Firefighters Battle Huge House Fire I...

Firefighters Battle Huge House Fire In Potomac - News Story - W...

There are 24 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from May 21, 2008, titled Firefighters Battle Huge House Fire In Potomac - News Story - W.... In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

Firefighters were called to battle a massive house fire in Potomac on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SLB

Washington, DC

#1 May 21, 2008
Hopefully the dog got out & ran because of being scared & thank goodness the Mother & the baby got out safely.
I wonder

Hagerstown, MD

#2 May 21, 2008
Could that be another soon to be forclosure going up in smoke?

DMA

Since: Apr 08

Washington, DC

#3 May 21, 2008
What a shame. What a beautifull house. I am so-------- glad the family was not injured!!
NurseNTraining

Alexandria, VA

#4 May 21, 2008
I wonder wrote:
Could that be another soon to be forclosure going up in smoke?
I was actually wondering the same thing... it was an amazing house... one like you'd see on television!! I'm glad the family got out safely and I hope the dog is okay... such a tragedy. My sympathy to the family!
I wonder

Hagerstown, MD

#5 May 21, 2008
NurseNTraining wrote:
<quoted text>
I was actually wondering the same thing... it was an amazing house... one like you'd see on television!! I'm glad the family got out safely and I hope the dog is okay... such a tragedy. My sympathy to the family!
I've heard and seen on tv that is becoming a "new trend", people setting the house on fire before the bank can take it back.
yeah right

Cockeysville, MD

#6 May 21, 2008
Hmmm...yeah, it could be a forclosure up in smoke. Or it could be the homeowner's an idiot. He smelled smoke, then just left it alone? Man, not to sound racist, but Asian people aren't very "street" smart. They're very book smart, which is what got him this huge house *i'm jealous*, but not street smart at all.

Sorry about all of your personal belongings, and i'm glad everyone is ok, hope the dog is ok, but seriously, you've go so much money, i'm sure you'll just go rent another 6000 square foot house- no problem- until this one gets rebuilt.
Some sympathy, not much though.
JAL

Fairfax, VA

#7 May 21, 2008
Why is a million dollar house equipped with detective alarms? I would never want to live in a huge house where you will never know the fire starts somewhere and you can't smell or sense there is a real smoke in your house.
JAL

Fairfax, VA

#8 May 21, 2008
Once you smell smoke in your house, be conscious
and search for it. Why did the stupid husband think it came from BBQ at this early morning hour? You can tell the difference from real smoke and BBQ. Such a big loss but glad Mother and baby got out and pray for the puppy. Wonder where it was...

Since: Feb 08

Greenway, VA

#9 May 22, 2008
Is BBQing at 7 in the morning so common there that this guy thought his house going up in flames was a BBQ? Didn't the article say it started from improperly disguarded smoking materials? What was this guy smoking to not be able to determine the difference between vinyl siding smoke and BBQ grill smoke? I hope this wasn't to avoid foreclosure and it was just stupidity (not that we need more stupid people in the world).
Nicole

Franklinton, NC

#10 May 22, 2008
How stupid can you be OMG. If I smell smoke in my house I will find out where it's coming from! The husband thought it was coming from the neighbors BBQ @ 7 in the morning. Come on who is cooking BBQ @ 7AM. I am sorry that they lost their puppy. But the wife & husband chose not to follow through with the smoke smell. Smoke is the first sign of fire. That family is plain stupid. Maybe this will give them a wake up call next time they smell smoke. This should also teach them how to properly put out smoking material. How stupid can you get OMG. I am glad they made it out alive. But this is a case of just pure ignorance! As they say ignorance is bliss.(Welcome to America)
Sara Z

Lanham, MD

#11 May 22, 2008
im so glad Sharon wasnt in the house, she is 1 of the teenagers that goes to our scool was not there...the family is actually just fine...my other friend is letting her stay there at her house...but im very happy that every1 is safe...but hoo has a bbq at 7 in the morning?? and if u smell smoke u run out! but im very happy for them!!woot woot!!
Teacher and Staff Member

