Newport News Police Officer Arrested

Newport News Police Officer Arrested

There are 185 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Mar 4, 2009, titled Newport News Police Officer Arrested. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

A Newport News police detective was arrested Wednesday afternoon and charged with embezzlement in Norfolk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

make you go hum

Portsmouth, VA

#166 Mar 16, 2009
Same officer that Assistant Chief Joe Moore took home instead arrest for DUID on the 28th of February...., now arrested for Domestic Assault... Gross Negligence in the performance of your law enforcement duties there Joe.....
Upset

Hampton, VA

#167 Mar 16, 2009
make you go hum wrote:
Same officer that Assistant Chief Joe Moore took home instead arrest for DUID on the 28th of February...., now arrested for Domestic Assault... Gross Negligence in the performance of your law enforcement duties there Joe.....
Why didnt Joe get her the help that she needed back on the 28th?

I agree!!!!! Gross Negligence in the performance of your law enforcement duties there Joe!!!!!!!! You make over $80,000 a year and for what?
What goes around

Newport News, VA

#168 Mar 16, 2009
I understand that there are two standards for drunk or inpaired drivers in Newport News. If you are a police officer and in need of a ride home after you've destroyed your patrol car and half the city while driving your marked car impared, you can call Asst Police Chief Joe Moore and he will not only come out and provide you with a ride home, he'll cover it up too.

This from a man who used to be a leader in dwi arrest under Capt KTH in the late 70's. Joe you are as crooked as the come, you need to go before you bring further embarresment to that department, and its coming!
Rumors

Hampton, VA

#169 Mar 16, 2009
What goes around wrote:
I understand that there are two standards for drunk or inpaired drivers in Newport News. If you are a police officer and in need of a ride home after you've destroyed your patrol car and half the city while driving your marked car impared, you can call Asst Police Chief Joe Moore and he will not only come out and provide you with a ride home, he'll cover it up too.
This from a man who used to be a leader in dwi arrest under Capt KTH in the late 70's. Joe you are as crooked as the come, you need to go before you bring further embarresment to that department, and its coming!
Another NNPD officer arrested this morning and from what is going around, 1-2 more will be arrested soon.
Concerned Citizen

Williamsburg, VA

#170 Mar 16, 2009
Rumors wrote:
<quoted text>
Another NNPD officer arrested this morning and from what is going around, 1-2 more will be arrested soon.
WHo???? Also I understand the female Sgt. who wrecked her police car and that Chief Moore covered for has resigned. Will Moore be investigated by I.A.?
Concerned Citizen

Williamsburg, VA

#171 Mar 16, 2009
Who was arrested?? For what??? You can tell me.... I will keep it a secret.
L from south

Hampton, VA

#172 Mar 16, 2009
Concerned Citizen wrote:
do not worry about it.
from neither side

United States

#173 Mar 16, 2009
Harry Morant wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop with the lies already!
Officers DO NOT put their lives on the line every day. The local clerk at the 7/11 of the taxi driver face far a far higher rate of homicide compared to officers - and officers get to carry a gun to boot!
Let's set the record straight about the often misused "protect and serve" garbage. The only thing the officers protect are the other "boys in blue." They do this while "serving" their own greedy self-interests.
You are living in the past if you think most officers are there for you. In their eyes there are three types of people in the world: officers, criminals, and potential criminals.
In most officers eyes YOU are either a criminal or potential criminal.
You're an idiot of you think that they are all the same. That's like saying all blacks are the same, all jews are the same, all white's are the same...make an educated statement!
arrest

Hampton, VA

#174 Mar 16, 2009
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Officer was arrested on Friday for animal abuse and officer was arrested today for domestic.
AntiFox

Newport News, VA

#175 Mar 17, 2009
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
WHo???? Also I understand the female Sgt. who wrecked her police car and that Chief Moore covered for has resigned. Will Moore be investigated by I.A.?
Admin leave. Same person in today's paper.

Since: May 09

Colorado Springs, CO

#176 May 29, 2009
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
Apply for the job since you have all the answers.
The thin blue line precludes most of us who are sane to actually get into law enforcement. I wonder how many people that tried to stand up for what is right are now 6 feet under. Just food for thought.

I have been asked to join. I have in effect been told to put up or shut up. I have been told "If you can't beat em, join em." I have replied, "You can always beat em, eventually." It may take your death and many others to boot, but you can always beat em. By not joining, this is the first step to beating them.
Former NNPD

Stephens City, VA

#177 Jun 7, 2009
What comes around goes around! NNPD is the dirtiest PD I have ever worked for. There are others that need to be added to the famed list of NN Officers being arrested. Hey Crouch, a wake up call? Gimmie a brake, if people only knew.
Shaquan

Yorktown, VA

#178 Jun 7, 2009
Serenity now wrote:
Here we go again (again)
Lawd hep us
Wayne

Portsmouth, VA

#179 Oct 28, 2010
I am still looking for the pictures. Leave me alone. I have strong cases. Who cares that jury members laugh at me?
NNPO

Newport News, VA

#180 Nov 1, 2010
Wayne, Det. V, everyone laughs at you. You are a joke. Keep running your mouth, but it will not change your reputation for being an idiot.
Joe do gooder

San Antonio, TX

#181 Mar 8, 2011
C/A Attorney should be arrested for falsifying court records and changing judge's orders intentionally. False Imprisonment issues pending, lying on a court record and his boos need to be place accountable fore issues, since he approved conditions granted
Joe do gooder

San Antonio, TX

#182 Mar 8, 2011
Hampton Commonwealth Attorney's Office need to be held accountable for crimes Their Attorney's commitment intentionally
Joe do gooder

San Antonio, TX

#183 Mar 8, 2011
False Imprisonment, Falsifying Cour Records, Changing documents to suit their purposes, State need to investigate the commonweath Offenses on record
Your Real Boss

Norfolk, VA

#184 Mar 8, 2011
from neither side wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot of you think that they are all the same. That's like saying all blacks are the same, all jews are the same, all white's are the same...make an educated statement!
Being a cop is not the same as being 'black','white' or 'jewish'.

Many cops, if not most, join the force because their personality type gravitates toward a lifestyle that suites them. A cop has near absolute power over the lives of averyone that they encounter. They absolutely see everyone outside their clique as either a criminal or a potential criminal.

The fact that these people are geared toward a mentality of violence and distrust makes them unstable, yet, we allow them to carry guns.

These overpaid public servants need to be reminded that they are hired to work for us; we hire them to enforce our laws and protect the public. They are not in charge of the streets (as they often think), they are public servants. They are expected to perform their duties with integrity and with respect. All too often, they are little more than gangs, or thugs. These cops work for us. It is embarrassing to see this kind of crap, about local cops, in the forums every day.
J Edger Hoover

Yorktown, VA

#185 Mar 8, 2011
Lock her up and throw away key.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 58,800
What are you feelings on men wearing womens und... (Jul '12) Fri panties corning a... 27
News Michael Jackson postpones some London shows; sa... (May '09) Apr 28 Richard Kranium 33
News Police: Rape crisis counselor accused of rape i... (Dec '10) Apr 28 martin garey 4
News ARCHIVE: Rape victim says she is 'not going away' (Aug '11) Apr 28 let me guess 3
Former Poquoson police officer charged with rap... (Dec '11) Apr 28 and 13
Rape charges qgainst forme cop dismissed (Aug '12) Apr 28 i bet 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portsmouth Mortgages