Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Merry Christmas”

Since: Jan 11

Happy New Year

#61924 Aug 20, 2012
Romney seems to want Wall Street to keep doing what it's been doing, offering no specifics on what kinds of regulations should be imposed to put it in check. He definitely wants to repeal Dodd-Frank, but won't say what he'll replace it with.

When J.P. Morgan announced it lost $3 billion a few months ago, Romney essentially shrugged his shoulders and said that's the free market enterprise for you.

But when that free market enterprise results in our economy almost collapsing, resulting in Wall Street needing more than a trillion dollars of infusion from the American taxpayer and the Federal Reserve, it sure isn't free to us.

Far too many banks have been horrible at working with the millions of homeowners who face foreclosure, as evidence by stories done by many reporters, including CNN's Jessica Yellin Romney? Nothing. Go to www.mittromney.com and see if you find anything confronting the housing crisis. Nada. Nothing. Zip.

Judging by the voting record of Ryan in the House, we surely can't expect him to work to change Romney's mind.

Ryan was one of only 64 House members to vote against a law requiring credit card companies to notify cardholders they were going to raise their interest rates (it passed).

He voted no on a bill to allow the Treasury Department to offer $300 billion in loans to community banks to assist small businesses (it passed).

He voted yes to strip the Consumer Financial Protect Agency of some of its toughest rules, instead wanting to soften it up (it failed).

And he voted yes on a bill that delayed for a year new regulations on the kind of derivatives that created the financial mess we're in right now (it passed).

It is clear that Wall Street doesn't care about American consumers, except to keep them shackled in debt through sky high credit card balances, thus allowing the financial industry to make billions off the high interest rates. Bankers fought hard to keep hitting account holders with hidden fees, again lining their pockets. And they sure as heck aren't doing enough to stabilize the housing market by drawing down principals and placing a moratorium on foreclosures.

So we should recognize Romney's recipe of ideas as a disaster for consumers and a boon for Wall Street.

You can be angry all you want about Biden's chains comments, but you better be just as upset if we have to go through another financial calamity like we did in 2008 when Wall Street ran amok and took us for suckers in an effort to tap into our pocketbooks again, courtesy of the U.S. Treasury.
Betterthan

Elmhurst, IL

#61925 Aug 20, 2012
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparing a democrat to a frog, huh? Now I understand why democrats wear "Depends"....to protect their rears when they jump their cowardly bodies into hiding from their constant FAILURES!
Terrible joke, doesn't really make sense. Depends aren't for padding against bumps, they are for uncontrollable bladders. Take for example; What does GOP vagina smell like??? Well, DEPENDS....
See, I used what Depends are actually for as a reference in the joke.
Interesting

Eldridge, MO

#61926 Aug 20, 2012
Anyone who defends Biden's racial innuendo "put y'all back in chains" is nothing more than a coward and a loser. Biden was trying to be funny and "fit in" with a crowd of mainly African-Americans. It backfired on him, like ALL of his gaffs. If he was a true man, he would just admit he screwed up, apologize, and go on. However, he is a typical democrat coward, who will NEVER admit to a mistake.
Betterthan

Elmhurst, IL

#61927 Aug 20, 2012
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. "Just announced"! It happened on Fox News.
Sunday, Ed Gillespie, a senior Romney adviser, indicated the former Massachusetts governor would release the 2011 return by Oct. 15, about three weeks before the Nov. 6 election, but refused to say exactly when.
"Look, October 15 is the deadline for the IRS on an extension. We have said as soon as they're ready we're going to release them. And I believe they'll be ready before that," Gillespie told the "Fox News Sunday" program.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/19/mitt...
It is becoming clear that there is SOMETHING in Romney's 2009 income tax return that Romney CANNOT release because it will bring down a firestorm of criticism upon Romney's head.
As an example, Romney might have attempted to evade US income tax with illegal offshore bank accounts.
I think that's about as logical as Obama not being a citizen. I don't Romney has ANYTHING illegal in his tax returns, or has not paid any taxes for any particular year. I think he's not releasing them because his tax obligation is so very low compared to us working stiff and it would no doubt "look" bad and be cannon fodder for the Obama campaign, maybe or maybe not justifiably so.
Interesting

Eldridge, MO

#61928 Aug 20, 2012
Betterthan wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrible joke, doesn't really make sense. Depends aren't for padding against bumps, they are for uncontrollable bladders. Take for example; What does GOP vagina smell like??? Well, DEPENDS....
See, I used what Depends are actually for as a reference in the joke.
If you want to get technical, then you are not correct either. "Depends" are also for people who cannot control their bowl movements. Democrats are full of crap, out of control, out-of-touch, and cowards. They definitely need to wear "Depends". By the way, it wasn't meant to be a joke. If it was, I would have ended it with "LOL", "LMAO", "LMFAO", "ROTFLMAO", or something of that nature!

Since: Dec 10

Overland Park Kansas

#61929 Aug 20, 2012
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparing a democrat to a frog, huh? Now I understand why democrats wear "Depends"....to protect their rears when they jump their cowardly bodies into hiding from their constant FAILURES!
No I was comparing Frogs to dumb asses, the latter would included you.
Interesting

Eldridge, MO

#61930 Aug 20, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
No I was comparing Frogs to dumb asses, the latter would included you.
Frog=Dumb A$$=Democrat, I guess I will have to agree with you on this one! YAY, we finally found something to agree on!!! By the way, are you a democrat?
Interesting

Eldridge, MO

#61931 Aug 20, 2012
Obama loses more support.....NEWSWEEK

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2012/08/...
Interesting

Eldridge, MO

#61932 Aug 20, 2012
Interesting

Eldridge, MO

#61933 Aug 20, 2012
I am sure the dems will be anti-Newsweek now!

Overland Park Kansas

#61934 Aug 20, 2012
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Frog=Dumb A$$=Democrat, I guess I will have to agree with you on this one! YAY, we finally found something to agree on!!! By the way, are you a democrat?
Yes I am,

but I don't have to ask, I know, you are a dumb ass.
Interesting

Eldridge, MO

#61935 Aug 20, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am,
but I don't have to ask, I know, you are a dumb ass.
Then you meet your own definition of a frog=dumbass! TY, you played right into that one!!! But then, Barney was never portrayed as being very smart!!! Heck, your own party has an A$$ as their mascot!!!

Overland Park Kansas

#61936 Aug 20, 2012
The big-spending conservative super PAC Crossroads GPS is pulling advertising money from the Missouri Senate race following Rep. Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comments, Crossroads spokesman Nate Hodson told Yahoo News. As Politico first reported, the group began canceling its ad buys in support of Akin this morning.
Interesting

Eldridge, MO

#61937 Aug 20, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
The big-spending conservative super PAC Crossroads GPS is pulling advertising money from the Missouri Senate race following Rep. Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comments, Crossroads spokesman Nate Hodson told Yahoo News. As Politico first reported, the group began canceling its ad buys in support of Akin this morning.
As they should! Pulling the $ is a GOOD MARK for the republicans. Unlike if this was a democrat making such an idiotic comment, the dems would be defending it, saying "that's not what he meant". Great example.....JOE BIDEN and his idiotic racist gaff!!!

Overland Park Kansas

#61938 Aug 20, 2012
Interesting wrote:
Because the magazine published a editorial written by a Republican?

Bottom line here, don't be so sure, such moves as this has been known to cause a loss of independent voters
Betterthan

Elmhurst, IL

#61939 Aug 20, 2012
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to get technical, then you are not correct either. "Depends" are also for people who cannot control their bowl movements. Democrats are full of crap, out of control, out-of-touch, and cowards. They definitely need to wear "Depends". By the way, it wasn't meant to be a joke. If it was, I would have ended it with "LOL", "LMAO", "LMFAO", "ROTFLMAO", or something of that nature!
If you really want to get technical, I am still correct even if I didn't include the "other" use of bowel problems. And if you weren't joking then you literally think that Depends are so one doesn't bump their ass when hopping. You ma'am, aren't the sharpest marble in the sack.
Strong Proud Conservative

Maryland Heights, MO

#61940 Aug 20, 2012
Interesting wrote:
I wonder if they will call Newsweek "racist".
Interesting

Eldridge, MO

#61941 Aug 20, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the magazine published a editorial written by a Republican?
Bottom line here, don't be so sure, such moves as this has been known to cause a loss of independent voters
Good point! I am convinced Obama will lose MANY independent voters!! Thank you, Newsweek!
Interesting

Eldridge, MO

#61942 Aug 20, 2012
Betterthan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really want to get technical, I am still correct even if I didn't include the "other" use of bowel problems. And if you weren't joking then you literally think that Depends are so one doesn't bump their ass when hopping. You ma'am, aren't the sharpest marble in the sack.
Marbles are round, dufus!!! And by the way you respond, you are by far the dullest knife in the drawer!!!
Interesting

Eldridge, MO

#61943 Aug 20, 2012
Strong Proud Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if they will call Newsweek "racist".
Well, of course they will!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potosi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zack Jacobson is Mike byrum cousin Sun Mike b Dalton byrum 1
Go post Apr 21 potosi pissed off 1
pill heads Apr 21 potosi pissed off 1
Washington county wide Apr 21 Stoddard county mo 1
dumbass Apr 21 Stoddard county mo 1
Regions bank Apr 19 Mike b 1
Sam or Nicole Patrick (Mar '10) Apr 16 Collin or robert 4

Potosi Jobs

Personal Finance

Potosi Mortgages