Philadelphia, PA

#12 May 22, 2008
yeah right wrote:
Hmmm...yeah, it could be a forclosure up in smoke. Or it could be the homeowner's an idiot. He smelled smoke, then just left it alone? Man, not to sound racist, but Asian people aren't very "street" smart. They're very book smart, which is what got him this huge house *i'm jealous*, but not street smart at all.
Sorry about all of your personal belongings, and i'm glad everyone is ok, hope the dog is ok, but seriously, you've go so much money, i'm sure you'll just go rent another 6000 square foot house- no problem- until this one gets rebuilt.
Some sympathy, not much though.
This could be the work of arson.
ELP

Huntsville, AL

#14 May 22, 2008
Sara Z wrote:
im so glad Sharon wasnt in the house, she is 1 of the teenagers that goes to our scool was not there...the family is actually just fine...my other friend is letting her stay there at her house...but im very happy that every1 is safe...but hoo has a bbq at 7 in the morning?? and if u smell smoke u run out! but im very happy for them!!woot woot!!
Hey Sara! LoL! I can't believe I found you on the web!
potomac resident

Laurel, MD

#15 May 22, 2008
some of these comments are not nice! what if your own house burned down, and you got these rude comments! that would NOT be nice. SO STOP!
sum1

College Point, NY

#16 May 22, 2008
omg guys shutup! it was not a forecloser the girl is 1 of my frends and they didnt do it on purpose they r really rich i think its so rude that u would even think souch a thing so shut up!
y would they burn their own house down while them and all of their belonging were in it????
you guys are crazy and i really hope you are okay sharon if you see this<3
i think its really mean of you to think souch a thing and i really feel bad for them =[
sum1

College Point, NY

#17 May 22, 2008
potomac resident wrote:
some of these comments are not nice! what if your own house burned down, and you got these rude comments! that would NOT be nice. SO STOP!
i know thank u
these people are asses how would you feel if ur house burnt down?
so shut up!!
you guys are so rude
i also would have thought tht it was a bbq because no1 is ever expecting a fire!!!
to sum1

Westminster, MD

#18 May 22, 2008
it just seems a little fishy that they "didnt know" their house was on fire. i mean seriously, who has a grill going at 7 am on a WEEKDAY? and if you go to school with this girl then why does your location say New York? can you explain that one?
hater of racists

Olney, MD

#19 May 22, 2008
Capitol Hill Harry wrote:
Let's give the guy a break. 7am here is 6pm in Bangkok so he was probably WOKing around with jet lag at that time of the morning, burning his SWEET AND SOUR mortgage papers and foreclosure notices SOY he could collect DUCK the SAUCE from his insurance. Good thing the dog wasn't KUNG PAO and its scary that the family almost went HUNAN too but they are out, can GARLIC their wounds and work thru this TEMPURA situation by feeding the dog CHOW and their MEIN NOODLES. If you think I'm trivializing this, please forgive me for starting an ORANGE BEEF.
excuse me are you making fun of asians? if youre gunna be mean you dont need to tell the world about it. cant you like keep it to yourself? and like if your house burnt down and you became homeless i dont think you would exactly effing like it if someone made fun of your race while theyre effing homeless and are basically in depression mode.
potomac liver

Olney, MD

#20 May 22, 2008
okay the dog is okay
they found it
and they thought the neighbors were having a barbeque cause the neighbors ALWAYS have parties 24/7
everyones okay
and it wasnt on purpose
something exploded
now get the story right
and if you dont even know what really happened shut the eff up and maybe start telling real news and not fake news that you dont even know anything about.
not surprised

Hyattsville, MD

#21 Jun 8, 2008
That was a good response to dum1 A report to the board monitor for her verbal attacks on other posters wouldn't be out of line--might teach her some manners.
to sum1 wrote:
it just seems a little fishy that they "didnt know" their house was on fire. i mean seriously, who has a grill going at 7 am on a WEEKDAY? and if you go to school with this girl then why does your location say New York? can you explain that one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Potomac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News First lady: Barron Trump to attend private Epis... May '17 darkness falls 1
News To Say, 'Stop Raping Me!' in English, Press '1'... May '17 Frogface Kate 9
News Univision Smears Conservatives, Cheers Dropped ... May '17 tomin cali 3
News Anti-gay Gambian president rejects election res... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Prosperity Fundie... 1
News LISTEN: New Potomac River Crossing Coming To So... (Nov '16) Nov '16 mike 1
Sad: I am in the DUMPS and need some solid help... (Apr '16) May '16 Tommy 2
Who wants to rub my BIG THICK WEENIE until this... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Kevn Blicke 1

Potomac Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Potomac Mortgages