First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Obama

Albany, NY

#1 Apr 15, 2013
This is what happens when the United States sticks there nose in everyone's business. We have our own problems and we keepin messing with everyone else.
Hmmm

New Hartford, NY

#2 Apr 16, 2013
Who said it wasn't a US citizen that did this? We have plenty of crazy people right here.
Alejandro

Reseda, CA

#3 Apr 16, 2013
This is what happens when a religion was found in the 6th that spread by the sword by the hands of Mohammed himself. He murdered more people than a serial killer, raped women (in the Koran and Haddith) and his followers have been doing so for centuries. But I am sure that liberal idiots such as yourself will somehow find a way to blame the USA for the millions conquered/killed amd indigenous cultures destroy of the middle east destroyed in the name of Allah in the 6th century, 7th century, 8th century, 9th century, etc.

Destruction of the Great Library of Alexandria at the hands of Muslims? American fault.

The conquest and enslavement of Iberian Christians at the hands of Muslims between the years 711 and 1492? Americans fault.

Terrorism is NEVER Islam's fault... hundreds of years of Islamic oppression and conquest must be America's fault throughout Islam's entire history.

Liberal idiot... violent Jihad is the fault of Muslims!!!! They COULD choose to accept other faiths but they DO NOT! The wage war agaibst non believer and have done so for 1400 FUCKING YEARS!!!
Hmmm

New Hartford, NY

#4 Apr 16, 2013
&fe ature=player_detailpage
I wonder

New Hartford, NY

#5 Apr 16, 2013
Did the United States government orchestrate this attack, pretending to be a terrorist organization of some sort, in order to justify expanded security powers?

This is an interesting question?
AWK

Potsdam, NY

#6 Apr 16, 2013
Alejandro wrote:
This is what happens when a religion was found in the 6th that spread by the sword by the hands of Mohammed himself. He murdered more people than a serial killer, raped women (in the Koran and Haddith) and his followers have been doing so for centuries. But I am sure that liberal idiots such as yourself will somehow find a way to blame the USA for the millions conquered/killed amd indigenous cultures destroy of the middle east destroyed in the name of Allah in the 6th century, 7th century, 8th century, 9th century, etc.
Destruction of the Great Library of Alexandria at the hands of Muslims? American fault.
The conquest and enslavement of Iberian Christians at the hands of Muslims between the years 711 and 1492? Americans fault.
Terrorism is NEVER Islam's fault... hundreds of years of Islamic oppression and conquest must be America's fault throughout Islam's entire history.
Liberal idiot... violent Jihad is the fault of Muslims!!!! They COULD choose to accept other faiths but they DO NOT! The wage war agaibst non believer and have done so for 1400 FUCKING YEARS!!!
Clearly there are barbaric issues in some of those who believe in Islam which we can not control but there are a lot of Islamists who are not terrorists. The US government has done nothing but shake the bees nest for the last 60 years by butting in, flip-flopping on alliances, and generally f-ing things up diplomatically. So, while there is a fundamental issue with Islamic extremists, we have done nothing positive to try to improve the situation.

And your childish classification of those you deem to be "liberals" and "idiots" also do nothing to help the situation. As a matter of fact, your hatred of those who differ in their opinions is symptomatic of what is wrong with US politics and why we can't solve any problems.

You lose power in your arguments when you call names. Those who fail to acknowledge our government's part in creating anti-American animosity in the Middle East could be called idiots as well.
hill billy

Tupelo, MS

#7 Apr 16, 2013
This is why I don't go to big gatherings of people.Just a week ago there was a festival in Sipsy Forks and there were upwards of 50 folks there.Not me ,you won't catch me there.Those people only bomb where they can kill a bunch of people.
True

New Hartford, NY

#8 Apr 16, 2013
When actually real terror would come from never knowing or suspecting a thing...like blowing up these small towns that are barely on the map as it is! You would never know where to go to be safe if that were the case.
FactFinder

Asheville, NC

#9 Apr 16, 2013
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and I don't put much thought into the "Illuminati" stuff, but I was hoping to find someone who could help me clarify some things.
Yesterday, almost all of the news networks,(Local, National, and International) reported that they found up to 5 other explosive devices, or packages containing explosive material, and now today all those statements have been retracted and the point has been made that "two, and only two explosive devices were found". Can anyone help me find the original source of the reports about the other explosive devices? I understand that people were in a frenzy, and wanted the most recent news they could get about the investigation, but how could something like a false report of 5 other explosives be picked up and distributed by major news networks without a very credible source for the information?
Also, I heard yesterday that the Boston Bomb Squad was conducting drills just prior to and during the time of the explosions, can anyone please confirm or deny this for me? I saw 30 seconds of a press conference with Boston police commisoner Ed Davis, where he was asked by a reporter in the crowd about the drills, and he never adressed the actual question, he just used double talk and avoided the question without confirming or denying it himself. I tried to locate that press conference again today, and it seems that those particular videos have been removed and taken down, or that the new ones that exist in their place have all been edited to remove only that line of questioning and the commisioners answer to it. I'll reinforce the point that I'm not looking for a conspiracy, I just want to get all the facts. If anyone has links or videos that could help answer these questions for me definitevly, they would be very much appreciated.
I would also like to take this time to offer my condolences to everyone involved or who has family or friends involved in this heinous crime. My thoughts are with you, and I hope that you can begin to recover from this sooner rather than later.
I wonder

New Hartford, NY

#10 Apr 16, 2013
FactFinder...I was looking at Boston, MA Topix. They had a lot of links to different video footage and news clips. I heard that there were 2 other bombs found that were disarmed. Today, a different story as you say...now they are stating there were no other bombs. Good luck finding what you are looking for.
Limey bastard

Almaty, Kazakhstan

#11 Apr 16, 2013
America has plenty of homegrown terrorists. I will wait until some evidence is found, before blaming Muslims. This was not a suicide attack. That speaks in favour of this being the work of some American right winger, because his religion does or send him to paradise for it,
FactFinder

Asheville, NC

#12 Apr 16, 2013
I wonder wrote:
FactFinder...I was looking at Boston, MA Topix. They had a lot of links to different video footage and news clips. I heard that there were 2 other bombs found that were disarmed. Today, a different story as you say...now they are stating there were no other bombs. Good luck finding what you are looking for.
Thank you for your feedback, my mind has been ticking over since the news broke yesterday and all through the night in a sort of one man investigation to compile a list of definitive facts on this, I've posted these same questions in similar fashions on quite a few random forums and I've poured over hours of articles and video clips hoping that someone out there can help me narrow down original sources. I don't mind to not have the names of the sources, I just want to find the first instance that these things were mentioned. If and when I do come across facts pertaining to these issues, I'll post the links here for anyone else who is interested.
stop

Utica, NY

#13 Apr 16, 2013
Alejandro wrote:
This is what happens when a religion was found in the 6th that spread by the sword by the hands of Mohammed himself. He murdered more people than a serial killer, raped women (in the Koran and Haddith) and his followers have been doing so for centuries. But I am sure that liberal idiots such as yourself will somehow find a way to blame the USA for the millions conquered/killed amd indigenous cultures destroy of the middle east destroyed in the name of Allah in the 6th century, 7th century, 8th century, 9th century, etc.

Destruction of the Great Library of Alexandria at the hands of Muslims? American fault.

The conquest and enslavement of Iberian Christians at the hands of Muslims between the years 711 and 1492? Americans fault.

Terrorism is NEVER Islam's fault... hundreds of years of Islamic oppression and conquest must be America's fault throughout Islam's entire history.

Liberal idiot... violent Jihad is the fault of Muslims!!!! They COULD choose to accept other faiths but they DO NOT! The wage war agaibst non believer and have done so for 1400 FUCKING YEARS!!!
So Catholics are terrorists also? Did u hear about the crusades? But no u are probably right. Blame the entire religion and entire Middle East.
Pres Obama must love you. You are the IDEAL 'Merican.
redneck one

Utica, NY

#14 Apr 16, 2013
We have to stop letting these 'camel jockeys' from coming into our country and taking advantage of being educated only to go back and perform jihad on us here and abroad!
And yes, I am becoming a racist! I hate Allah and all he stands for....
I wonder

New Hartford, NY

#15 Apr 16, 2013
FactFinder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your feedback, my mind has been ticking over since the news broke yesterday and all through the night in a sort of one man investigation to compile a list of definitive facts on this, I've posted these same questions in similar fashions on quite a few random forums and I've poured over hours of articles and video clips hoping that someone out there can help me narrow down original sources. I don't mind to not have the names of the sources, I just want to find the first instance that these things were mentioned. If and when I do come across facts pertaining to these issues, I'll post the links here for anyone else who is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Looks like these news reports had to change their story real quick!
stop

Utica, NY

#16 Apr 16, 2013
It had to be Muslims right? They were responsible for The OKC bombings.... And the one in Atlanta during the Olympics.....(Please sense the sarcasm)
trevor

Tully, NY

#18 Apr 16, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
Who said it wasn't a US citizen that did this? We have plenty of crazy people right here.
I agree!!I believe its a domestic terrorist right from the start!!ppl are nuts now.its probably someone showing the country that even if they ban guns if someone is sick enough they will use other means. Weapons don't kill ppl using them do!!!!!
FactFinder

Asheville, NC

#19 Apr 16, 2013
I'm not sure how many people have viewed this forum or my posts from earlier since I added my thoughts, but I've been making my rounds and checking on other threads where I asked the same things. I've finally made it back here and I thought I would share a link I found from the huffington post, that has apparently been updated as late as 3:00 P.m. today (16th of April) which has a pretty detailed timeline of the events that have taken place over the last 2 days. It also still includes the report about other explosives being found in addition to the ones that exploded. The website claims that a "Senior U.S. Intelligence Official" was the source but remained anonymous due to the on-going criminal investigation. So after I tracked down the source ... I'm more confused than ever. If a senior government official was the source, you would expect their information to be reliable to an extent, especially if they could remain anonymous and avoid fall-out from any accusations of false statements and the like. But today's reports about only the 2 explosives being found contradicts yesterdays reports of "multiple" explosives (I've seen reports of up to 5).

Here is the Huffington Post link with the timeline and several other pretty up to date articles, including pictures of the pressure cookers and a backpack that was found at the scene.

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../boston-explosion-n... ...

I still can't find the interview with Ed Davis dodging the "Bomb Drill" question, but apparently the @bostonglobe twitter account tweeted about the bomb drill between 8:30 a.m. & 10:30 a.m. on Monday morning.(That is the official Twitter account of the Boston Globe) That tweet has been archived by several people and news agencies, but has since been removed from the Boston Globe Twitter account.

New news is breaking about the pressure cooker bombs right now, saying that they were meant to be "Improvised Claymore Devices" meaning they were meant to directionally spread the BB's, Ball Bearings, and Nails toward the crowd and the street. They are also saying that the explosives and containers (The pressure cookers) were crudely made, but that the circuit board timers/detanators, were sophisticated. This new information worries me a bit, but also makes me think even more than I have already. I'm worried that this may turn into a drawn-out investigation, like the 15 year search for the unabomber, because they're aren't finding a definitive signature of who made the bombs. Also it makes me think that maybe that was the intention all along. That the Bomber(s) used such a crude easily made design, that speculation would be all over the place as to who could have done it. They knew people would jump to conclusions out of fear. They knew some of my fellow Americans would assume it was foriegn terrorists, due to the fact that the media has made the word "Terrorist" synonymous with the Muslim community as well as Iraq and Afghanastan. One of the first people questioned yesterday about the bombings was a Saudi national, who also had his apartment searched and items confiscated from his home by the FBI and ATF before he was eventually cleared of any involvment. That in itself clearly says that the color of his skin had something to do with him being guarded and questioned even before he was fully treated for the burns he recieved at the bombing. But some people seem to forget that it wasn't just Americans running in this marathon or standing on the sidewalks. As a matter of fact the 3rd person confirmed dead from these bombings was a Chinese student. There were also quite a few annual anniverseries and holidays that coincided with April 15th (Look them up, I won't post them because I don't want people to feel singled out) Also there are countless groups that use the marathon as a way to raise funds for disease and the like. So basically, not knowing the true target, is limiting us from finding the bombers.
FactFinder

Asheville, NC

#20 Apr 16, 2013
I'm not sure how many people have viewed this forum or my posts from earlier since I added my thoughts, but I've been making my rounds and checking on other threads where I asked the same things. I've finally made it back here and I thought I would share a link I found from the huffington post, that has apparently been updated as late as 3:00 P.m. today (16th of April) which has a pretty detailed timeline of the events that have taken place over the last 2 days. It also still includes the report about other explosives being found in addition to the ones that exploded. The website claims that a "Senior U.S. Intelligence Official" was the source but remained anonymous due to the on-going criminal investigation. So after I tracked down the source ... I'm more confused than ever. If a senior government official was the source, you would expect their information to be reliable to an extent, especially if they could remain anonymous and avoid fall-out from any accusations of false statements and the like. But today's reports about only the 2 explosives being found contradicts yesterdays reports of "multiple" explosives (I've seen reports of up to 5).

Here is the Huffington Post link with the timeline and several other pretty up to date articles, including pictures of the pressure cookers and a backpack that was found at the scene.

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../boston-explosion-n... ...

I still can't find the interview with Ed Davis dodging the "Bomb Drill" question, but apparently the @bostonglobe twitter account tweeted about the bomb drill between 8:30 a.m. & 10:30 a.m. on Monday morning.(That is the official Twitter account of the Boston Globe) That tweet has been archived by several people and news agencies, but has since been removed from the Boston Globe Twitter account.

New news is breaking about the pressure cooker bombs right now, saying that they were meant to be "Improvised Claymore Devices" meaning they were meant to directionally spread the BB's, Ball Bearings, and Nails toward the crowd and the street. They are also saying that the explosives and containers (The pressure cookers) were crudely made, but that the circuit board timers/detenators, were sophisticated. This new information worries me a bit, but also makes me think even more than I have already. I'm worried that this may turn into a drawn-out investigation, like the 15 year search for the unabomber, because they're aren't finding a definitive signature of who made the bombs. Also it makes me think that maybe that was the intention all along. That the Bomber(s) used such a crude easily made design, that speculation would be all over the place as to who could have done it. They knew people would jump to conclusions out of fear. They knew some of my fellow Americans would assume it was foreign terrorists, due to the fact that the media has made the word "Terrorist" synonymous with the Muslim community as well as Iraq and Afghanastan. One of the first people questioned yesterday about the bombings was a Saudi national, who also had his apartment searched and items confiscated from his home by the FBI and ATF before he was eventually cleared of any involvment. That in itself clearly says that the color of his skin had something to do with him being guarded and questioned even before he was fully treated for the burns he recieved at the bombing. But some people seem to forget that it wasn't just Americans running in this marathon or standing on the sidewalks. As a matter of fact the 3rd person confirmed dead from these bombings was a Chinese student. There were also quite a few annual anniverseries and holidays that coincided with April 15th (Look them up, I won't post them because I don't want people to feel singled out) Also there are countless groups that use the marathon as a way to raise funds for disease and the like. So basically, not knowing the true target, is limiting us from finding the bombers.
FactFinder

Asheville, NC

#21 Apr 16, 2013
I'm very sorry for the double posting, my computer got confused or something ... I would also like to add another link to my post, one of the reports that mentions the 5 unexploded devices.
www.zerohedge.com/news/.../five-more-undetona... -...
I hope anyone who reads my little rants and rambles at least thinks about it a little. I'm just confused (as most of us probably are) about the events that took place yesterday and that continue to unfold today. Tons of information draggining us in a thousand different directions, people pointing fingers, spreading rumors (like the rumors about someone claiming responsiblity which have since been proven false) No real leads, no real evidence. Just theory's. I just want the facts. All of them. I want to sort out the mangled mess of news reports and numbers and quotes. If we could take any knowledge, away from all the events since 9/11, it's that mis-information breeds hatred, discontent, and fear in people. I don't want to be a victim of misinterpreted facts, or words out of context.
Thanks to anyone who made it through all my words, and I hope you at least found it interesting if not helpful in some way. I will be compiling my own timeline including every detailed fact I can verify, that will include every news report, tweet, facebook posting, youtube video, and photograph that I can piece together to give a full display of how the events started and how the news spread through social media and television. I will include a full list of sources and first time instances of quotes and reports made public. When it's done I will post a link here to a site where it will be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Potsdam.... 1st opinions. 11 min Eric Tile 6
Marie and Wes Conklin Matthie (Jun '15) 3 hr Becca39 64
News Judge sends former Gouverneur resident to priso... (Feb '13) 21 hr mackey 39
St. Lawrence County 22 hr mackey 2
Surgery Sun justsayin 13
The rockin metthies (Mar '16) Sun Becca 46
Kris Haley-Maria Matthies new fella Dec 3 In fairness 13

Potsdam Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Potsdam Mortgages