Portsmouth Wind Turbine Remains Broken Fiasco Continues

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

Jack Kelly

Jamestown, RI

#1 May 11, 2013
http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_news/local...

Portsmouth wind turbine complete
Expected to save $200,000 this year
Updated: Saturday, 07 Mar 2009, 9:20 PM EST
Published : Saturday, 07 Mar 2009, 9:20 PM EST

Portsmouth, RI - The winds of change blew into Portsmouth today and after five years of planning, the town now has its wind turbine.
The nearly three million dollar project came in under budget and the green energy produced by the turbine is expected to net the town a nearly $200,000 dollar profit, in the first year alone.
"I think people throughout this state are going to see this project, see clean, green, cost-effective energy generation and see what it can do for people in their community." says Rhode Island Lieutenant Governor, Elizabeth Roberts.
It took a few weeks to erect the 366 foot tall turbine, with delays caused by wind.
The giant windmill is expected to supply more than 60% of the town's electricity.
It will power street lights, schools, fire and police stations.
"It's a sign of our triumph over old fashioned coal and energy independence for our country", adds resident Don Mosher. "I think it's a wonderful thing."
The turbine will be tested over the next few days, before the town formally accepts it and brings it online.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
prudence Island fire truck Feb '15 Walt welton 1
One Rhode Islanderís Response to the Boss Refus... Feb '15 RINews315 1
Wellington resort Feb '15 Smab 1
Tiverton Music Selection (Sep '12) Jan '15 Musikologist 10
Review: Crosspoint Church Jan '15 the husband of a nut 1
Gearbox Failure Investigation- Author: Roberts... (Nov '12) Jun '14 Jack DeLeo 6
News Butts Hill Fort Plan on Council Docket Tonight (Jun '14) Jun '14 Bob Delaney 1
Portsmouth Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Portsmouth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]