip downstate sometime...you'll find that Ted's a cream puff compared to true belittlement.
bull

Jamesville, NY

#5 Aug 14, 2012
I went in there ONCE, to get some accessories for my son's very expensive BMX bike for his birthday. He completely belittled me and was very, very rude! Not sure if it was because I was a woman, but he really could have been more helpful. I knew what I wanted. I walked out and ended up ordering the parts online. If you want local business, act like it! Will never go in that place again.
Agreed

Utica, NY

#6 Aug 15, 2012
The owner is a jerk, enough said. Why are you standing up for him? It's not about sugar coating or beating around the bush. It should be about customer service. The dude thinks he's better than everyone else and acts as such. No wonder why he gets most of his business online where the customers don't need to directly interact with him!
morons losers and idiots

Winthrop, NY

#8 Aug 15, 2012
i bet he just needs to get laid. cocky men have small dicks generally. no pun intended its called the cocky small dick man syndrome. serious disease- no treatment has been discovered.
POMPOUS ASS

Washington, DC

#9 Sep 7, 2012
HA Ted is both a joke in his bike shop and his planning board job. I remember going in there about 8 years ago interested in a cross country mountain bike with disk brakes, Ted said they were just a gimmick and weren’t necessary and tried to make me feel like the guy who needs the latest gadget.I have several similar stories about this prick. (Any decent mountain bike has them now) Ted you’re a pompous ass, your reputation as just that is widely known. If I have the opportunity I always trash you and your shop.
Moves_Like_Fland ers

Mississauga, Canada

#10 Sep 22, 2012
He knows his bicycles, period. You would be hard pressed to find someone within 50 miles that has anywhere near the selection or expertise that he has.
cooler story bro

Syracuse, NY

#11 Sep 23, 2012
Nobody is saying he doesnt know bikes you brain fux, they are complaining about his attitude. Duh
been there

Norwood, NY

#12 Sep 23, 2012
whats funny is if you trade a bike in its "junk" and you get little for it but when he sells it it is the best thing going and askin top dollar.
chippy

Utica, NY

#13 Sep 26, 2012
Yeah he is really rude. high prices and crappy customer service.
morons losers and idiots

Winthrop, NY

#14 Sep 26, 2012
like i said- limp dick small penis syndrome makes for a jerkoff. did you see the rude f-n remark he made about the new eatery coming to potsdam? holy shit how rude. that most people are not smart enough to drive in a drive thru properly. his pompous ass was quoted in the local paper and he looked like a moron for the remark. definitely full of shit kind of guy.if he had any competition locally he would be out of business before he could say mountain bike.
mackenzie43

Utica, NY

#15 Sep 27, 2012
that man has an attitude problem, i'll just buy a bike on the internet to avoid him. lost another customer.
perry saturn

Syracuse, NY

#16 Sep 27, 2012
Makes me want to go there and treat him like shit. I just might.
ANOTHER CUSTOMER GONE

Auburn, NY

#17 Apr 18, 2013
A few years ago I took my bike in for a tune up. I was insulted from the start. The owner and his comments were the biggest blows only to himself. I will NEVER go back. I work way too hard for my money to give any to him.
He insulted me and my bike. Descriptive words come to mind if ever asked to describe this owner....use a vulgar inagination and you've got it dead on. For the Mothers and Fathers, hardworking people, and those who want to buy, repair or just window shop, do not waste a second giving this asshole even the first look. He may be the only show in town, but remember the customer is always right. Just read all the other comments. 90% all agree he is an asshole! There you go.
Furious scrotum

Ardsley, NY

#18 Apr 20, 2013
Moves_Like_Flanders wrote:
He knows his bicycles, period. You would be hard pressed to find someone within 50 miles that has anywhere near the selection or expertise that he has.
You would be hard pressed to find another bicycle within 50 miles of Potsdam. Tool.
Haha gotcha

Tully, NY

#19 Apr 20, 2013
ANOTHER CUSTOMER GONE wrote:
A few years ago I took my bike in for a tune up. I was insulted from the start. The owner and his comments were the biggest blows only to himself. I will NEVER go back. I work way too hard for my money to give any to him.
He insulted me and my bike. Descriptive words come to mind if ever asked to describe this owner....use a vulgar inagination and you've got it dead on. For the Mothers and Fathers, hardworking people, and those who want to buy, repair or just window shop, do not waste a second giving this asshole even the first look. He may be the only show in town, but remember the customer is always right. Just read all the other comments. 90% all agree he is an asshole! There you go.
The guy is an over-sexed, snarky, egomaniacal buffoon! The problem isn't his bike shop influence --- we can stay away from that. The major problem is that he's head of the village planning board and is doing MAJOR DAMAGE - virtually unchecked--- and we residents/ taxpayers CAN'T avoid his influence there! Wish we could get the jackass out somehow. He's way too full of himself to have this kinda power!
John

Utica, NY

#20 May 9, 2013
Ted Prahl, a verbally abusive bully.

I went in there last year to buy a new bicycle. I had budgeted $800 plus. I wanted to replace my beloved vintage Bianchi 12 speed.

He called my Bianchi "A piece of sh_t".
He also used the word "crap" a lot.

He is technically competent but appears to be unable to carry out polite conversation that is needed to be a successful business person. A person can tell the whole and complete truth without including abusive and abrasive speech.

He complained about Wal-Mart stealing his business. His rudeness chased my $800 right out of his store.

The frightening thing is that from reading the other posts, I find out that he is in charge of Potsdam Town Planning. How much damage is he going to do to the town in that position.

I drove by his shop the other day and it was empty. I came on line out of curiosity to see if he moved.
ton of crap

Winthrop, NY

#21 May 9, 2013
someone should print out these conversations and mail them to his place of business. he appears to be totally f-n clueless. having a monopoly in a town this size is the only thing that keeps this dickwad going. he is homely too- who the hell would sleep with him?that and his attitude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tandy 3 hr Dallas3 20
Rockin Demo 10 hr Eman Resu 4
Mahoney's Auto Mall sold me a lemon and wont ad... (Oct '12) 19 hr Bill 41
Legal to pat a cop on the back? Thu Common sense 2
Lindsay Ladue (Oct '12) Thu i got you 12
Lindsay LaDue Thu i got you 3
News Hillary defense seeks documentation on errors i... Thu just some good ol... 70

Potsdam Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Potsdam Mortgages