New sheriff opens old murder cases

Jan 4, 2013 Full story: Poteau Daily News & Sun 9

LeFlore County Sheriff Rob Seale has announced his intentions to open two unsolved murder cases from 2009.

Full Story
Ginger

Broken Arrow, OK

#1 Jan 4, 2013
Woo hoo go Rob so glad he's finally in office
still under investigation

Randolph, NJ

#2 Jan 5, 2013
LeFlore County Sheriff Rob Seale has announced his intentions to open two unsolved murder cases from 2009.
Jody Wilson, 23, of Wister, was found dead May 8, 2009 by a paraglider flying above the Runestone State Park. She was reported missing the following day by her husband Donald “Bo” Wilson.
The cause and manner of Wilson's death has not been determined due to decomposition.
The murder of Joe Neff, 62, in May 2009 has also remained unsolved. Neff, the owner / operator of the Long Branch Saloon located south of Poteau was reported missing May 14, 2009 after an employee arrived at the bar and found what appeared to be a crime scene.
Three days later, Neff's body was found floating in a strip pit located near Pocola by a local fisherman. It was determined he had died from a gunshot wound.
Both murders were investigated by the LeFlore County Sheriff's Department and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. Seale plans to meet with the OSBI and discuss case information. He has assigned a criminal investigator to follow-up on leads and information regarding the murders
Finally

Howe, OK

#3 Jan 21, 2013
Maybe it will actually will be investigated this time. Maybe these families can finally get some answers. Maybe even some peace.

“aka; lar”

Since: Sep 08

FIND THE JAMISON FAMILY!!!

#4 Jan 25, 2013
I really hope the new Sheriff is serious about finding out who murdered Jody and Joe!
bartsrock

Sulphur Springs, TX

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Nice to hear that someone is going to do the job elected to do. Way to many small towns in OK that go unsolved. Way to go Lefelore County on a vote that can make a difference.
Concerned Parent

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Jan 29, 2013
Why can't they reopen Michelle Thomas case in Talihina that was never solved ? Her family and friends would like closure also.
Niki

United States

#7 Jan 30, 2013
Concerned Parent wrote:
Why can't they reopen Michelle Thomas case in Talihina that was never solved ? Her family and friends would like closure also.
I agree...I'm not from there but this nags at me ALL the time. I wished we had more answers.someone knows something...i miss her so much...
Whydontyou

Fair Lawn, NJ

#8 Jan 31, 2013
Go to the Sheriff or call him and ASK him to look into this Michele's case... or start a thread about Michele so we can keep this for Jody and Joe.
rude

Bristow, OK

#9 Jan 31, 2013
yes it would be nice to solve joe and jodys cases but you have no consideration for other people who also have missing people or unsolved cases too ahundred threads of the same thing doesnt seem to be solving anything and you dont own any thread go back to the original thread about those two cases there are other people with unsolved cases also and remember your manners next time!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poteau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'BIG' sale at Omars' Dec 20 tinker 1
Rock Island getting sued! Dec 15 zombiemax 1
Why is Rock Island always working in Pocola? Dec 13 zombiemax 3
Stolen Horses From Pocahontas Road, Wister (Apr '14) Nov '14 sabotnik 3
My Dr. abandoned me! Nov '14 Not Happy 1
Berestain Bears live in Poteau Oct '14 Kirby 2
lies, cheating, and attempt suicide talihina sc... Oct '14 Honestly 1
Poteau Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web