Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1 May 24, 2013
Welcome shock on the way to work this morning, not the normal country, but 80's? Hope they keep the local news/sports, but I'm checking it out...I usually flip to the Fox after the news.....but I'm digging this...

Location hidden

#2 May 24, 2013
Update...

WPDM is the AM on 1470 that is now CBS Sports Radio and WSNN is 99.3...which is now 80's...huh learned something new...didnt know they had an AM
but

Utica, NY

#3 May 24, 2013
Jackndeer1 wrote:
Update...

WPDM is the AM on 1470 that is now CBS Sports Radio and WSNN is 99.3...which is now 80's...huh learned something new...didnt know they had an AM
They've had the AM for a while. I only know that because they would broadcast some of the local HS sports on it when they had something better going on for the FM station

Location hidden

#4 May 25, 2013
I listened for a little bit yesterday...sounded cool. Good for them, hope they do well.
Country

New Hartford, NY

#5 May 25, 2013
Anything is better than the stupid Country music that every station up here seems to play!
True Story

Utica, NY

#6 May 25, 2013
Country wrote:
Anything is better than the stupid Country music that every station up here seems to play!
Agreed. Country is too commercial, like today's pop music

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#7 May 25, 2013
Country wrote:
I think the 80's music is a great switch, and will be well received. Having Scott Dosztan as the news man is wonderful. His voice and personality is a plus and he is very knowledgeable. So all In all I agree that country belongs on a different station.
ha

Utica, NY

#8 May 27, 2013
If its the same company that owns 96.7 and 102.9 get ready for the same song 50x a day
George (but not really)

North Olmsted, OH

#9 May 27, 2013
ha wrote:
If its the same company that owns 96.7 and 102.9 get ready for the same song 50x a day
Wrong. Not the same company. Stephens owns 96.7/102.9 (and 101.5/96.1/1340 WMSA & 98.7).

This is Martz Communications- different company.
No Thanks

Utica, NY

#10 May 28, 2013
No. No. No. No. NO.

Location hidden

#11 May 28, 2013
Jackndeer1 wrote:
Welcome shock on the way to work this morning, not the normal country, but 80's? Hope they keep the local news/sports, but I'm checking it out...I usually flip to the Fox after the news.....but I'm digging this...
Love the 80's 'bout time we get a non country station.. more choice for the listeners, people just don't like or adjust to change very well these days. I say don't like it find another station.

Location hidden

#12 May 28, 2013
ha wrote:
It really is no different than television.. Redundancy seems to be quite popular... If you missed the show wait 2 hours it will be on again. Same with radio. I don't sit 24/7 watching tv nor listening to the radio so I find it hard to believe that songs will be repetitive in 24 hour period. I did some research and there are over 1 milion 80's songs recorded, so I figure shouldn't have a repeat if the station does their homework...
retired_lovingit

Ogdensburg, NY

#13 Jun 5, 2013
Like the change in music since I'm no fan of country, but gosh, I miss the news reports. Why no news reports???
For real

United States

#14 Jun 6, 2013
No Thanks wrote:
No. No. No. No. NO.
AGREE!!! Not Happy! They will and have lost some listeners!! Not just my husband I! So much for the morning routine! Out the window!!! Glad Andy was smart enough to get out in time!!!
bobby

Utica, NY

#15 Jun 6, 2013
I also miss the web page. Used to download the 'local' news in case I missed the live announcement. Too bad. The papers are full of complaints about this change. 4 letters "This Week" alone
George (but not really)

Madison, OH

#16 Jun 6, 2013
bobby wrote:
I also miss the web page. Used to download the 'local' news in case I missed the live announcement. Too bad. The papers are full of complaints about this change. 4 letters "This Week" alone
Listen to Wmsa on-line. Sandy Cook is a broadcast legend in Massena. Great local radio. With Bob Larue (former 99 Hits) on news.
Do not like

Springfield, NJ

#17 Jun 7, 2013
I don't lie the new station at all. My morning routine us out te window too!
yeah

Utica, NY

#18 Jun 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="George (but not really)"]<quoted text>Listen to Wmsa on-line. Sandy Cook is a broadcast legend in Massena. Great local radio. With Bob Larue (former 99 Hits) on news.[/QUOTE]

Haha bob larue touches little boys inappropriately

Location hidden

#19 Jun 11, 2013
I ran into one of the guys from Martz Communications who work in Malone, don't recall his name at the parade saturday, he seemed like a nice guy. He was aware of the complaints but as with anything people hate change.

He explained they kept the news/sports and some of the programs from the old station. News is still in the morning, he then said we actually run more news, every hour at the bottom from ABC news, so essentially there is news 24 hours a day when there wants before.

They kept the entire staff. Andy left months before the sale and he left for other reasons. The guys who stayed have a new building, all new digital equipment, and opportunity for growth.
wtf

Hudson, NY

#20 Jun 16, 2013
I here'd Lamb of god and Pantera o that station yesterday that's my new station.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potsdam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... 15 hr local yokel 109
The Rockin Demo (Dec '16) Tue Justme 19
A 1 chinese Aug 21 Bdp3 6
Labrador Puppies? (Jan '16) Aug 20 lol 16
Left Libertarian / Anarchist study group Aug 2 lol 28
Anyone want to make quick money? Aug 2 Jimmy 6
Alicia LaMora Jul 29 Thx1366 2

Potsdam Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance