Kudos to Foxy Roxy's

Kudos to Foxy Roxy's

There are 16 comments on the North Country Now story from Mar 7, 2011, titled Kudos to Foxy Roxy's. In it, North Country Now reports that:

This last Monday, I decided to go to breakfast here in Potsdam. I went to Foxy Roxy's as usual and when I got there, the driveway was like a bottle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Country Now.

mother/daughter

Manlius, NY

#1 Mar 7, 2011
I wish they stayed open later especially in the summer.
total crap

United States

#2 Mar 7, 2011
well when someone falls and breaks a leg- they will get their arses out with some salt/sand. nice little place to eat- but they could stand to change the fryer grease- noone likes black and greasy fries.nice portions- decent prices- good service- but nasty fries.
negative nuisance

Frisco, TX

#3 Mar 8, 2011
total crap wrote:
well when someone falls and breaks a leg- they will get their arses out with some salt/sand. nice little place to eat- but they could stand to change the fryer grease- noone likes black and greasy fries.nice portions- decent prices- good service- but nasty fries.
Ok so if u think like this about the place don't go there!
shippie

Watertown, NY

#4 Mar 8, 2011
my wife and i go there and never had black and greasy fries everything we have ordered has been exclent great service and food. it cant that bad there cause the only problem we have had is getting a place to sit. and i dont think they do there driveway i think they call and have it done and if the person that dose it is some where else it will take a lill bit for them to get there.
total crap

United States

#5 Mar 8, 2011
it is well worth it to keep a 10 lb. bag of salt on hand to prevent a nasty fall. lots of older folks go there. not worth someone breaking a bone to spare going out with a bit of sand/salt. as for the food- 90 percent good- but have had some nasty dark fries. otherwise its a great place as you stated.great owner/staff.
Right

Manlius, NY

#6 Mar 8, 2011
All places serve great food one day and not do great the next. Are you telling me you always make perfect food to home?
As for 10lb bag of salt, is that for the whole driveway? a little unreasonable. The driveway is STEEP. Eat there in the spring. Try village diner or ebens. Both are equally delicious.
College Bound

United States

#7 Mar 22, 2011
Food is good but I see two problems:

1. Proces are really high. We had a breakfast for two and it was 25.00 - a little high for just the basics.

2. The really skinny dark haired girl - of she called me "hun" 900 times, that is a low estimate. That girl needs to quit that crap

Other than that good food
go to highschool 1st

Manlius, NY

#8 Mar 22, 2011
College Bound wrote:
Food is good but I see two problems:

1. Proces are really high. We had a breakfast for two and it was 25.00 - a little high for just the basics.

2. The really skinny dark haired girl - of she called me "hun" 900 times, that is a low estimate. That girl needs to quit that crap

Other than that good food
Corrections...proces-prices... of she called me?...also I highly doubt it was $25 for basics I've been there several times and nvr been charged that much. Also calling someone hun is a prob? Id rather have a overly kind waitress than a rude one maybe next time she should call u uneducated ass1-1ole!!
cluck cluck

Contoocook, NH

#9 Mar 22, 2011
it sucks Ive found hair in my food and they actually pretended they didnt see it! The food is digustingly greasey.!st time I went I ordered 3 scrambled eggs..and HOUR later I asked where my eggs were ..they brought me two cold fried eggs..I said I ordered 3 scrambled ..they took it back to the kitchen and just scrambled up and refried those 2 fried eggs and brought it back to me..I had enough..I told them this is unacceptable, They agreed to take 2 eggs off my bill ..but after waiting an hour and chitty service, I think I should have gotten our meals for free. Ive been there twice thought I'd give them another chance..After the hair..and the way they tried to hide it under an egg on my plate and say they saw no hair ..GROSS ..NOWAY would I go there again
cluck cluck

Contoocook, NH

#10 Mar 22, 2011
go to highschool 1st wrote:
<quoted text>
Corrections...proces-prices... of she called me?...also I highly doubt it was $25 for basics I've been there several times and nvr been charged that much. Also calling someone hun is a prob? Id rather have a overly kind waitress than a rude one maybe next time she should call u uneducated ass1-1ole!!
Yes calling someone "HUN" is backwood's ignorant and nobody wants to hear it ..If we are dating you can call me "hun" till then save the unwarranted flirty words ..ecspecially when youre a 200 lb waitress wearing tight shorts in the winter ..talk about losing your appetite
Owen hart

Manlius, NY

#11 Mar 23, 2011
To cluck cluck: youre one dumb s.o.b. for eating/paying for food that was allegedly awful. Cook your own food d bag
sallliemae

Childwold, NY

#12 Mar 24, 2011
sounds like you might own a dinner in potsdam and are jelious of there diner
makes me ill

Manlius, NY

#13 Mar 24, 2011
sallliemae wrote:
sounds like you might own a dinner in potsdam and are jelious of there diner
It's jealous you uneducated sh!t
sallliemae

Watertown, NY

#14 Mar 24, 2011
well i did not think anyone was that smart on heer you win a prize.

Since: Dec 09

Syracuse, NY

#15 Mar 24, 2011
It's a diner for crying out loud. You will get a hair in your food once in a while, A rainbow floating on top of your soda, dirty silverware, it happens. The same as it happens at home. The food is all short order and fast paced so there will be some human error. If you don't like it, don't go there. The only thing I don't like at Foxy's is the size of the coffee cups. Way too small. Who doesn't like to be called hun? Only a jealous wife or girlfriend. How petty is that? Overall from 1 scale of 1 to 10, 1 being bad, Foxy's get's a strong 7 from me.
sallliemae

Watertown, NY

#16 Mar 24, 2011
droopy draws is 100% rite the coffee cups are small but they keep them toped off i dont think i have ran out off coffee there the service is excleant and the food is all so.only other thing there thats bad is trying to find a place to sit so that should tell you something.a full diner is a good diner i think the filled up tables and booths should say enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mark baker drug king pin crying wolf (Mar '15) 17 hr heyatawin 30
Andrew Carranza (Jul '15) Wed Lol 7
WOW China launches the first quantum teleportat... Aug 20 Scared 2
northern seamless gutters good or not Aug 20 Old Man 2
Stephanie Bratton Wright (Apr '15) Aug 19 Bella 71
GSXR Bike Aug 18 Chocolate 13
The rockin metthies Aug 17 Florida Kathy 37

Potsdam Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance