Gunsite / Bowsite of Potosi

Gunsite / Bowsite of Potosi

Posted in the Potosi Forum

BUYER BEWARE

Columbia, MO

#1 Sep 13, 2012
A month ago I worked out a trade with Shannon Sitton, the owner of GunSite and BowSite in Potosi, MO. on a compound bow. His $500 bow for my $1900 treadmill.(ya, I know.. but I really wanted to bow hunt) I have been holding this treadmill for over a month turning away 2 other buyers, purchased accessories for the bow already (a little over $100). AND put together a private ccw class for him to instruct where he would profit between $750 -$1000. Not to mention talking his businesses up on all my gun and bow sites.
Today, 3 days before opening season. He tells me he is welching on the trade because he is buying a larger store and needs the money for the bow more than a trade, but being the nice guy he is will let me buy the bow at a discount.... REALLY!!!!! Did I mention I have know him for close to 20 years??? If this doesn't get worked out today, you will see lots of details and copies of messages back and forth on every hunting and shooting site I belong to. Oh, and he came to me with the trade offer in the first place.
I can't figure out if I am more mad or shocked at this behavior. I have never welched on a deal. I may be a sonofabitch, but my word means something!
He has now decided to change his reason for backing out of the deal because I was rude to his wife, whom I work in the same building with. Funny thing is, his wife came to me to apologize for his behavior. She and I are friends and I would never treat her badly, no matter how much of a low-life he is. I have over a month worth of messages from him confirming the deal and asking me customization questions about the bow.
Really??

Sheridan, MI

#2 Sep 14, 2012
BUYER BEWARE wrote:
A month ago I worked out a trade with Shannon Sitton, the owner of GunSite and BowSite in Potosi, MO. on a compound bow. His $500 bow for my $1900 treadmill.(ya, I know.. but I really wanted to bow hunt) I have been holding this treadmill for over a month turning away 2 other buyers, purchased accessories for the bow already (a little over $100). AND put together a private ccw class for him to instruct where he would profit between $750 -$1000. Not to mention talking his businesses up on all my gun and bow sites.
Today, 3 days before opening season. He tells me he is welching on the trade because he is buying a larger store and needs the money for the bow more than a trade, but being the nice guy he is will let me buy the bow at a discount.... REALLY!!!!! Did I mention I have know him for close to 20 years??? If this doesn't get worked out today, you will see lots of details and copies of messages back and forth on every hunting and shooting site I belong to. Oh, and he came to me with the trade offer in the first place.
I can't figure out if I am more mad or shocked at this behavior. I have never welched on a deal. I may be a sonofabitch, but my word means something!
He has now decided to change his reason for backing out of the deal because I was rude to his wife, whom I work in the same building with. Funny thing is, his wife came to me to apologize for his behavior. She and I are friends and I would never treat her badly, no matter how much of a low-life he is. I have over a month worth of messages from him confirming the deal and asking me customization questions about the bow.
That is pretty low!! If you make a deal then be a man and stand behind it!! I wouldn't do business with a shithead like this. I'm very glad to come across information like this to give me a heads up on businesses that I should avoid!! Thank you!!
??

O Fallon, MO

#3 Sep 15, 2012
Defamation

Although the First Amendment guarantees the rights of free speech and free press, the need to protect victims of abuses arising from these guarantees has long been recognized. In fact, the options available to victims of defamation for recovery of damages can be traced back hundreds of years, long before the first colonists settled in America.

Defamation is a statement that tends to hold the victim up to contempt, hatred, ridicule, or cause him to be shunned or avoided. It tends to injure his reputation, to diminish the respect, goodwill and confidence in which the victim is held in the eyes of others.

Such statements may be defamatory on their face, such as the victim is a liar, immoral, a drunkard, a crook or has done a thing that is oppressive or dishonorable. They may also be statements that are not bad on their face but, due to the plaintiff's personal circumstances, could harm his reputation, such as accusing a kosher meat dealer of selling bacon or accusing a doctor of advertising.
Really??

O Fallon, MO

#4 Sep 15, 2012
[QUOTE who="??"]Defamation

Although the First Amendment guarantees the rights of free speech and free press, the need to protect victims of abuses arising from these guarantees has long been recognized. In fact, the options available to victims of defamation for recovery of damages can be traced back hundreds of years, long before the first colonists settled in America.

Defamation is a statement that tends to hold the victim up to contempt, hatred, ridicule, or cause him to be shunned or avoided. It tends to injure his reputation, to diminish the respect, goodwill and confidence in which the victim is held in the eyes of others.

Such statements may be defamatory on their face, such as the victim is a liar, immoral, a drunkard, a crook or has done a thing that is oppressive or dishonorable. They may also be statements that are not bad on their face but, due to the plaintiff's personal circumstances, could harm his reputation, such as accusing a kosher meat dealer of selling bacon or accusing a doctor of advertising.[/QUOTE]
Is this your fancy way of saying you can't warn people about a shady business??? If so you better file suit against the Better Business Bureau immediately!! In my opinion the only thing this gent did wrong, is to bash anyone by their real name and not use his real name also! Other than that, it's his or her civic duty to warn others of how this person does business. It was not illegal to back out of the deal, but if your the business owner and choose to practice this way you're not someone I would deal with. I don't know either party here, but do appreciate the warning!! Just my opinion!!
SMH

Wentzville, MO

#5 Nov 28, 2012
So you knew the guy for 20 years and because of him having a need to go back on 1 trade deal, you feel the need to go online and do damage on "a bunch of site" you are part of? Seriously? So what if you had needed to nix on the trade for some reason? Would you have had a problem with him going and doing the same thing to you on a bunch of sites because of 1 deal needing to be reversed? Sounds like there is more on your end your not saying, kinda immature imo...
Trust

O Fallon, MO

#6 Nov 28, 2012
SMH wrote:
So you knew the guy for 20 years and because of him having a need to go back on 1 trade deal, you feel the need to go online and do damage on "a bunch of site" you are part of? Seriously? So what if you had needed to nix on the trade for some reason? Would you have had a problem with him going and doing the same thing to you on a bunch of sites because of 1 deal needing to be reversed? Sounds like there is more on your end your not saying, kinda immature imo...
You're an idiot! When a buyer backs out of a deal its way different than a dealer or owner backing out. The dealer is building a reputation with customer service and integrity, if he doesn't have that he is no good. Crappy buyers come and go, but the seller is the one who needs to make sure the public feels they can trust him!

Plain and simple, I disagree with you!
My Info

United States

#7 Nov 7, 2014
Him and his mom work together. He sells guns that should not be sold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potosi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know where Tiffanie Barton is or wh... (Sep '14) Thu Bystander 4
Really?? Wed Now your talking 1
Cody Coleman Wed Young343 2
Robert Hopple Wed Butterfly100 2
eric misplay Tue stay-c 2
Chubby troll Felicia Goins Aug 21 AnotherWorker 1
roxanne and rick cash (Sep '13) Aug 19 not a snitch 02134 38

Potosi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance