What about Matt Seymour-Town Cop?
SHARP

Manlius, NY

#2 Apr 26, 2011
He is a good cop. Cares.
deep in dip-s--t

United States

#3 Apr 27, 2011
can;t say a bad thing about the guy. if you did- you would be lying. great/awesome guy and cop. one of potsdams finest.
abc

Manlius, NY

#4 May 6, 2011
I saw him helping put sand bags out around one of the flooed homes this week wile in uniform. You would not see that from some others.
why??

Syracuse, NY

#5 May 8, 2011
Why do people start things about good people? He is a good person and really cares about people so back off!
j-walker

Albany, NY

#6 Nov 1, 2011
He is a pig...typical of small-town cops! Gave me a j-walking ticket after he almost ran me and my girlfriend over because he wasn't looking at the road...going slowly on the side of the road chatting with his swine buddy!
retired-lovingit

Syracuse, NY

#7 Nov 2, 2011
j-walker wrote:
He is a pig...typical of small-town cops! Gave me a j-walking ticket after he almost ran me and my girlfriend over because he wasn't looking at the road...going slowly on the side of the road chatting with his swine buddy!
No, definitely not a pig. Ever occur to you he gave you a j-walking ticket because you were j-walking??? Pedestrians like you cause accidents, too.
j-walker

Albany, NY

#8 Nov 2, 2011
Well...I'm not one to escape responsibility for the things I do wrong, and this case is no different. The officer was the only car driving on the road at the time, and I was one of about 5 people crossing the road.
I was the one who requested the officer move his car out of the cross-walk, as he was blocking it while moving very slowly and chatting with a friend on the side of the road.
In other words, I was given a ticket because of the cop's reaction to being told what to do, not because I violated a law. I have never been in or caused an accident on the road, and I consider myself a very safe individual, especially when dealing with the deadly instrumentality called the car.
It is wrong that people are subject to the whims and moods of a particular officer on any given day...police officers should be held to a much higher standard of behavior than the public. So many of them act in ways so unprofessional as to embarrass me for being a member of the society that hires them.
I rarely feel safer because of police officers-I was a fist-fight right down the road from my egregious infraction, and the very same officer drove by, not pausing at all.
I attempted to delete the above post, because it makes me look like a prejudiced, dim-witted, and weak-minded individual looking for a place to rest his blame so he doesn't have to carry it himself, and that is not me.
I would be a terrible police-officer, as I let my anger get the best of me and take actions such as this to get back at people who make me mad. If I could write tickets to the people who make me angry, I would find all sorts of infractions to apply and the whole world would be locked up. Officers need to be much more responsible than the common-man...sadly, they are not.
j-walker

Albany, NY

#9 Nov 2, 2011
Saw a fist-fight*
Don

Oriskany Falls, NY

#10 Nov 3, 2011
j-walker,

Its Super IDIOTS like you that gives normal idiots a bad namr.
j-walker

Albany, NY

#11 Nov 4, 2011
Thanks Don, it's nice to know I belong to a higher class of idiot
Andy

New Hartford, NY

#12 Nov 13, 2011
j- walker its people like you that keep L.E.O's employed. And if you didn't know smart one L.E.O stands for law enforcement officer.
Andy

New Hartford, NY

#13 Nov 13, 2011
Ohh Matt Seymour is one hell of a good cop and person.

Since: Oct 11

Syracuse, NY

#14 Nov 13, 2011
j-walker, I'm feeling a bit guilty now. I think I may have been a little hard on you. Maybe you didn't deserve the j-walking ticket, I don't know, but I surely don't believe you're an idiot.
be nice

Copenhagen, NY

#15 Nov 16, 2011
My family is very close with the Seymore family. We have known the Seymour family for generations... Matt is a very good guy just like his father and grandfather! NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS....PERIOD :)

They are the type of gentalmen that will still open the car door for a lady! I know cause I have had all three do it for me!
Stoner for life

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Nov 30, 2011
@be nice..you say you're close to the Seymour family..were you close enough to spell their name correctly?
and what about this...is he related??
http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/NY20...
Now for the record, I know Matt and think he is a stand up guy..or at least he was when he was younger...I also know many other cops in that town, and think Matt is probably one to worry about the least...
Wishing everyone a rockin Holidays!
A repost worth reading

Washington, DC

#18 Dec 1, 2011
I love reading this forum and seeing all the hateful and distasteful things said about our local police. I read a poem on line today and this is an excellent one:

Well, Mr. Citizen it seems you have figured me out. I seem to fit neatly into the category where you placed me. Im sterotyped, standardized, classified, grouped and always typical. Unfortunetly, the reverse is true.

I can never figure you out. From birth you teach your children that I am the Boogeyman, then you are shocked when they identify with my traditional enemy.....the crimnal.

You accuse me of coddling criminals.....until I catch your child doing something wrong. You may take an hour to eat your lunch and take several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer for just having one cup. You pride yourself on your manners but think nothing of disrupting my meals with your troubles.

You raise hell with the guy that cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and im picking on you. You know all the traffic laws but you have never have had a ticket that you deserve. You shout foul if you observe me driving fast to a call but raise the roof if I take more than 10 seconds to respond to your complaint.

You call it part of my job when someone strikes me but call it police brutality when I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth or tell your doctor how to take out an appendix, yet you are always willing to give me pointers on the law and the decisions I make. You talk to me in a manner that would get you a bloody nose anywhere else yet expect me to take it without batting an eye.

You yell something's got to be done to fight crime, yet you can't be bothered to get involved. You have no use for me at all but of course it is OK if I change a flat tire for your wife, deliver your child in the back seat of my car, spend several days away from my family to look for your son or give mouth to mouth to your daughter after she has been in a bad wreck.

So Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think that your property, family or maybe even your life may depend on me or one of my buddies.

Yes Mr. Citizen, its me.........the lousy cop.
j-walker

Albany, NY

#19 Dec 2, 2011
The second in line at Potsdam P.D., Lieutenant Mark Murray actually looked this thread up when I e-mailed him about the j-walking ticket...which I thought was pretty funny. He tried to make me look bad by bringing up an irrelevant online forum. It's nice to know that the fine officers there in Potsdam have nothing better to do.

I highly doubt that officer Seymour beat up a 17 yr old girl...but he did act in a very unprofessional manner towards me that night, and I will not let it go.

The poem is ridiculous...obviously the person who wrote it cannot spell, and it is completely inapplicable to Potsdam police...who won't even help people when their keys are locked in their car or cars are stuck in the snow. Also, attempt to drive in town to arrest sorority girls for public intoxication when they cannot safely operate their own vehicles. A sad state of affairs in the small town of Potsdam.
Get the FEDS IN

New York, NY

#20 Dec 2, 2011
To investigate the entire town!
take responsibility

Dallas, TX

#21 Dec 2, 2011
j-walker wrote:
The second in line at Potsdam P.D., Lieutenant Mark Murray actually looked this thread up when I e-mailed him about the j-walking ticket...which I thought was pretty funny. He tried to make me look bad by bringing up an irrelevant online forum. It's nice to know that the fine officers there in Potsdam have nothing better to do.

I highly doubt that officer Seymour beat up a 17 yr old girl...but he did act in a very unprofessional manner towards me that night, and I will not let it go.

The poem is ridiculous...obviously the person who wrote it cannot spell, and it is completely inapplicable to Potsdam police...who won't even help people when their keys are locked in their car or cars are stuck in the snow. Also, attempt to drive in town to arrest sorority girls for public intoxication when they cannot safely operate their own vehicles. A sad state of affairs in the small town of Potsdam.
The PD isn't supposed to help you with locked keys in your car-call Martins or AAA. You have to pay for that if you mess up. It's about $30. Police only unlock cars if kids are in there or someone is in danger. I'm sure that started after when the police were trying to help someone, then a disgruntled person filed a complaint about their locks getting messed up since it isn't good to forcefully unlock newer cars.

And j-walker-weren't you breaking the law? Sure it's a bogus ticket, and I bet hardly any are issued... but you just got in trouble for not using the designated crosswalk-which is there to keep people safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is th night manager at mcdonals 8 hr wantinher 12
whos that short cute girl with the huge tits? (Sep '12) Sat Boob guy 25
Don't be.... Sat local yokel 3
Who is angel middlemiss? (Feb '16) Sat knowher 17
Fun Apr 27 Lucy Jordan 9
Sexual relations with a minor Apr 27 Lucy Jordan 8
tax assessments in potsdam and surrounding areas (Jun '13) Apr 26 Question 12

Potsdam Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance