First Prev
of 2
Next Last
seriously

Marietta, NY

#21 Mar 29, 2013
Haha wrote:
I know for a fact that you do not have to work or take classes to collect a welfare check! You should all be drug tested though...just like the working class has to be drug free to keep a job...you should also have to be drug free to collect a government check!! You need help for a few months..fine, but don't spend years living off the taxpayers.
its called temporary assistance for a reason. It's not called live off me for ever because I am to lazy to work.
BETTER THEN YOU

Belmont, MA

#22 Mar 29, 2013
Haha wrote:
I know for a fact that you do not have to work or take classes to collect a welfare check! You should all be drug tested though...just like the working class has to be drug free to keep a job...you should also have to be drug free to collect a government check!! You need help for a few months..fine, but don't spend years living off the taxpayers.
Well im sorry i was a little wrong, if you need your ged they will set u up with classes, but you have to show them you have been looking for a job, date and place. People think is just handed to them, well its not they have to do and show a lot of stuff to get that money. Some really need the help, but to run people day when you dont know there story.
whatever

Tully, NY

#23 Mar 29, 2013
no we dont no their story. but some just abuse the system and people that do work cant afford have of ths shit they have so stupid . their times i cant even afford to buy food its hard
BETTER THEN YOU

Belmont, MA

#24 Mar 29, 2013
whatever wrote:
no we dont no their story. but some just abuse the system and people that do work cant afford have of ths shit they have so stupid . their times i cant even afford to buy food its hard
So you get mad at them bc they make less money then you and get help, there are places that will help you if you need food and I would be one of them people to help, but it pisses me off to hear you all run people down bc theh dont make good money and get help. Its sad!!''
BUMalways

Ogdensburg, NY

#25 Mar 29, 2013
some work, some dont . then some choose not too.
I have worked my whole life, an only 26 and food stamps are savin me now!!!
xyz

New Hartford, NY

#26 Mar 30, 2013
BETTER THEN YOU wrote:
<quoted text> So you get mad at them bc they make less money then you and get help, there are places that will help you if you need food and I would be one of them people to help, but it pisses me off to hear you all run people down bc theh dont make good money and get help. Its sad!!''
As long as they are making an honest effort to change their situation, then help is fine temporarily.
BETTER THEN YOU

Allston, MA

#27 Mar 30, 2013
xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as they are making an honest effort to change their situation, then help is fine temporarily.
I agree!! Most are on it a short time. Thats why its called temporary assistance.
Hard Worker

Marietta, NY

#28 Mar 30, 2013
I disagree to some extent about the drug testing, simply because it cost to tax payer dollars. I wish the state was a little more stick on the people who have been using the system for multiple years.
I don't judge the people that use temporary asst, i judge the ones who abuse it and use it as a paycheck. So many families are denied help because they might make a few dollars over the limit so there for they starve or go with out medical care. If the state were able to crack down on fraud then maybe they would up the income guidelines to help the struggling working families. Its just sad to see so many struggle to feed there families and to see so many living off the system simply because they can.
xyz

New Hartford, NY

#29 Mar 30, 2013
I agree with most of what you said except for drug testing. The money that the tax payers would save if they sanctioned everyone who tested positive for drugs would more than make up the cost of the drug testing. And maybe if they couldn't sit home all day stoned, they may find some ambition to go to work...it sounds silly, but if they want their drugs they should work for them lol!!
Hard Worker

Marietta, NY

#30 Mar 30, 2013
Well let me explain a little as to why i disagree. They first did this in FL. Here is a link with the out come of it. Most drug users know how to pass a drug test. I know how crazy that sounds but its true. just read this article
https://www.google.com/search...
better link

Marietta, NY

#31 Mar 30, 2013
victor

Tully, NY

#32 Mar 30, 2013
if u need it fine but no for a long time. their people out their that cant get insurance unless they pay for it but cant afford it. their people that might be over a dollar for food stamps. i was behind someone that was buy frigging lobsters with frigging food stamps come on that is pretty bad
xyz

New Hartford, NY

#33 Mar 30, 2013
better link wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04 /18/us/no-savings-found-in-flo rida-welfare-drug-tests.html
Hmmm, well I don't know the answer then! What can be done to stop the people who abuse the system? I can think of a few families who have lived on it for 3 generations....at least! That is just wrong! It's not just Temporary Assistance either, I know many on Social Security Disability who are definitely not disabled! Sucks for those of us who have worked our entire lives and may not be able to collect Social Security when the time comes. It will be drained by those who just plain did not want to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cedar Lodge last thread dissappered (Aug '13) 3 hr Call me crazy 8
Burger King Fri YoMama 2
Can anything be done? Fri just wondering 6
News Tall towers Thu Horseman 6
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... Aug 5 local yokel 97
Left Libertarian / Anarchist study group Aug 2 lol 28
Anyone want to make quick money? Aug 2 Jimmy 6

Potsdam Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Potsdam Mortgages