Gator Allmond and The Spice of Life Band

Gator Allmond and The Spice of Life Band

There are 21 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from May 16, 2008, titled Gator Allmond and The Spice of Life Band. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

G ator Allmond retired from the Air Force about 12 years ago, but his local music career is still soaring.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Newport News Native

Flat Rock, MI

#1 May 17, 2008
Today, my husband and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. We were fortunate to have Gator Almond and his band perform at our wedding reception. They were so great; to this day, family and friends still talk about what a wonderful time they had, and how awesome Gator and his band were. I enjoyed this feature article, and wish Gator Almond and his band much more success and love.
Bill Day

Williamsburg, VA

#2 Jun 17, 2008
I have lost touch with Gator. He played at my son's wedding and a number of parties I had. My daughter is getting married and I want to find out if Gator is available. Any help: e-mail [email protected]
Judy Allmond

AOL

#3 Jul 15, 2008
Bill Day wrote:
I have lost touch with Gator. He played at my son's wedding and a number of parties I had. My daughter is getting married and I want to find out if Gator is available. Any help: e-mail [email protected]
e-mail [email protected] Contact him.
Thank you
Dennis Williams

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Jul 17, 2008
I played with Gator in the original Spice Of Life Band in Del Rio, Texas. He was and is a truly gifted, multi-talented entertainer. Learned alot from him that I still apply in my performing career to this day. You can see some early pictures of him on my myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/khaleefd
JHJ

Chesapeake, VA

#5 Jul 18, 2008
Thanks so much for giving my husband and I an outlet. I was reintroduced to you and the band at Fort Monroe on the 4th and My husband LOVED you all. We couldnt wait to get to Fort Monroe on the 11th to see you again. We had sooo much fun.. We arent "clubbers" so we normally sit at the house and have the classic ol skool party. We will probably become Gator Groupies! LOL Thanks so much for putting some SPICE back in our Life! See ya August 1st at The Fort
Larry Jenkis

Montgomery, AL

#6 Jun 3, 2009
Wow! Man this was the best time I eve had at a beach behind the Ft Monroe Club. We wer at a wedding reception inside the club and we just come out on the beach to view the area and then we heard Gator Allmond and the Spice of life Band. He was all ove the place singing to the ladies and he even made one of the teenagers happy he sung a hip hop verson of happy birthday to him and all of the guys friends just danced and cheered Gator and the band. He is one of the best. We will be back to see him again on 4th July. Gator Allmond is opening for the AWB and I am bring a bunch of family and friends. See you soon
Mark Hill

Bonner Springs, KS

#7 Jun 17, 2009
Gator, it was nice to meet you last night. Thanks for coming out, and thanks to your colleague for bringing you out. I'm glad you enjoyed it. We have several reading bands in San Antonio. The Blue Star hosts a different jazz band each Tuesday and one on the 2nd Wed of the month. I play regularly with two of the bands. Last night I was filling in. If you're ever back in San Antonio on a Tuesday, come back out. I wish continued success to you in your music endeavors. Looks like things are going very well!
Keith and Debra Morgan

Yorktown, VA

#8 Oct 15, 2009
Gator and his band performed at our daughter's wedding reception at the Bayside Enlisted Club 0n Oct 10, 2009. There were well over 250 out of state family members in attendance. The # one comment from all was "this is the best reception I have ever attended". This was the most exciting time we have ever had. People were in amazement of how Gator choreagraped the reception from beginning to end. The music was OUTSTANDING. Comments were endless on the band with "Where did you find these guys". Can't wait for the video. It was over way too soon. Thank you for an over the top performance. You have two more Morgan Weddings to entertain:)
Karen Whitner

Luckey, OH

#9 Oct 15, 2009
[This band was fabulous. Gator was one of the best entertainers I have ever seen at a reception. I am from the NJ/NY area, and they do it big there. However, he could perform with the best of them with no problem. He made the reception exceptional and unique. I would recommend him to anyone looking to have an event of a lifetime! He is "One In A Million".
Vernice Allmond

Long Island City, NY

#10 Nov 16, 2009
From New York Met you at one of the Allmond
Family Reunion in Smithfield, VA some years ago at My Uncle Eddie Allmond Home. Just want to say Hello
Jon

Moseley, VA

#11 Apr 30, 2010
Gator was the MC at my wedding reception and I also had one of his DJs. Everyone told me that it was the best reception they had ever been too. I have had four friends at my reception get married after me and all requested to have him do theirs. He is truly a talented man.
Nicole Romney-Williams

Montgomery, AL

#12 Apr 30, 2010
My mother was visiting last year and had the pleasure of hearing Gator and his band at Ft Monroe. She loved it so much she can't wait to visit to see his band this year. Gator Allmond & the Spice of Life Band are a class act!
Sariah

Moseley, VA

#13 Apr 30, 2010
Well, I'm a little biased since Gator is my father in law, but as a testament to his talent, EVERY friend of mine that was engaged or got engaged after having attended my wedding reception which he MC'd asked me how they could get him to MC their receptions as well. Even the single ones wanted to know just in case! We all loved it! He has a real knack for getting everyone involved and having a good time. It was wonderful. Love you :)
Frank aka DJ Slick

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#14 Apr 30, 2010
I have been DJ'ing since 1981, and I have never met a more professional, charismatic, entertaining DJ than Gator. I have had the pleasure of working with Gator for the past 10 years. It has been exciting, and the ride of my life! We have created some memorable moments together, and it was an extreme honor to share the stage with him. Mowtown, Countdown, the attire....we had it all. Gator is the best there is, and I will put my 29 years of experience on that :) Keep it up Gator.
P.S. Thanks for everything Gator!!!
Gladys Saunders

Newport News, VA

#15 Apr 30, 2010
I was fortunate to hear Gator Allmond and The Spice of Life Band at an event at Fort Monroe. It had been a long time since I was entertained to that degree. Also, Gator entertained at our Christmas Party and we have not had a Christmas Party like that since 2007. Gator Allmond is truly a great entertainer.
Sharon Walker

Montgomery, AL

#16 Apr 30, 2010
Gator Allmond is the man. I have known Gator for years and he still gets better all the time over the years. I was trying to decide last year if I was going to have a 50th birthday party celebration and I went to Gator and said I am thinking about having a birthday party and would you be my Deejay for my party and Gator said yes. Gator was awesome and my guests are still buzzing about Gator and my party. They are ready for me to have another birthday with Gator. People are always asking me how do you get Gator so quickly for your party, I said to them because I booked Gator a year in advance. Gator is the best and where ever he performances you will always get the best music and entertainment in Virginia. There is only one Gator, and no one get duplicate him and his talent. Gator keep on doing your thing.
Judy

AOL

#17 May 1, 2010
Gator Allmond and The Spice of Life are true "Entertainment". No matter what type of day you are having... they will make you move to the groove.
Gator is truly a People-Person, and it shows in his entertaining.
Real Music... Live.
Keep up the Great work.
Maria P Jackson

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#18 May 4, 2010
I know Gator too many years to count .... I have never met a most talented entertainer in all my years dealing with the entertainment industry, he is passionate about what he does and he his very gifted. Along with his fine personality and good humor, he is the best! I am blessed for counting him as apersonal friend~!
Dianne

Montgomery, AL

#19 May 11, 2010
Gator Allmond is truly the BEST in Hampton Roads. He Rocks. Keep on keeping on Gator Man. Maybe one day we will see you on the big stage with all the big time bands. Just keep on doing what your are doing Gator and one day a promoter from Hollywood will knock on your door. Gator you are awesome and good luck on your success.
Sabrina Arnic

Abilene, TX

#20 May 14, 2010
Judy Allmond wrote:
<quoted text>e-mail [email protected] Contact him.
Thank you
I enjoyed listening to Gator and the guys! Can't wait to get back that way!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Julia 1,509,505
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Well Well 8,075
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Mothra 63,572
Why do blacks get everything free? (Dec '12) 9 hr Todd 124
Review: Homecrest Mobile Home Park (Apr '09) 17 hr Homecrest needs ICE 58
Navy Dr wife leaked pics/vids Sun pinoyhunter 16
pet owner Sun g wright 1

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portsmouth Mortgages