LaCasbah - Common Sense Not So Common

Posted in the Potsdam Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
uwannaknow

Copenhagen, NY

#1 Aug 15, 2011
I've read alot about this bar lately. Seems like every other Sat. night they make the police blotter for excessive noise. FYI, louder does not mean better. Common sense to most.
never

United States

#2 Aug 17, 2011
I would never go into that place! I heard its dirty. ALSO I knw of people who are kicked out of every other bar BUT that one, and that tells me that they let anyone in there! and it's true, the music is so loud u can hear it walking by the theater!...People are outside alot because they will go deaf if they stay inside there.

Honestly, theres not one bar i can think of around here that is nice enough for me to go to. The closest would be deer valley!
lawenforcement

Potsdam, NY

#3 Aug 17, 2011
Only thing I can think of for the music being so loud saturdays is so you can't hear how lousy it is. You have to be a complete idiot to keep getting the same complaint the same day every week. Either they must not want to be in business long or too stupid to care. My cousin hangs out there once in a while and said theres this bartender that told him the owners make the workers split tips with them. What assholes but the bartender is just as dumb for staying there.
R U KIDDING

Copenhagen, NY

#4 Aug 17, 2011
Its not just on Saturday they get noise complaints.. It has happened on Thursdays and Fridays as well. So its not like its JUST THE SATURDAY DJ.. also.. its happened on Saturdays that the NORMAL dj is not there. This is all because its the competing bar MCDuffs is calling in these stupid complaints! And this seems kind of funny that all these complaints about La Casbah come on Topix right after a certain DJ got fired... hmmmmm
A Casbah regular

Copenhagen, NY

#5 Aug 17, 2011
"make it louder so you can't hear how lousy it is"? That doesn't even make sense. Do you know how sound work? If there are more people in the bar the music needs to be turned up louder because the sounds gets sucked up by the extra mass and the extra voices mean you have to be louder to hear it. Unfortunately for Casbah the back wall leads to a wide open parking lot and at the other end is an apartment building where a bunch of old people live. They have to pay extra rent to have an air conditioner in their apartments so most of them just leave their windows open. They are the ones that call in the complaints the most. I have heard the rumors of Duffs calling it in too but I have been there when the cops have said it was from the appartments. It doesn't matter who is DJing at the time. More people means the music gets louder. I guess when that is the hot spot in town that is the price to pay. As for the "dirty" comment, have you been to backstreets? oh right if you had you would probably still be stuck to the floor and not writing on here. Duffs basements is sticking and nasty too. You just can't tell as much because they keep it so dark. Even Maxfields has trouble keeping the old beer and puke smell down lately. Wherever there are a lot of people drinking there is going some dirty and stickyness. I think they actually do a pretty good job keeping up with it.
hometown hero

United States

#6 Aug 18, 2011
They also sell drugs like ecstacy and cocaine out of there.
DD

Manlius, NY

#7 Aug 18, 2011
R U KIDDING wrote:
Its not just on Saturday they get noise complaints.. It has happened on Thursdays and Fridays as well. So its not like its JUST THE SATURDAY DJ.. also.. its happened on Saturdays that the NORMAL dj is not there. This is all because its the competing bar MCDuffs is calling in these stupid complaints! And this seems kind of funny that all these complaints about La Casbah come on Topix right after a certain DJ got fired... hmmmmm
Sad how often the "competing bar" gets blamed. I used to think it was true too till I started going there instead. All this business rivalry is pretty much made up.. The apartments on the other hand are usually the cause. Just bad luck in building placement.
peoplethesedays

Potsdam, NY

#8 Aug 18, 2011
casbah is not dirty....went to mcduffs a few saturdays back for something different...I couldn't even get traction on the floor because it was just flooded with spilled drinks and who knows what else. wouldn't go back again. I enjoy casbah. Last time I was in there someone had vomited (it happens) and they instantly fenced it off, cleaned it, and then had staff stand there until the mopped up liquid was cleaned. Puke happens, and they handled it well. As for the noise, if you look at the police blotter and sound off on NCN the calls do come from the neighboring elderly apartment building. The large parking lot and open air around the bar allows for echoing. The music is not bad, and if you are inside of the bar, you can still have conversations easily, and the reason why people are usually outside, one reason is to smoke, and the other is because the place is always packed! They must be doing something right!! End of the day everyone. this is just a business...it is not something to be dramatic or upset about. if you have had a bad experience anywhere, share it, and then allow others to form their own opinions. BUT my opinion. Casbah wins best bar in Potsdam hands down as far as staff, cleanliness, and comfortable to be in,(as well as a good sound system/dj).
never

United States

#9 Aug 18, 2011
TO 'A casbah Regular'
--My dirty comment was to casbah, but I also believe it about every other bar in potdam, norwood, massena, right through. I have NEVER stepped foot in ANY bar in Potsdam, and I probably NEVER, unless im lookin for someone MAYBE. All the bars are gross, go to Deer Valley, thats the kind of atmosphere I LIKE. Every bar here is full of trash, not saying everyone, but the good ones are overpowered by the trash.
DJ Scorpio

Potsdam, NY

#10 Aug 18, 2011
R U KIDDING wrote:
Sorry to disappoint your theory but this is my first time coming to this topix forum site. A friend told me about your comment and I actually find it amusing. Why would I bash a place that I have built a relationship with over the years. Me and ownership have bumped heads many times but we have always remained friends. But if that is what you want to believe have fun. But don't try to assume I would stoop to such a level. I'm quite sure you will see me there on occassion so take care and when you go out go out to have a good time not to cause a bad time. Take care... DJ Scorpio
uwannaknow

Copenhagen, NY

#11 Aug 18, 2011
R U Kidding, you seem to be very defensive. I don't recall stating EVERY SATURDAY noise complaints come in. I don't recall pointing fingers at a specific DJ either. Honestly, I don't even know who DJ's there or when. I was commenting on what I had read and the majority of complaints fall on Saturdays. It's a fact. I would have to say by the attitude displayed in your response to my comment that the DJ fired was probably done so with your help. He/She is probably better off not working there.
bust em

Manlius, NY

#12 Aug 22, 2011
getting real sick of all the bars in this town selling drugs and doing drugs in their establishments with the towns people. Isn't it time to put an end to the coke and marijuana dealing La Casbah and the the Coke dealers Mc Duffs. La Casbah is also quite popular for supporting underage drinking! Im going to hire a PI and get them shut down!
lmao

United States

#13 Aug 22, 2011
bust em --LMAO do it do it! Just have OSHA go in, they will be shut down within minutes.
Eh.

Manlius, NY

#14 Aug 22, 2011
OSHA will make them put in a hand rail!!! Hehe... Sry. Old joke.:-p
lol casbah

Canton, NY

#15 Aug 24, 2011
best drugs in town will go again A+
coppertop

Manlius, NY

#16 Sep 14, 2011
the best time to score is on Saturdays When DJ V & his skanky gf are there. Play your cards right and you can even have a piece of her, seen it happen.
ha ha ha

Copenhagen, NY

#17 Sep 16, 2011
His "skanky gf" is his fiance they are getting married soon and she has NEVER been with anyone but him. So you have not seen anything happen you jealous loser.
DJV

Copenhagen, NY

#18 Sep 16, 2011
I am not just his skanky girlfriend thank you very much. I am half of DJ V, and if you didn't know that , than you really don't know what you are talking about and I have not been with anyone but my fiance since we got together almost a year ago.
DJV

Copenhagen, NY

#19 Sep 16, 2011
And further more I admit that I am an affectionate person and I show this through Hugs and kisses. That does NOT mean that I am having sex or going home with ANYONE BUT MY FIANCE.
Other Half of DJV

Copenhagen, NY

#20 Sep 16, 2011
It is stupid people like Bust Em spreading this kind of shit that caused the Police to waste a lot of time and money raiding Casbah last year. You know how many underage people were there drinking? One with a very good fake ID to was good enough that they didn't even come down on Casbah for it. They are very strict about the no underage thing. Coppertop, if you have a personal issue with Casbah don't go attackng us. Like's I've said before, if you don't like it go somewhere else. Coppertop was right about one thing though. If you want to score with someone, your best bet is probably while we are there(just not with either of us). That's because that is where the most people are so your chances are better. It's usually packed. Oh and That is actually on Fridays and Saturdays now. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary defense seeks documentation on errors i... 3 hr Hypocrit 16
dollar tree potsdam (Feb '15) 14 hr douch 19
Kameron Perry Wed Curious 1
Dance at the Body Shop Wed Honest Opinion 2
News Issues in Hillary DNA hearing could have nation... Wed Didnt go down tha... 5
Little italy cooks Wed TTTT 15
Bagelry (May '15) Jul 26 The night 14

Potsdam Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Potsdam Mortgages